Video: Carnage in the making - appalling driving on Thai roads

webfact

Video: Carnage in the making - appalling driving on Thai roads

5pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

Dash cam footage shared to a well know site showed a white pick-up completely take up the lane for oncoming vehicles.

The driver appears to be overtaking but everyone who is coming in their direction is forced off the road by the appalling and selfish driving.

The footage received much adverse comment on the Social Hunter V.ss page.

The incident was recorded on the Roi-Et to Phon Thong Road on Thursday about 11.20am, said Thai Rath.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-03-16

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

Probably someone who thinks they're driving in a right-side drive country and can't figure out why everyone else is crazy and some even playing chicken with him. Oh, yeah they think diagonal yellow stripes indicates a high-speed passing lane.

Edited by MaxYakov
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, smedly said:

OMG!!!!!!!!!! and there seems to be a British Union Jack on the rear of that vehicle

I thought that as well, but it's just not clear enough to be sure. 

• Confused 1

Wow! Still, see it all the time. Complete and utter <deleted>. As for the car following with the dash cam if there was a head on they'd more than likely die too as they'd have zero reaction time. More interested in posting to social media. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wallander4 said:

and not one oncoming driver honked the horn at this maniac Somchai ...

That surprises me as well.

I've seen it many many many times that people drive at night without their lights on. In normal countries everyone would flash their brights to them to indicate the danger but here nobody does anything.

Guess they are too afraid to get killed over flashing/honking.

Another nice side effect of the lawlessness here in LOS.

If pharmaceutical companies ever developed pills against stupidity Thailand is the perfect place to carry out field trials as any minute brain improvement would be easily recognizable in their driving habits 

• Like 1

I have never seen that happen on Thai roads. I mean, on occasion somebody will get caught with unexpected oncoming traffic when overtaking, but not deliberately. This driver stays in the oncoming traffic lane even when he don't have to, for a prolonged period. In my mind, this driver deliberately drives in the oncoming traffic lane, either drunk, high, or having a heated argument with a passenger.

Edited by AlQaholic
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Wallander4 said:

and not one oncoming driver honked the horn at this maniac Somchai ...

Perhaps that's because given the behavior of the driver, others would be afraid of a serious road rage incident if they honked.

I wouldn't blame them for being afraid.

• Like 2

this is the thai road bully at its finest... another tvf member correct me, said this is nothing more than ''road social choherance',and it was up to the other drivers to accomadate this behaviour''....I don't think the other member drives much on these roads...its war out there..

Edited by mok199
speliing
  • Like 1