Pro-election activists warned to follow the law

webfact

Pro-election activists warned to follow the law

By Thai PBS

piyapong.jpg

Pro-election activists were reminded to keep their planned political activities peaceful and within the limits of the law and to refrain from mocking junta leaders in an improper manner.

Maj-Gen Piyapong Klinphan, a spokesperson of the National Council for Peace and Order, said Thursday (March 1) that the junta would not employ any special measure to deal with the public gatherings of the pro-election activists, but would make sure that the gatherings were peaceful and orderly even though some politicians might join their activities.

He reiterated Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha’s promise to hold the election within February next year and the NCPO’s wish to restore peace and order in the country and to prevent ill-intent elements from stirring up chaos.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/pro-election-activists-warned-follow-law/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2018-03-02

13 minutes ago, Samui Bodoh said:

"...refrain from mocking junta leaders in an improper manner..."

Hmm... does that mean that if they mock them in a PROPER manner, it is okay? 

Just askin'...

No it is not. Tyranny is much more afraid of laughter than violence.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, yellowboat said:

Little p did not like the Pinocchio masks at all and the Gambian head of state hurt his feelings too.  Good thing he will step down soon.  He is just a far too sensitive child to be running the country. 

Talking about sensitivity I wonder how Pinocchio's case is going against the man who spoke in reference to his wife's handbag.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, JAG said:

You think he will step down soon?

He will stay to the bitter end. He has been working towards getting this power for years, now he has got it he will hang on.

And the longer he hangs on the more bitter the end will be.

Of course he may "step aside". I'm not privy to his intentions  of course but wiser councils suggest that when an inevitable vacancy occurs...

He is rather unpopular and he has little backbone or intelligence.   My guess he will get a call from some anonymous, powerful person telling him to allow elections.  The super rich of Thailand will pin their hopes on the appointed shills in parliament to do their bidding and keep the masses at bay.   The wealthy have a fall back plan, and it is doubtful from Prem's comments that they have much long term use for this buffoon.  Could be wrong, but that is how it looks to me.  

• Like 1

Note that the article says that the activists plan to call for an 'early election this year'. Nonsense! Biased journalism. There is nothing 'early' about the November election: it is what Prayut promised the Thai people and even  the President of the United States.

Yet even the November 'election' is several years later than Prayut originally promised. And on and on it will go ...

• Like 2

His attitude to being mocked is the epitomy of how the rich and powerful think. They think they can do no wrong. They think they are literally better than the masses. I called my ex Thai boss out of her BS before I quit my last job. She looked at me like I had just strangled a baby. 

Some foreigners here think it’s endearing that locals won’t criticize their leaders or elders, etc. They actually buy into the whole ‘cultural’ spectacle. As long as there isn’t any real freedom of speech, we have no idea how people really feel. But being a fellow human being, I’m guessing they’re not really big fans of living a life of servitude so the rich and powerful can prosper. I’m sure if you could offer them a deal where if you could take all from the ‘self-revered’ hisos so the masses could have a bit more, they’d bite your hand off. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, yellowboat said:

Good thing he will step down soon.

The sad thing is that if he does nothing after stepping down, he has a seat in what will be a pro-military Senate along with five other NCPO members. The status quo continues.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, JAG said:

You think he will step down soon?

He will stay to the bitter end. He has been working towards getting this power for years, now he has got it he will hang on.

And the longer he hangs on the more bitter the end will be.

Of course he may "step aside". I'm not privy to his intentions  of course but wiser councils suggest that when an inevitable vacancy occurs...

Holding on to the end may expedite the coming of the end...and thats not a bad thing. He is a focal point (like the junta needs another one) for people who are growing tired of the dictatorship.

• Like 1