"I bribed immigration 3,000 baht to get into Thailand", says arrested Dutch child abuser

webfact

I am not sure how the software works in Thailand ?

Who writes the logic that finds duration of stay with same passport, or entry and exits etc.

Also have to blame Dutch officials let this guy out from Netherlands. Given at age 70, if he is abusing children, he might have been convicted in the past.

It is also failure of Interpol and other agencies catching the child sex abusers around the world using fake profiles, and deep dig into private groups and networks.

Despite of all checks if he is still doing such crime means, it is a complete failure in our international intelligence network.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Cadbury said:

I have read the entire report; thank you kindly for your suggestion. Allowing for the story about the RTP collecting their envelopes for the new year the statement from the NACC is quite clear. I  repeat it.

"a National Anti-Corruption Commission rule allows civil servants to accept cash or items worth up to Bt3,000 as gifts."

Does not an Immigration Officer come under the classification of a civil servant? If not (in your opinion) then what is he/she?  Does the straw splitting start by defining whether a gift is a bribe or whether a bribe is a gift? And who does the defining?

Did the pedo offer a gift or did the pedo offer a bribe to the immigration officer? Perhaps if the pedo had said he offered the immigration officer a gift without asking for anything in return (nudge, nudge, wink,wink) would that then make it legal according to the NACC. 

All semantics I suppose but the rule is what it says it is.

In Thai justice speak it could mean that bribes of 3,000 baht may not necessarily be deemed bribes.......they can instead be deemed "gifts". Thai justice and law is nothing more than a pigs breakfast.

and how many "gifts" can you accept in one day / week / month from the same source - or doesn't that matter as a gift is a gift.

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Chief of Surin immigration Pol Col Charnchai Chaokasem spoke to Sanook over the phone later and defended the crossing saying that it implemented strict measures that resulted in 56 people on warrants being stopped last year and 27 already in 2018.

Totally irrelevant.

A farang near me paid the immigration at the  same crossing a lot more than 3000 baht to get back in to Thailand after he served time and was deported. He now is illegally hear and pays the police to let him stay.

There must be thousands of people who have paid to get into Thailand and tens of thousands possibly hundreds of thousands who are living hear on dodgy visas. The situation will get worse as the government continues to make it harder to qualify for a visa. The immigration police will have many more customers willing to hand over cash.

The sheer number of pedophile cases being reported is going to result in more grief for every expat as they institute mindless new rules to combat such activity. WHY is Thailand a hub for pedophiles in the first place???
Is there any evidence that Thailand is a hub for paedophiles? Cambodia and the US/Europe have far worse reputations.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Thanks 1

North Koreans walking in Bung Kan area, and picked up by immigration....i just read.(source.English Thai newspaper!)

How did this creature got in? i doubt through a meager 3000 bath........and for the NK 'tourists', how did THEY got into Thailand.................boat!

If drugs find their way into Thailand undetected people are not detected too

5 hours ago, webfact said:

He said that there was no record of Joseph Marie Rienards entering Thailand in Surin

That sounds surprising... :coffee1:

"the person or persons responsible would face internal sanctions and criminal prosecution"

A slap on the wrist and an injunction to offer som tam puu pla-ra to all of the colleagues with the 3000 Baht! :partytime2:

3 hours ago, Jools said:

The sheer number of pedophile cases being reported is going to result in more grief for every expat as they institute mindless new rules to combat such activity. WHY is Thailand a hub for pedophiles in the first place???

the Thai continue to band aid the symptoms, and refuse to cut out the cancerous cause. 

Dont see foreign pedophiles flocking to my country on a tourist visa. 

5 hours ago, robblok said:

Wow so much focus on the corruption of the immigration officials while the bigger problem is that this guy is abusing little boys. Though of course if he had not be able to get into the country he could not have done it in Thailand.

Stupid cheesehead for child abuse, I hope you spend a long time in jail. 

a long time?  3000 bht can make time go verry fast   ......

3 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

Give Thailand a few more decades to catch up...:cheesy:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fingerprint#Antiquity_and_the_medieval_period

" Fingerprints were used as signatures in ancient Babylon in the second millennium BCE.[56] In order to protect against forgery, parties to a legal contract would impress their fingerprints into a clay tablet on which the contract had been written."

They were thousands of years ahead of Europe then, not surprising, there is little that is new under the sun.

5 hours ago, robblok said:

Maybe those are "of the books no questions asked" extensions because i thought they were only 1.900 if you do it yourself and have all the relevant papers. 

Which is the same as crossing at the Cambodian border which should only be 950 baht but then  a visa runner needs to pays both sets of border guards their cut and it goes up to 1,900, if you try to do it yourself you get grief from both ends because you are doing them out of their cut.
If the guards were not earning so much extra from dishonesty maybe decent guards would be there and perverts would be arrested instead of welcomed.

Edited by Gojo62
Addition forgot to write
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, akirasan said:

Interesting..I use that border crossing quite a bit because it's close.  One thing I noticed was that Cambodian Immigration takes fingerprints on entry and exit but Thailand does not. 

Thailand Immigration does 'Facial Recognition'. If you remember whilst doing your annual extension you no longer have to supply 2 photo's with the application form. You now look into a camera linked to a computer which has your picture on. 

6 hours ago, robblok said:

Wow so much focus on the corruption of the immigration officials while the bigger problem is that this guy is abusing little boys. Though of course if he had not be able to get into the country he could not have done it in Thailand.

Stupid cheesehead for child abuse, I hope you spend a long time in jail. 

I read he was arrested. No trial, conviction or sentence, yet there are those that have overlooked this minor part of the criminal justice system. Such self annoited experts.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, rkidlad said:

Well, he's in custody now. Not much anyone can do except wait for him to be sentenced and hopefully imprisoned for a long time. The big issue now is did he really pay to enter? If true, this is a big problem that needs a huge amount of focus. 

Quite! How many other offenders might have gotten through by the same method?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Artisi said:

and how many "gifts" can you accept in one day / week / month from the same source - or doesn't that matter as a gift is a gift.

The NACC doesn't seem to specify a limit. Perhaps one a day; who knows.

I am guessing under the definition even one very big "bribe" can be divided into numerous small "gifts" of 3,000 baht each. 

5 hours ago, Jools said:

It will not reflect especially badly on foreigners because the nature of Thai society is that it has historically tolerated and promoted such activity within itself.......and it continues to do so now.

It is a hub for "visiting" paedophiles because people go to where the action is:

"If you build it they will come" 

Shoeless Joe, W P Kinsella.

What with this Dutch kiddy fiddler bribing a border guard to get in and the gun-toting Swedish drug dealing gang banger turning up at Pattaya police station about 7 years after his 'arrest' to claim his bank account has been pilfered while he was back home in Sweden, it's not really been a stellar start to the week for the RTP at all.

1 minute ago, NanLaew said:

What with this Dutch kiddy fiddler bribing a border guard to get in and the gun-toting Swedish drug dealing gang banger turning up at Pattaya police station about 7 years after his 'arrest' to claim his bank account has been pilfered while he was back home in Sweden, it's not really been a stellar start to the week for the RTP at all.

Prayut will put it right, he is doubling down on corruption except if it has to do with watches, watches are different.