Briton dies on bus from Bangkok to Phetchabun

webfact

Briton dies on bus from Bangkok to Phetchabun

By The Nation

4eb0f0e9792bf474b8e17582d04dbcf1-sld.png

A Thai passenger was horrified to discover Thursday night that he had sat for hours next to a dead British passenger on board an air-conditioned bus from Bangkok to Phetchabun.

Michael Richarddeen, 61, was discovered dead in his bus seat at 7.30pm when the Bangkok-Phu Rua bus stopped at a Phet Prasert bus parking point on Saraburi-Lomsak road in Lop Buri’s Chai Badal district.

He was still sitting as if he were sleeping on the right side of the fourth row from the front.

The bus hostess tried to wake him up to have his mid-way supper at the parking point – only to discover that he had died.

A doctor determined that Richarddeen had been dead for more than an hour.

His Thai wife later told police that he had poor health and was travelling to her house in Phetchabun’s Wichien Buri district.

A Thai passenger told police that when the bus reached Saraburi, the Briton shook and he thought the man might be having a nightmare in his sleep.

When the bus reached the parking point, he asked the hostess to change his seat as several had become empty and also told the hostess to wake up the Briton for the meal.

As the hostess reached the Briton, she cried out in shock at her discovery.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30340550

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-03-09
  • Sad 2

Two stupid off topic troll posts and one answer have been removed.

9) You will not post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling. Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

• Like 1

Those long bus journeys are incredibly unhealthy for older people. At least on a plane you can get up and walk around to keep the circulation going and prevent possible cardio problems. The journey could have been done by taking a train to Phitsanulok, and a bus journey of about an hour from there.

5 hours ago, soalbundy said:

knowing those buses as I do he probably died of hypothermia.

I was on a double-decker Bangkok -Phurue bus last month ,got off about an hour after Saraburi ,and I forgot my jumper ,and was it cool, most on board were raped in blankets ,why they have  air con on so high I do not know .

Denim

Like to see that route done in 4.30 hours it took over 2 hours to get Pattananakom, Lopburi, 15 years ago I use to do the same journey by the old orange crush tamadar buses, very rarely over 2 hours .

Back to the topic, my condolences to his family.

• Confused 1

Everyone dies somewhere.  I was on Bui Vien street in Saigon getting a manicure when the girls next door in the hair salon came running out screaming.  An American man getting a  haircut quietly passed away during the trim. Apparently, the girl cutting his hair , initially thought he had fallen asleep and continued cutting until he slid out of the chair. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, djayz said:

I think it's the nicest way to go... nod off and then just pass away in your sleep. No pain, no struggle. 

RIP Mr Richarddeen. 

Yes RIP.

As the old joke goes, 

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my grandfather did – in his sleep. Not yelling and screaming like the passengers in his car." 

Bob Monkhouse (1928 -2003).

• Like 1

22 hours ago, djayz said:

I think it's the nicest way to go... nod off and then just pass away in your sleep. No pain, no struggle. 

RIP Mr Richarddeen. 

It is sad and hopefully he had his affairs in order.