EDITORIAL: Here in the land of the stupid

webfact

This worm said what was on his mind. He acted as the King of Khon Kaen, and was discovered to be behaving like nearly all Thai politicians behave. With insufferable arrogance, an offensive smugness, and hostility toward the people who are responsible for generating his massive personal fortune. He is a corrupt man, as is the case with all officials at this level, and he is a worm and a toad. 

The leaked letter with the insulting language has been strongly criticised on social media for its “aristocratic mentality” with government officials seeing citizens as dumb. “I didn’t read through the letter. I just signed it because it was just an invitation for the second meeting,” Suchai said at a press conference yesterday. He said as soon as he had found out the invitation contained “inappropriate words”, he had ordered the correction. “I am really sorry,” he said. “I would like to apologise to people who feel uncomfortable about those inappropriate words.” Suchai added that he definitely did not look down on Khon Kaen people, because his family had settled in the northeastern province. “I was born in the Northeast too,” he added. 

Of course he read the letter. He agreed with that was said, no doubt. Now he is outed for his ridiculous behavior, and being held to account for his stupid letter. Deny. Obfuscate. Deflect. I did not do it! It was not me. It was my people! He lost face. And what do many Thai people do when they lose face? What are my personal feelings about face and the reactions, when there is a loss of face?

Face is no doubt, the greatest form of weakness, a human can engage in. Many will say it is societal, cultural, etc. No matter. It is the absolute and complete lack of the ability to introspect, and look within for the source of any problem, shortcoming, conflict, or issue. It is the polar opposite of spirituality, and therefore an absolute scourge on Buddha, and all of the precepts he taught. By practicing face, you are denying your spiritual heritage. You are refusing to man up. To take responsibility for your actions. If a man or a woman cannot, and will not take responsibility for their actions, the problems they create, the mistakes they make, and the issues they involve themselves in, what are they? Are they still an adult? Are they a complete individual, if they allow themselves to be limited by such infinitely small social convention? 

Who cares what people think of you? For those of us with high self esteem, it just does not matter. Sure, close friends and family. But strangers on the street? Who gives a rat's butt about this? It means nothing what they think, nor what they say about you. They count for nothing. They are just people, and people you do not know, nor will ever see again. Face is rife with self doubt, and by subscribing to this weakness, and man or woman is made a far lesser person. For those of us with high self esteem, we know who we are. What others think, what society thinks, what a guy or gal thinks, means less than zero.

Real men or women, simply own a situation, and take responsibility for their errors or mistakes. Small men, social deviants, or emotional adolescents deflect, obfuscate, attempt to confuse, and do everything in their power to deny that they made a mistake, or that they are responsible in any way, or on any level. They make up narratives about fake news, or alternative facts. Anything to avoid looking within, for the source of the problem. Anything.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

Oh really?  off topic but deserves a response:

he wrote 33 books comprising 58 volumes, a Fellow of the Royal Society,  Prime Minister +++  not bad for someone 'not that brilliant'.

So did Barbara cartland 

The article is quoted as saying: "We have seen this attitude in Prime Minister Prayut, as well, when he claims the military and civil service know best what the country needs. The implication is that elections are unnecessary, since the electorate can make foolish choices. If they are to vote, he tells us, vote for “good people” like him. Unless the elite and the government stop thinking they are better and smarter than other citizens, we’ll keep catching glimpses of insulting documents like the Khon Kaen invitation".

Very good editorial indeed. The truth is, the public is far smarter than any politician, army, or police officer working today, within Thailand. The standards for these people are so low, that intelligence is rarely a quality required for the job. Arrogance is. So, there will be a natural tendency to think they are smarter than everyone else. It is a beautiful thing, when one of them is outed for saying so!

I say to the government officials, and especially the two fools at the top, Little P., and Prawit the Nitwit, get out. Leave now. Resign. You are not liked, you are not respected, and you are not wanted by your people. They did not vote for you. They do not want you. Get out. Get out. Get out now!

Of course, they want to collect few billion dollars more, before they leave. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

I say to the government officials, and especially the two fools at the top, Little P., and Prawit the Nitwit, get out. Leave now. Resign. You are not liked, you are not respected, and you are not wanted by your people. They did not vote for you. They do not want you. Get out. Get out. Get out now!

I agree with you sm007; 100%.

How many of us on TVForum would have to shout at the same time for them (anyone even) to hear?

Thai people; get off your knees.

Edited by owl sees all

Just now, yuiop said:

In my short experience, yep, I'm afraid they are. Sadly.

But, this is their Land, we have NO right to complain or change things.

Take it or leave it.

jm2c

I think referring to over 60 million people as stupid, is...well... stupid. Western superiority complex.

Just now, spidermike007 said:

The article is quoted as saying: "We have seen this attitude in Prime Minister Prayut, as well, when he claims the military and civil service know best what the country needs. The implication is that elections are unnecessary, since the electorate can make foolish choices. If they are to vote, he tells us, vote for “good people” like him. Unless the elite and the government stop thinking they are better and smarter than other citizens, we’ll keep catching glimpses of insulting documents like the Khon Kaen invitation".

Very good editorial indeed. The truth is, the public is far smarter than any politician, army, or police officer working today, within Thailand. The standards for these people are so low, that intelligence is rarely a quality required for the job. Arrogance is. So, there will be a natural tendency to think they are smarter than everyone else. It is a beautiful thing, when one of them is outed for saying so!

Of course, they want to collect few billion dollars more, before they leave. 

To be a member of the current "government" stupidity is a prerequisite.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, TKDfella said:

Why speak of Home countries? That simply doesn't apply in this case. Thailand has a class system from its religious foundation to the Head of Family when decisions have to be made. It is no secret! Whether I, or any other expat, likes it or not, is totally irrelevant and and I don't think about comparing what exists in my home country and what is here. What I see as important in this case is that saying he didn't read the letter but just signed it (like those apparently in the 'ranks') makes him look more stupid than anyone and it should result in his suspension. How many other letters has he signed without reading first? He has shown himself to negligent at his job.

If a person does not believe that a class system exists in your home country (I am from the USA), you are naïve beyond. Class systems exist in all western countries and all Asian countries, and all countries period. Wake up and smell the coffee.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Ahab said:

If a person does not believe that a class system exists in your home country (I am from the USA), you are naïve beyond. Class systems exist in all western countries and all Asian countries, and all countries period. Wake up and smell the coffee.

What ARE you on about? I wrote nothing to indicate what I thought about in my home country (let alone others) one way or the other. The OP is ABOUT Thailand so you ought to stay on topic and not rant about the rest of the world. If you want to do that then by all means, but on the appropriate thread eh?

On Tue Mar 20 2018 at 12:27 PM, Justfine said:

Thais have more rights at home and abroad.

Yet farangs call Thais stupid. Rather ironic.

i can leave and go any where so can you, many thais cant.

i geuss that makes me stupid and to be fair you to..

rights lol haha i can vote in my countries election from here thais cant even vote from their local village, yeah makes me incredibly stupid and to be fair you to...

im not sure but the irony is kinda just sorta getting to stupid level right about now, let me check the time on one of my hard earned borrowed from dead people allowed to blatantly pilfer state funds expensive as 25 watches,

youll never geuss?

time say

stupid o'clock.

On 3/20/2018 at 8:01 AM, Get Real said:

Yep, especially if they are led by a donkey. :cheesy:

I really wonder if the 'donkey' is a wolf in donkey clothing (leading the sheep to 'slaughter')?

The normal machinations of a feudal society at work in the kingdom.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, lvr181 said:

I really wonder if the 'donkey' is a wolf in donkey clothing (leading the sheep to 'slaughter')?

The normal machinations of a feudal society at work in the kingdom.

Its like a real time history lesson...

Great! school trips to thailand, its like medieval europe, just a lot warmer. 5555

• Haha 1