Tollways Go Toll-Free For 8 Days Next Month

snoop1130

Tollways Go Toll-Free For 8 Days Next Month

By Asaree Thaitrakulpanich, Staff Reporter

highway-696x418.jpg

BANGKOK — Blow through toll booths gratis for over a week during Songkran.

The transport ministry announced Monday that Motorway 7 (Bangkok-Pattaya,) Motorway 9 (Outer Ring Road) and the Burapha Withi Expressway will be free April 11 to April 18.

Full Story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/transpo/2018/03/12/tollways-go-toll-free-for-8-days-next-month/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2018-3-12

11 minutes ago, TonyClifton said:

I was hoping this would be a plan to decrease idling and traffic jams in an effort to decrease the smog in this city.  I was so wrong.

No not necessarily wrong.

People will get out from the city quicker but just to reach the enormous jams to the north and northeast quicker.

And maybe you can enjoy better air in a fairly deserted Bangkok during Songkran.

10 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Blow through toll booths gratis for over a week during Songkran

With concentration on the word BLOW, my dear drivers. Just wondering how many of thoose fine booths that will still stand after this years "Go home as quick as possible infection".
That infection is quite similar to rabies. There is no known cure and it will kill you.

It doesn't make any difference and won't stop people from going back to their hometowns. Only traffic will be smoother at tol booth. Making it longer helps so that people can plan and leave BKK earlier to avoid more congestion when the holiday starts.