District official fined over ‘furious aunts’ case

webfact

District official fined over ‘furious aunts’ case

By The Nation

01716387fc4696bfa42ac1a72855b098.jpeg

File photo

The director of the Prawet District Office was fined Bt5,000 on Wednesday for his failure to comply with the Central Administrative Court’s 2013 injunction regarding markets operating around the house of Bangkok’s so-called “furious aunts”.

The injunction instructed the director to ease the markets’ adverse impacts on the Saengyoktrakarn Family’s house and uphold standards of hygiene. However, the family said that the impacts persisted after the injunction was issued.

Their woes caught media attention when two of the Saengyoktrakarn sisters attacked a pickup that was parked in front of their house’s gate.

Initial condemnations on their violence quickly transformed into sympathy when it was revealed that the family has endured the adverse effects of “illegal” markets around their houses for many years. 

Thanasit Metphanmuang, who heads the Prawet District, was fined. Bangkok Governor Pol General Aswin Kwanmuang, meanwhile, has escaped penalty in the same case. 

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30340429

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-03-08

2 minutes ago, mercman24 said:

i think they are a little deranged all they had to do was put up a sign saying if you park in front of these gates you will get clamped or towed those gates just seem a kin mess,

Clamping towing threats don't work here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Srikcir said:

Junta appointee.

Well the injunction was issued in 2013 and the 'junta appointee' wasn't appointed until 2016 so I can't really see what point you're trying to make.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, CelticBhoy said:

Beautiful frontage and ornate ironwork on those gates.

I am sure without those awful signs splashed all over them that this house would look splendid.

It's a shame the old gals had to go to all that bother and still be ignored and disrespected.

I hope it goes there way and they get a bit of peace and quiet, but I'm not holding my breathe.

The area was coded as a no market zone but now envelopes are being passed to change that. Hopefully the aunties have enough money and fortitude to fight this and expose those receiving the envelopes. Not that any punishment will follow, it never seems to, but at least it may slow down any future improprieties. 

On 3/8/2018 at 8:50 AM, overherebc said:

Clamping towing threats don't work here.

A fair few motorists who decided to ignore the new, paid parking system at Udon Airport a few months back would not agree. Even the Porche's and Ferrari's got clamped and towed.

3 hours ago, NanLaew said:

A fair few motorists who decided to ignore the new, paid parking system at Udon Airport a few months back would not agree. Even the Porche's and Ferrari's got clamped and towed.

Didn't know that.

Let's hope it's a practice that spreads