Video: Fruit seller goes ballistic with Samurai sword at "Thetsakit" officer

webfact

1 minute ago, Jonmarleesco said:

I hadn't realised the BiB were trained to do anything.

You may have a point there...

However I was an observer of two potentially violent situations in Thailand and in both cases I thought the police handled the situation rather well.

I think that we have become "televised" in many ways and expect shootouts when, in actually fact, they rarely occur.Most police get about their business with the minimum of fuss.At the end of the day they just want to get home to their wives and children like everybody else.

p.s.Note to self-give up watching Dirty Harry and Mel Gibson movies...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

Poor Thai woman that has to put up with that guy

That's perhaps why he is as he is. Women can be vicious. 

The guy has problems to stand, high on drugs or drunk like a moddaf....

Edited by jenny2017

33 minutes ago, moe666 said:

With the crack down on vendors in Bangkok I am surprised there haven't been more acts of violence. Alot of peoplehave lost their means of making a living and have not been offered viable ways to make money to support themselves and their families

The frustration the poor people feel against the elite will sooner or later  boil over in acts like this.  

10 hours ago, gunderhill said:

easily  solved with a policeman with a gun and the training to use it, either  that or a taser but in his  case Id  prefer t he gun so he wont  be inclined to repeat this  behaviour.

That said i was in a govt  building the other day and one poor  woman was in there as she had been selling chickens  without  the proper paperwork to sell them in a market, my Wife asked her  how many chickens she sold, FOUR in a whole evening, stupid paperwork for 4  chickens and the woman had come miles to register.

She could have killed loads of people if the chickens were not safe to eat.

I've seen it many times that thai go beserk to a policeman doing his work..also old grandma's. It's time the police shows them who's boss.

The guy probably was going to sell fruit on the sidewalk.

19 hours ago, Genmai said:

But I thought Thailand was constantly promoted as the most Buddhist nation on the planet, filled to the brim with smiling friendly people?

That image is somewhat tarnished these days,

Tourism and modern day life doesn't seem to suit them.

20 hours ago, Jeremy50 said:

Definitely a few grapes short of a bunch this fellow. Leaves a sour taste.

The lights are on but nobody is at home.

The lift is one storey short of the top floor.

Etc., etc.

Constitutes Thai 4.0? :whistling:

• Haha 1

The only thing that surprised me about this story was in the VDO. The pavement was wide and appeared in good repair, there was no rubbish lying around, no hawker stalls obstructed pedestrians, shops have not encroached, no beggars in sight and the power poles only have the wires they need to have rather than a thousand in a messy bundle.

If not for the officer's uniform I'd doubt it was made in LOS.

As for the altercation, I can think of a few reasons why the seller may have got "upset". Seems like his wife saved him from what could have gone badly.