Thailand dart board ban goes NATIONWIDE - bars urged to get registered

webfact

21 hours ago, poohy said:

Well thats a blow, i have just come back from the 2 year old twins marriage and fancied a relaxing game of darts.

It seems the lunatics are finally running the asylum:coffee1:

Give it time and each Dart will have to be registered as a weapon. 

I see the Dart board ban as just another conduit for the cops scamming. 

I don't think anybody has mentioned yet but about 15 years ago there was a purge on pool tables by the BIB  

I think the 'registration fee' for a licence was 500 Baht a month, 1000   if you had two tables.  Fortunately the fees didn't last for long. 

Hopefully they wil have a change of heart about the need for dart licences but I doubt it, too many senior officers would lose face if they did.

2 minutes ago, HLover said:

Just jumped on this thread, any mention of the vagina darts being banned?

Asking for a mate, of course.

Hard to believe that a guy like you frequents Vag stocked bars mate  555

• Haha 1

Peter Pan, Alice in Wonderland along with prayut and co obviously got together to dream up this insane law. The government continues to make total idiots of themselves and the laughing stock everywhere. Unfortunately overseas it reflects back on the country.

It always amazes me how a government that has an endemic corruption problem (i.e., amoral from top to bottom) simply wants to crush any form of gambling or <gasp> potential gambling.  They legislate morality and now focus on things that might be gambling It's beyond absurd..  What's next? Nobody can talk anymore because they may make a bet?
"Hey man, I'll give you 2:1 odds that it will rain today."
Yeah, I'll take that for 100 THB.
<sounds of sirens>
"Arrest everyone who talk laew!!! They gamble. Make bet with voice.  Jail for you all."

Next up:  A rhinoceros beetle eradication campaign.  Break out the methionine.
Here in the North we have Thai fighting beetles, and people bet on them. Kill them all!

And chickens.  Kill all the chickens too.  Someone may bet on a fighting chicken!!!

I really wonder how stupid this can get.  That's a rhetorical question. 
Amazing Thailand! :sleep:

Edited by connda
  • Like 2

Officials Swoop In To Seize Unregistered Dartboards

By Teeranai Charuvastra, Staff Reporter

5590014602_4a0edb8282_b-696x520.jpg  

Image: ann-dabney / Flickr

BANGKOK — The national darts association said pubs and sport bars that wish to offer the sport must register their equipment lest they be confiscated by local authorities.

The warning came amid complaints from establishment owners in Pattaya that they are being targeted by officials demanding dart permits. Thailand Dart Association chairman Vichai Govindani said the crackdown is supported by a 83-year-old law that lists darts, bingo and numerous other sports as gambling.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2018/03/13/officials-swoop-in-to-seize-unregistered-dartboards/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2018-03-13
  • Haha 1

Bingo! The scourge of elderly Thais!!!

Wait a minute.  We can't have betting! All that gambling money has to flow though the lottery system so those is charge can rack their share off the top.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, InMyShadow said:
11 hours ago, Donotdisturb said:
3rd world at its best again.

Those of us live here love it. Never ever predictable. Those who came here expecting 1st world are idiots. Only themselves to blame

Lemme guess: u also found 3rd world love here? ?

Getting on towards the top of the hour here at WDUH where the government's words are music to our ears.

We started that last set off with last year's number one, "I Got the Grandma's-on-a-Chain-Gang-for-Playing-Bridge-in-Chonburi-Blues" by the Whistling Pensioneers off of their 2017 collection entitled "Baby...If You Goin Back to Blighty...Just Let Me Know,"

followed by "You Cain't Do It, I Dint Sell You No License" by Colonel I. Gotta Fine Them and the Twistin' It Up Quick Inspectors.

And then we heard from The Naked Unicyclist from off of last year's  "Bustin' Out: Public Yodeler #1" with "R U Gay 'r Sumpthin'? How Could U Arrest a Nude Man?," another fine Pattaya beach sports promotion number that seems to just add to that whole millieu provided by Gladys Beachchairrentals and her Swingin' Contradictory Shoehorns with her "I'm Takin My Funky Burlap Apron Off (I'm Just Tryin to Enjoy My Short Life, That's All, You Gotta Problem With That?)." After that X-Tourism Minister with, "I Like It Hot, I'm Fixin' to Ankle Tracker Me Some Tourists!"

And finally, leading in to the top of the hour, we heard  some country music by Bull's Eye and his latest single from off of the album The Good Talking-Dic 'Tater Ship, with a tune entitled, "I Took Away the Dart Boards in This Town, So Then I  Figgered Youse Must Be The Target."

• Like 1