Westerner who claimed memory loss in Thai hospital arrested after it’s revealed he’s a wanted fraudster and thief

webfact

1 hour ago, bsdthai said:

So their is weatern scammers to? Hmm, who'd have known....

Well anybody who is surprised that there are many western scammers, con-artists or whatever in Thailand and the region must be sleeping 24 hours.

You can find them in every nook and cranny, property developers and agents, lawyers, selling stolen cars, folks who check into hotels then abscond without paying and steal the hotel fittings, and a further list as long as your arm.

Friend had a western couple rent a luxury property from him on Jomtien, they cleaned out the furniture and some 4 or 5 air-conditioners, washing machine, fridge, same day they had unhooked all the pool equipment and were in the process of putting it in a pick up when the agent who had rented the property took a prospective renter to a house nearby. Agent checked what was happening and was offered a bribe, but the agent called the cops and asked the western manager of the village complex to come. Thieves were apprehended, nearly everything recovered but damaged, Thieves were deported next day.

Later it was discovered that the western manager of the village was involved plus his western wife had stolen a large amount of funds paid by the house owners for annual village maintenance fees. 

The list goes on.

Given the above it surprises me, regularly, that we see so many complaints that it's difficult to get / renew visas etc. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mentalcolonization said:

Western scammers do the deal inperson , African scammers use the internet  , Asian scammers use the telephone "call centers " American scammers are all the above 5555

And we prefer to do it at gun point! :ph34r:

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Gracas said:

Well on the positive side, at least this scammer put some effort into his scam. I prefer to see this than someone just setting up a "GoFundMe" page to scam people.

At least this guy has proof that he has been arrested and in jail

3 hours ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

Heh...that cops English is pretty good....thanks for the laff

"So It's pretty much bullshit.  Hee hee hee. "   "Right now he is sleeping like a puppy and has no ideal the Cops are going to arrest him."

Priceless soundtrack, and I agree, pretty good conversational standard English.  I'll bet that guy (cop or whatever he is) never learned HIS English from a Polish fraudster in Isaan.   We could perhaps do with a few more of him.   Good work by his previous facebook "friends."   

As for this guy, lock him up and throw away the key for a year or five.  As with all deadbeats like this they should record his biometrics before eventual deportation so they can be held ready, as among the first profiles to go into the system when Thailand necessarily upgrades its immigration system with a modern biometrics feature.   They can then nail these deadbeats when they try to come back in a few years with a new or even their old passport again.  Unlike at the moment when they seem to just   "Walk ring in, and set right down."

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jimbo53 said:

Another Space Cadet judging by the Tattoo..

Like a number of other self proclaimed secret squirrel Ex-Pats  "If I had to tell you what my tattoo means or what we did, I would then have to kill you......... (unless, of course, you are a good listener and paying for the beer.)"

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, scorecard said:

Well anybody who is surprised that there are many western scammers, con-artists or whatever in Thailand and the region must be sleeping 24 hours.

You can find them in every nook and cranny, property developers and agents, lawyers, selling stolen cars, folks who check into hotels then abscond without paying and steal the hotel fittings, and a further list as long as your arm.

Friend had a western couple rent a luxury property from him on Jomtien, they cleaned out the furniture and some 4 or 5 air-conditioners, washing machine, fridge, same day they had unhooked all the pool equipment and were in the process of putting it in a pick up when the agent who had rented the property took a prospective renter to a house nearby. Agent checked what was happening and was offered a bribe, but the agent called the cops and asked the western manager of the village complex to come. Thieves were apprehended, nearly everything recovered but damaged, Thieves were deported next day.

Later it was discovered that the western manager of the village was involved plus his western wife had stolen a large amount of funds paid by the house owners for annual village maintenance fees. 

The list goes on.

Given the above it surprises me, regularly, that we see so many complaints that it's difficult to get / renew visas etc. 

They stand in line to be first to rip off their own countrymen.   It seems a common feature of expat criminals everywhere to rip off their own countrymen first.  Thais are lending money to Thais at 10 to 20% a month;  yes, a month;  all over the world.