Annual rain-seeding operations begin

rooster59

Annual rain-seeding operations begin

By The Nation

The government has officially started the annual rain-seeding programme to try to minimise drought, Government Spokesman Lt-General Sansern Kaewkamnerd said on Saturday.

Sansern said the operations began on March 1 and would continue until the end of October.

He said there were seven rain-seeding units based in seven provinces of the five regions: Chiang Mai, Phitsanulok, Khon Kaen, Nakhon Sawan, Kanchanaburi, Chanthaburi and Prachuap Khiri Khan.

He said the units would coordinate with government agencies including the Royal Rainmaking Department, the Meteorological Department, and the Royal Irrigation Department.

Sansern said Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha has been briefed that most reservoirs in the country had enough water for irrigation during the upcoming dry season. But, he said, farmers were advised to be cautious and to avoid planting crops out of the season, such as second-crop rice, that would require a lot of water, because the water reserves might be inadequate during the later part of the season.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30340100

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-03-04

3 minutes ago, Thailand said:

Rain seeding continuing to the end of October?

Running right through the rainy season,seems a bit pointless.

What happened to all that rain last year,water management not up to scratch again?

Never been wetter than down in Prahcuap KhiriKhan  this year and last after the years of 2014-15-16 which were very dry 2017 and  now 2018 have been very wet.

2 hours ago, Cadbury said:

Cloud seeding for the next six months? Whether it makes rain or not is questionable but one thing for certain is that someone at the top end of town would be making a motza out of the sale of the chemicals. Quite possibly a top-of-the-tree civil servant or even a politician/military general perhaps.

For sure raining money for some.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cadbury said:

Cloud seeding for the next six months? Whether it makes rain or not is questionable but one thing for certain is that someone at the top end of town would be making a motza out of the sale of the chemicals. Quite possibly a top-of-the-tree civil servant or even a politician/military general perhaps.

It's  royally approved, no more to say

• Like 2

4 hours ago, gunderhill said:

Cloud seeding has never been statistically proven to work. 

You know who invented rain seeding (according to proven local knowledge) ...? So it MUST work.
Let the aliens say whatever they want --- HERE it works ...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

oh....and it sure will be sure and certain success, I am sure!

I guess, it will rain a lot throughout April to October!

Which proves once again, that rain- seeding works perfectly!

sarcasm off

• Haha 2

In Saudi Arabia, meteorologists will carefully study the weather patterns and then advice the 'powers that be', (we all know who they are don't we) when and where there is a high possibility of rain.

The 'powers that be' then instruct the faithful in that region to go to mosque and make rain prayers

And when it rains, 'Alhamdulillah' see how bountiful Allah is. He hears your prayers. (And weren't we smart!)

I suspect a similar logic applies here as well.

(cynicism switched to off)

• Haha 1

Cloud-seeding, as its name suggests, is a method of dropping crystals into clouds to change the amount of precipitation.

In layman’s terms, you can artificially make it rain when you want it .In 2003, he received a patent by the European Patent Office for his work on the “super-sandwich” cloud seeding technique which he developed during his time researching artificial rainmaking.

The chemicals in the sky will be back, please don't ask why. 

https://vulcanpost.com/590668/king-bhumibol-adulyadej-artificial-rain/

The "secret" is the relative humidity in the air: You need more than 60%, otherwise you can't make it rain.
And now use Google to find out the current humidity at a location of your choice ...
As an example only: Chiang Mai 23%.

Edited by rebo

Wow !

Have they ever thought about proper water management and expanding it for new reservoirs ,  could kill 2 birds with 1 stone , floods and droughts !

Should of been done 8yrs ago :-/ wonder how many years before they come up with it and patent it as a new thai invention ...

3 hours ago, jenny2017 said:

Cloud-seeding, as its name suggests, is a method of dropping crystals into clouds to change the amount of precipitation.

In layman’s terms, you can artificially make it rain when you want it .In 2003, he received a patent by the European Patent Office for his work on the “super-sandwich” cloud seeding technique which he developed during his time researching artificial rainmaking.

The chemicals in the sky will be back, please don't ask why. 

https://vulcanpost.com/590668/king-bhumibol-adulyadej-artificial-rain/

No you can't make it rain when you want it only under certain conditions, you can increase it by a  small percentage but even then its isn't guaranteed.

2 minutes ago, gunderhill said:

No you can't make it rain when you want it only under certain conditions, you can increase it by a  small percentage but even then its isn't guaranteed.

You're right and it's worth to have a look on how many countries are pretending that they can. From the UAE to the States, each country's acting as they've had the idea..

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2016/jan/29/uae-banks-on-rainmakers-to-secure-future-water-supply

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/cloud-seeding-china-snow/

I remember an article a few years back where it was reported that most planes of the Thai fleet somehow crashed. Here's one older article from TVF.

14 hours ago, gunderhill said:

Cloud seeding has never been statistically proven to work. An ecologist at Stanford University says, "I think you can squeeze out a little more snow or rain in some places under some conditions, but that's quite different from a program claiming to reliably increase precipitation."[7]

Claims are made that new technology and research has produced reliable results that make cloud seeding a dependable and affordable water supply practice for many regions.[8] But while practiced widely around the world, the effectiveness of cloud seeding is still a matter of academic debate

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloud_seeding

https://cen.acs.org/articles/94/i22/Does-cloud-seeding-really-work.html

Yes but don't let the facts get in the way of the thing about rain seeding in Thailand has a certain word attached to the project that makes it both untouchable and infallible 

On 04/03/2018 at 6:13 AM, gunderhill said:

Never been wetter than down in Prahcuap KhiriKhan  this year and last after the years of 2014-15-16 which were very dry 2017 and  now 2018 have been very wet.

So the seeding is obviously working then.:sleepy:

10 hours ago, starky said:

Yes but don't let the facts get in the way of the thing about rain seeding in Thailand has a certain word attached to the project that makes it both untouchable and infallible 

Which  I'd already  mentioned, nudge ,wink, doffs  cap etc

14 minutes ago, SABloke said:

So the seeding is obviously working then.:sleepy:

If they were doing it in 2014 -2016 then not from what I saw in my province, driest I've ever  seen it, Id  say we are now back to more  normal rainfall amounts.

3 hours ago, gunderhill said:

If they were doing it in 2014 -2016 then not from what I saw in my province, driest I've ever  seen it, Id  say we are now back to more  normal rainfall amounts.

Nononono, you must be mistaken!

OF COURSE it works every year and it has worked every year, since it was invented in Thailand, to benefit the rest of the world!

:violin:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, DM07 said:

Nononono, you must be mistaken!

OF COURSE it works every year and it has worked every year, since it was invented in Thailand, to benefit the rest of the world!

:violin:

Ah right thanks, still can't  understand why the ground was  like concrete for those 2  years though and that there was no  Moo Baan water for days on end, pipes  broken I guess as  couldn't handle  all that water they'd made??? my imagination I  guess:crazy:

44 minutes ago, gunderhill said:

Ah right thanks, still can't  understand why the ground was  like concrete for those 2  years though and that there was no  Moo Baan water for days on end, pipes  broken I guess as  couldn't handle  all that water they'd made??? my imagination I  guess:crazy:

...you are not good at sarcasm, I see...