74 year old uncle wants to buy home with (for?) 47 year old "fiance", what can I do?

25 minutes ago, sirineou said:

I just build a new home in Thailand. it cost about 2 million baht, a litle more than my pickup truck in the US.  

I did not read the whole OP so I might be missing a salient point  but the man is 74 years old, if he is to live to be 84 ( both my parent died to about that age) he has 10 years ahead of him. If he was buying an expensive car, that would be worth litle in ten years would anyone object?Why not let him enjoy these remaining years? build the house with a usecraft agreement, enjoy the companionship of a woman, look forward to the future with anything other than dying alone. .

I thought it would have been obvious that the worry is after he has built a house for her and become fully committed by using all his money, that she tells him it’s over and to leave. Then what is he going to do?

10 minutes ago, ncc1701d said:

I thought it would have been obvious that the worry is after he has built a house for her and become fully committed by using all his money, that she tells him it’s over and to leave. Then what is he going to do?

That is always a concern regardless of age , and even more so with age related reduced capacity, so I guess  If they are more  concerned about the man,  and not their inheritance,they  would need to come to Thailand  meet the woman, and make sure a land lease or similar agreement is setup . 

15 hours ago, sirineou said:

That is always a concern regardless of age , and even more so with age related reduced capacity, so I guess  If they are more  concerned about the man,  and not their inheritance,they  would need to come to Thailand  meet the woman, and make sure a land lease or similar agreement is setup . 

Yeah - glad you’ve caught up

17 hours ago, ncc1701d said:

The flaw with that train of thought is that she may not say it is over and he will stay with her until he dies.

Many Thai/farang marriages do run the full course.

5 hours ago, billd766 said:

The flaw with that train of thought is that she may not say it is over and he will stay with her until he dies.

Many Thai/farang marriages do run the full course.

Yes but that’s not really anything to worry about. That’s a normal marriage. 

16 hours ago, ncc1701d said:

Yes but that’s not really anything to worry about. That’s a normal marriage. 

I am 21 years older than my Thai wife and I have been married to her for 18 years next month.

Quite a few of my farang friends are also married to Thais and have been for 10, 15 or 20 years or more. The age differences range feom 5 to 20 odd years.

They are also normal marriages and of the 30 odd friends only 2 have divorced. That is far better than the average in Thailand or the west.

-

• Like 1

4 hours ago, billd766 said:

I am 21 years older than my Thai wife and I have been married to her for 18 years next month.

Quite a few of my farang friends are also married to Thais and have been for 10, 15 or 20 years or more. The age differences range feom 5 to 20 odd years.

They are also normal marriages and of the 30 odd friends only 2 have divorced. That is far better than the average in Thailand or the west.

-

I’m not sure how this relates to anything in the op problems. The age difference is irrelevant. He doesn’t trust that she’s not going to shaft him as he is putting all his eggs in one basket - not to mention age related memory issues. Anyway. Whatever.

19 hours ago, ncc1701d said:

I’m not sure how this relates to anything in the op problems. The age difference is irrelevant. He doesn’t trust that she’s not going to shaft him as he is putting all his eggs in one basket - not to mention age related memory issues. Anyway. Whatever.

Actually the OP is the nephew and not the 74 year old man in question. It seems as though he has never met the lady concerned and takes what many posters on TVF post as the truth about ALL Thai ladies, which in fact is not true at all.