Songkran banned for drunkenness!......in this part of Thailand at least!

webfact

9 minutes ago, Dmaxdan said:

How are the police and military going to enforce this? Threaten everyone with water pistols.

This worked quite well in 2010:

320px-IWI-Tavor-TAR-21w1.jpg

Tavor TAR-21, Israeli quality product, well fitted for urban/street fighting.

Part of RTA weaponry.

MP uses to show up with pump guns at rural morlam concerts where drunk fighting and even shootouts are the norm. Seen twice on my own.

Edited by KhunBENQ

Ahhhh, happiness to the people.  Governments banning activities that the populace want to engage in.  Ain't that the way of the world, especially in those countries where the governments proclaim they wield power for the benefits of the plebs, commoners, and the little people.  :clap2:

• Like 1

On 20.3.2018 at 3:51 PM, Dmaxdan said:

How are the police and military going to enforce this? Threaten everyone with water pistols.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Funny idea. But in reality they are quiet able to do this. I lived on the upper part of (Liab) Klong Thawee Watthana for the last decade, they started to close it down for Songkran festivities some years ago, even before the military took over. Check points at all access points, roads and bridges. Has nothing to do with accidents though, it's more about influential persons living there (no, not me, i moved).

7 hours ago, connda said:

Ahhhh, happiness to the people.  Governments banning activities that the populace want to engage in.  Ain't that the way of the world, especially in those countries where the governments proclaim they wield power for the benefits of the plebs, commoners, and the little people.  :clap2:

Not all the populace want to participate in water fights though , its just a minority of people who never grew up, that want to play water fights