The silence of the lamb(s).

swissie

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Years ago I gave mine 500 baht and told her to go home to her village for a while.

The break perhaps did us both good, but she soon began to realize in that environment where her bread was buttered. Recent times we have both got closer and it is rare.... but I just leave her to it if she has a bottom-lip event.

Hide your money and go out and don't come back for 3 days. Then everything will be resolved within minutes, one way or another.

• Like 1

My wife (40, well educated teacher) got moody with me for a few days as I asked her to put the baby to bed at 11.30 pm as I wanted to see something on the TV before bed !

But she usually comes round a day or so later.

Sometimes I wonder if they are like this rather than confront the issues as they still worry about their ex clocking them one before and fear the same.

• Like 1

If my wife does this she is waiting for an apology or for me to try and sweet talk her and show her that I care. Being stubborn I refuse to do this if I did nothing wrong in the first place. So, I wait for her to get over her childish silence and look forward to the make up sex ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, weegee said:

Say nothing, and start packing a suitcase....

I can see the reaction in my head  "Where you go??" she will say with kitchen knife in her hand  - 

Edited by TunnelRat69

My wife doesn't do the silent treatment.  To her credit, that is one area where she has become Westernized.  Arguments are normally short blowups, mutual silence for a short period of time, and either we both drop it, or we talk it out. 

• Like 1

Yes my Thai wife is the same well educated in the Thai manner ie never wrong (ex Teacher) but gets angry quickly, as i do, then argue over something ridiculous, which i forget quickly, she then goes into a sulk that can last for days depending of the strength of our argument, other than that, she's one in a million! 

Edited by maxcorrigan

After a good spat ... three days of silence is my golden rule .... together, we go on about our business without speaking .... it works wonders .... many times, the original spat is never even discussed again.  Usually, with sincere relationships, this works wonders because the cause is some stupid misunderstanding that actually sorts itself in the silence. Insincere relationships will never sort themselves no matter the problem solving approach . . .just sayn 

• Like 1

You van either accept to live with her mindset until you die or chanhe to another one. There are girls that are intelligent and know how to conversate. But yes its a common problem in thailand and thaigirls

• Like 1

My Falang friends and I don't have that experience , in fact the opposite , we are screamed at .  Any attempt to defend ourselves verbally is deemed an argument ; so we have learnt to give wives the silent treatment .  My wife only takes half an hour to an hours to come and apologize , say she's sorry to talk too fast and too loud .  

Mine used to pull that crap.  She went 3 days once.  I ignore it if I am right, I apologize if I am wrong.  She has learned that if don't apologize I never will and she cools off.  The time frame has gone down from 3 days to 1 shower length. 

Screen Shot 2018-03-15 at 12.14.02 PM.png

• Thanks 1