'ENOUGH': U.S. student walkout sends message on gun violence

webfact

13 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Almost impossible to kill the amendment. Don't even try. Just focus on the well regulated part. Strict regulations DO NOT violate the amendment! 

It seems like the very conservative judge declared: Here is Justice Antonin Scalia, .... but that regulation of gun ownership was compatible with the Second Amendment

Seems to state regulation is legal and not against the amendment. So the NRA/backers argument seem deluded.  Am I misunderstanding this? 

Right on "Blue Wave." 

Edited by Scott

12 hours ago, boomerangutang said:

That quote by the NRA rather sums it up, as if to say, "we've got the guns, so guess what's gonna happen if you try to take them away."

leading up to the Opium Wars in China, English traders were bringing opium from India to trade for Chinese goods.  After a decade or so, Chinese (who weren't addicted) at the port cities where opium addiction was rampant, decided to get stern with the British, and told them, "who can bring silver to trade, but no more opium!" 

the Brits said, "ha ha ha, you're people are addicted, that's your fault, not ours.  We're gonna keep on bringing opium as long as your people want it."

As a comparison, the NRA is acting like the Brits, "ha ha ha, America.  We found a way to twist the interpretation of a 230 year old Amendment to the Constitution.  Now gun owners are addicts, and they don't want to give up their guns or ammo.  No types, nada.  Maybe they're addicted, but that's their choice, ha ha ha, America, we've got you by the short & hairies. 

If you even try taking any guns away, we're gonna blow you guys away because we've got more firepower and will be happy to show you it.   You want blood in the streets? Fine. Bring it on, we'll show you blood in the streets.   Oh, and by the way, don't look in to the Russia-NRA connection.  Pay no mind to the millions of dollars going back and forth between us and Russia.  There's nothing there.  If you start looking, you may find some people get mysteriously shot dead."

And the NRA also owns Trump.  He'd feel nothing a/b using force against unarmed Americans to strengthen/keep his base.  

The walkouts are by no means spontaneous or grassroots. They are being fronted and promoted by professional leftist organizers and “non profits”. The likes of terrorist sympathizer Linda Sarsour and no doubt puppet master George Soros.

Unbelievable.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

23 hours ago, riclag said:

Gun violence,police violence, murder,mayhem,rape, drugs,executions,armed robbery,sex trafficking,movie's depicting violence,music depicting hate.suicide, crime, it goes on and on.

How easy it is to blame a piece of metal !  

But nobody talks about morality

Morality???  should - for instance - high-stakes gamblers be allowed to carry guns?

Why men feel the need of carrying guns?

"In Michigan and other places hit hard by the economic downturn, men's guns can address social insecurities far beyond crime."

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-oe-carlson-gun-carry-culture-20150526-story.html

https://www.theguardian.com/science/brain-flapping/2015/oct/07/gun-demanding-control-firearms-psychology

Edited by Opl
  • Thanks 1

On 15/03/2018 at 6:14 PM, riclag said:

Gun violence,police violence, murder,mayhem,rape, drugs,executions,armed robbery,sex trafficking,movie's depicting violence,music depicting hate.suicide, crime, it goes on and on.

How easy it is to blame a piece of metal !  

But nobody talks about morality

We're discussing America; nothing to do with morality!

• Thanks 1

On 3/15/2018 at 9:46 AM, IAMHERE said:

I don't want seventeen year olds writing my Constitution or deciding what rights I should have.

Hear, hear. Students can be shot, but not heard.

How very 'Merican.

Not sure the First Amendment is age-specific?

• Like 2

On 3/15/2018 at 6:41 PM, rgraham said:

Nice view of a few trees, move away a bit and take a long look at the forest. We as US citizens arm ourselves for a reason based on history, based on the reason our ancestors ended up here, and how we have remained free.

Citation needed on the bold bit.

as i recall, the protests by young people in america (albeit mainly college students, not high school) played a significant role in the late 60's with respect to the civil rights movement and the end of the war in vietnam.  that said, i doubt they will be as successful with the gun control agenda.  it is nice to see the minimum age raised to 21 in some cases and some retailers saying they will stop selling certain guns.  but alot more needs to be done before this issue is resolved.  the problem has been well known for at least 20 yrs and very little has been done so far.  i imagine the same will hold true for the next 20 yrs.

as i recall, the protests by young people in america (albeit mainly college students, not high school) played a significant role in the late 60's with respect to the civil rights movement and the end of the war in vietnam.  that said, i doubt they will be as successful with the gun control agenda.  it is nice to see the minimum age raised to 21 in some cases and some retailers saying they will stop selling certain guns.  but alot more needs to be done before this issue is resolved.  the problem has been well known for at least 20 yrs and very little has been done so far.  i imagine the same will hold true for the next 20 yrs.
You're probably right but I'm still going to root for those students that aren't corrupted yet by the usual expectations.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/15/2018 at 8:39 AM, utalkin2me said:

I think they should all just stop going to school altogether. I’m all for the day trip but that’s not going to get anything done. Band together and stop going to school until the change you want is enacted. 

Exactly, don't go back until those SOFT TARGETS are fortified . The same as federal,state and city buildings. The same as Banks,concert halls,sporting events.

The Parkland students (March For Our Lives) agenda. Pretty darned intelligent and sensible! Compare to NRA and caved in to the NRA "trump" and weep!

Our manifesto to fix America's gun laws

We cannot stand idly by as the country continues to be infected by a plague of gun violence that seeps into community after community, and does irreparable damage to the hearts and minds of the American people.

That’s why the Eagle Eye has come together and proposed these following changes to gun policy. We believe federal and state governments must put these in place to ensure that mass shootings and gun violence cease to be a staple of American culture.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/commentisfree/2018/mar/23/parkland-students-manifesto-americas-gun-laws

Edited by Jingthing