Former FBI No.2 McCabe fired; claims he is being targeted

rooster59

1 hour ago, Thakkar said:

Mueller: Republican 

Comey: Republican

McCabe: Republican

Rosenstein, whom all three answer to: Republican

Where have you been for three years! Some republicans despise PT .

Lets see Comey and Mc for sure.While Mueller was debatable,now suspicious because of his  very close ties with Comey .Rosentein is the straw man.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, riclag said:

Where have you been for three years! Some republicans despise PT .

Lets see Comey and Mc for sure.While Mueller was debatable,now suspicious because of his  very close ties with Comey .Rosentein is the straw man.

Somebody claims they're all democrats, claim easily refuted. 

You use that reply for your usual Trump defense, but the comments had nothing to do with your hero.

On top of that, your claim is nonsense. They are all professionals, rosenstein the possible exception.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

Still not clear to you that the biggest trash is in the WH?

And in the house intelligence committee leadership. The WH lapdogs. Yes Nunes talking about you 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Somebody claims they're all democrats, claim easily refuted. 

You use that reply for your usual Trump defense, but the comments had nothing to do with your hero.

On top of that, your claim is nonsense. They are all professionals, rosenstein the possible exception.

Sorry for the first part.But since when are professionals totally, undeniably, exclusive from lying  ,misleading and criminal acts? Oh another thing he isn't my hero!!! He is simply the messenger of the message. Keep America Great!

Edited by riclag
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Thakkar said:

Trump is a vindictive, acrimonious, petty, reactionary, puerile, rancorous, spiteful, grudge-holding, malignant, immature, sadistic asshat mean-girl-type little man.

Bit harsh.

Harsh, but fair....

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mansell said:

And Trump celebrating the man probably losing his pension after twenty years.....what a nasty little petty excuse for a man. The quicker this so called president is gone is good for the country to get back on track. What a PIG.

As a non-american i would say, if your assumption is true, let him stay a while longer. And that FBI loser can always join the ENRON club and cry/dream about their lost pension ... which he don't need btw ...

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

20 hours ago, rooster59 said:

McCabe's dismissal came two days before his 50th birthday, when he would have been eligible to retire from the Federal Bureau of Investigation with his full pension. The firing - which comes nine months after Trump fired Comey - puts McCabe's pension in jeopardy.

20 hours ago, rooster59 said:

He called for me to be stripped of my pension after more than 20 years of service.

the first quote above comes from the author of the OP.  the second quote comes from the OP but is McCabe's memo.

i've read on other sources that the pension issue is that he will not be able to draw it at age 50.  he'll have to wait until a later age (i think it was between 57 and 60, depending on certain factors).  i understand that the words 'jeopardy' and 'stripped' can apply to this scenario but they could also be construed to mean he loses his entire pension and is never able to draw a penny.  which is not the case.  losing 10 years of your pension is a big deal, not trying to minimize that either.  but i haven't seen many reports in the media mention that he is still eligible for a pension.  which is true.

7 minutes ago, Thakkar said:

The other (more insidious) reason for the firing and making of a big hoopla of it is to discredit (at least in the eyes of his supporters) a potential witness in a future obstruction of justice case against Trump.

I don't doubt they may have tried to discredit a potential witness by firing him, but that's not going to fly. His credibility will be established...or not, by the contents of the IG report. If there's no "there" there it's going to come off as a pretty obvious case of obstruction. So, I'm thinking there's probably something in there. Either that or we are witnessing the death throes of this presidency.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, buick said:

the first quote above comes from the author of the OP.  the second quote comes from the OP but is McCabe's memo.

i've read on other sources that the pension issue is that he will not be able to draw it at age 50.  he'll have to wait until a later age (i think it was between 57 and 60, depending on certain factors).  i understand that the words 'jeopardy' and 'stripped' can apply to this scenario but they could also be construed to mean he loses his entire pension and is never able to draw a penny.  which is not the case.  losing 10 years of your pension is a big deal, not trying to minimize that either.  but i haven't seen many reports in the media mention that he is still eligible for a pension.  which is true.

I'm not sure why federal employees or even non disabled military members can draw a pension at such a young age. I've known Army veterans who started drawing lifelong pensions at 38 years of age. I'm not disputing they deserve a pension, but why wouldn't that pension kick in at a much older age, say 60 or 65. They should be given some kind of severance, say 6 months pay till they land their next situation but their pension shouldn't be payable till much later IMO.