Fugitive Thaksin Shinawatra gets another arrest warrant in telecom excise tax case

webfact

3 minutes ago, Samui Bodoh said:

We all know where this is coming from and we all know why.

If there were a free and fair election between Thaksin and Prayut, Thaksin would win easily. Very easily.

I bet Prayut thinks about this everyday.

Every... single... day.

And, every... single... night.

Indeed.

The frog would stand a better chance in a free and fair election.

1 hour ago, Golden Triangle said:

Why are these morons even bothering themselves with this - No persecution then, or does it make them feel good.

Shakes head in disbelief and moves on to something more interesting.

U still can be tried in absentia whether they do or not up to them

• Like 1

1 hour ago, robblok said:

Just means there are more corrupt Thai officials to send to jail, does not mean that someone who was corrupt should get off free.

So corrupt Thai officials will charge former corrupt officials, with no biases, some slightly ironic about that, be interesting if nothing else!

2 hours ago, The Old Bull said:

If you judge Thai politicians by western standards they are all crooks. What Taksin did and cannot be forgiven for is politicizing the poor.

...politicising the poor... fair comment.

You could also say he used the poor in organized scam. 

Or he took advantage of the poor in an organized scam.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kieran00001 said:

Politicising people is not a crime it is a duty and the poor people in Thailan need to be politicised further, they are largely unrepresented pawns of the rich, the poor need to have a voice as much as anyone, I find your comments unforgivably mean.

Educating the poor about what democracy means and the value of quality democracy and the pillars of democracy and how to wisely use their vote...yes.

Taking advantage of the poor...no.

"...unforgivably mean."  Is that you attempt at comic irony?  Sad!

Edited by scorecard

2 hours ago, robblok said:

The thing is it does not matter if they hate him or not.. if he is guilty of such huge corruption he should never ever be allowed to be voted in and preferably he should be in jail. Popularity does not make people innocent. 

I guess you and i differ about this i feel corrupt criminals should be in jail.. not in government. (goes for the likes of Prawit and others too)

Even though you are loud yellow and proud, Rob you still want to give it to the current crop as well. That's why I like you. 

Hope you are well mate.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Educating the poor about what democracy means and the value of quality democracy and the pillars of democracy and how to wisely use their vote...yes.

Taking advantage of the poor...no.

"...unforgivably mean."  Is that you attempt at comic irony?  Sad!

Their vote reduced infant mortality from 1 in 10 to 1 in 100, it is unfirgivably mean to choose money over lives.

3 hours ago, colinneil said:

WE will show that Thaksin, here is another arrest warrant for you, poor ole Thaksin is quaking in his shoes.:cheesy:

you give me the amount of money this guy and his family has and thailand would be among the very last places in the world i would live or want to live

1 minute ago, Kieran00001 said:

Their vote reduced infant mortality from 1 in 10 to 1 in 100, it is unfirgivably mean to choose money over lives.

Nobody can criticize that fact ever and yes there were some other positives, full marks.

Any yes other past parties did some dirty things and didn't achieve very much at all.

And yes the main past opposition party, right now, are failing more and more to be a viable credible alternative.

But why don't you can a comment specifically about:

"8 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Taking advantage of the poor...no."

6 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Nobody can criticize that fact ever and yes there were some other positives, full marks.

Any yes other past parties did some dirty things and didn't achieve very much at all.

And yes the main past opposition party, right now, are failing more and more to be a viable credible alternative.

But why don't you can a comment specifically about:

"8 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Taking advantage of the poor...no."

I sort of did, he did use the poor to make money, but in my opinion that does not outweigh the benefits he also brought through politicising the poor.

Is this personal?

You bet it is...!!

All the big operators on the Thai telecom market (DTAC, TRUE, AIS) are using revenue sharing concessions today.

Tax avoidance? Yes

Corruption? No

Since everyone here is equal in the eyes of the law:whistling:, we are waiting for arrest warrants for the CEO's of the above companies....

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, JOC said:

Is this personal?

You bet it is...!!

All the big operators on the Thai telecom market (DTAC, TRUE, AIS) are using revenue sharing concessions today.

Tax avoidance? Yes

Corruption? No

Since everyone here is equal in the eyes of the law:whistling:, we are waiting for arrest warrants for the CEO's of the above companies....

At the time, the profit Thaksin made on the sale of his children's shares was done on line (in the share market, which required no capital gains tax to be paid on the transaction). Therefore there was no capital gains tax due or tax due on the sale. Income tax would only be due and payable on profits after the sale monies began to earn monies.

Now as I am not a rocket scientist, maybe a mod could step in here and help with some clarification. I ask this question in line with and in accordance with the rules of the board. I am not trying to blow wind where it shouldn't be blown in. Just said that so I won't be seen as a troublemaker, but someone generally concerned with this topic.

As Joc says above the laws have been changed to allow more revenue be shared by a few, where as the laws in 2006 were again different.

Edited by Chris Lawrence

Its only a rumour (so don't hold me tooo it) but the reason Thaksin is getting away so quick from the authorities' is he has a fast black car (hard to see at night) and a new young driver.

As slick as shark sh*t. I asked someone about the consistency of shark sh*t and he just said its a clear jelly shape, hence his terminology of someone slippery.

28 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

Is he a Robin Hood sort of figure ?

I don't think anyone is in denial that he was an horrendously greedy man, kind of the opposite of Robin Hood despite him also taking off the rich and giving to the poor.

Edited by Kieran00001

11 hours ago, JOC said:

Is this personal?

You bet it is...!!

Tax avoidance? Yes

Corruption? No

How many of those companies used taxpayers funds as a loan to a foreign country to facilitate that country buying his telecommunications system. If the PM or President of your home country did that you would be outraged. The guy was a crook, makes me laugh when I see the people who are always commenting on Thai police corruption, and then supporting the most successful Thai police crook. Crazy world.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Kieran00001 said:

Politicising people is not a crime it is a duty and the poor people in Thailan need to be politicised further, they are largely unrepresented pawns of the rich, the poor need to have a voice as much as anyone, I find your comments unforgivably mean.

I should have been clearer what I meant was that the elites will never forgive him. I agree politicising of the poor is a good thing.

13 hours ago, Chris Lawrence said:

Even though you are loud yellow and proud, Rob you still want to give it to the current crop as well. That's why I like you. 

Hope you are well mate.

Maybe I am yellow, not sure anymore.. i lean more towards them then I lean towards the red. But right now I think they are all crooks. I told you and others many times, i just hate corruption and arrogance.. and guess what PTP had that.. Junta has it.. Suthep certainly has it and some democrats and others too. I just can't stand the B.S they (all governments of all colors) get away with. 

14 hours ago, CGW said:

So corrupt Thai officials will charge former corrupt officials, with no biases, some slightly ironic about that, be interesting if nothing else!

Of course there are biases.. just remember the dirty trick YL tried on Abisith.. letting the DSI go after him so she could have her brothers amnesty. Luckily he did not cave in. Yes its one of the flaws of the Thai system they only go after crimes committed by the side they don't support. 

13 hours ago, Chris Lawrence said:

At the time, the profit Thaksin made on the sale of his children's shares was done on line (in the share market, which required no capital gains tax to be paid on the transaction). Therefore there was no capital gains tax due or tax due on the sale. Income tax would only be due and payable on profits after the sale monies began to earn monies.

Now as I am not a rocket scientist, maybe a mod could step in here and help with some clarification. I ask this question in line with and in accordance with the rules of the board. I am not trying to blow wind where it shouldn't be blown in. Just said that so I won't be seen as a troublemaker, but someone generally concerned with this topic.

As Joc says above the laws have been changed to allow more revenue be shared by a few, where as the laws in 2006 were again different.

I am not sure about this case, i don't know the ins and outs, but there are plenty of other cases coming up to show what a crook he was. So don't worry if one fails plenty more to hold him accountable for. He just bend the rules too much. The loans scandal (where he used his power to approve loans so an other country could buy his shares) and other loan scandals will certainly have more substance. 

16 hours ago, robblok said:

The thing is it does not matter if they hate him or not.. if he is guilty of such huge corruption he should never ever be allowed to be voted in and preferably he should be in jail. Popularity does not make people innocent. 

I guess you and i differ about this i feel corrupt criminals should be in jail.. not in government. (goes for the likes of Prawit and others too)

The day they will start to do something to prosecute one of their lot, they will gain A LITTLE credibility. 

E.g.: Prawit.

Until then, it's just political persecution.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, newcomer71 said:

The day they will start to do something to prosecute one of their lot, they will gain A LITTLE credibility. 

E.g.: Prawit.

Until then, it's just political persecution.

Yes they are hypocrites, but guess what they all do it.. YL handily manipulated the DSI to go after Abisith even though they had no jurisdiction. So what else is new the ones in power going after their political enemies. Its a huge problem, but is still rather have this flawed system then no convictions for corruption at all. (of course i prefer a working system but that has never been the case here)