Why Im pulling the plug.

keithpa

2 hours ago, Justfine said:

You have no idea. They have weekly specials and people drink with friends.

And $2 for a good beer is better than $2 for a crap Thai beer.

Then there's humdreds of whiskies and wines to choose from.

All the ones trying to justify their miserable existence here and falling flat on their faces.   " cheap beer, cheap young bar girls, wow."

25 minutes ago, keithpa said:

All the ones trying to justify their miserable existence here and falling flat on their faces.   " cheap beer, cheap young bar girls, wow."

I get up well before sunrise each day so, as things are winding down for me, I have to say it's been a thoroughly miserable day for me here in Thailand and I guess I'm looking forward to another thoroughly miserable day tomorrow. I'm not sure how to justify it, but so it goes.

And a saving of $3000 AU  a year in Travel Ins and around $4000 PA in 3 trips back to Oz , PA, to visit friends , which somebody said I dont have, and family.

Edited by keithpa
add

27 minutes ago, keithpa said:

And a saving of $3000 AU  a year in Travel Ins and around $4000 PA in 3 trips back to Oz , PA, to visit friends , which somebody said I dont have, and family.

With your aggressive and hostile attitude, it sounds like you may have the world's first case of pre-PTSD.  Pre-post tramautic stress disorder.   Kind of Back to the Future meets The Shining!

Edited by norrska
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, norrska said:

You are welcome to call it whatever you want, but unfortunately you would be wrong.  The official name of the country is the United States of America. Although citizens of the USA call themselves Americans, they are referred to as "norteamericanos" or even Estadounidenses by the "Americans" who inhabit Latin America.  Of course, the term of endearment, gringo,  is often used as a substitute.  You don't like wiki? No problem, let's visit one of the thousands of other sources, https://www.duolingo.com/comment/3530261/Americano-vs-norteamericano-vs-estadounidense.  As for your  Mexico example, all Mexican official documentation, including passports and government documents  refers to the country as Estados Unidos Mexicanos.  The citizens refer to themselves as Mexicanos.  Teaching moment over.

You know the translation for Estadounidenses is "American", right? As for being called a norteamericano by a South American makes perfect sense from their perspective. Of course they could be referring to a Canadian or Mexican or Costa Rican if they aren't more specific in their description.  Sorry Keithpa. That's it from me. Good luck to you wherever you land.

Edited by lannarebirth
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, lannarebirth said:

You know the translation for Estadounidenses is "American", right? As for being called a norteamericano by a South American makes perfect sense from their perspective. Of course they could be referring to a Canadian or Mexican or Costa Rican if they aren't more specific in their description.  Sorry Keithpa. That's it from me. Good luck to you wherever you land.

Thanks Lannarebirth, I think!

• Like 1

Good luck keithpa. I wish you all the best.

I love Thailand but can easily see when you can reach a point when it's time to leave...I get a little stir-crazy myself after only around 4/5 weeks there!

Wishing you good health, prosperity and fun times with family back home.

Edited by mgthom63
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, keithpa said:

Why would a purported "well off" business guy like you worry about traveling expenses..:stoner:

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, transam said:

How do you know posters here have a miserable existence...?

Just because you have and are bailing doesn't mean we have your problems.

Because they are on wiki everyday looking up definitions

• Like 2