Despicable foreign tourist! Why a Thai's eyes almost "popped out of their sockets"!

snoop1130

10 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The woman was posing for her boyfriend and playing with her phone

That´s todays way to make a modern and beautiful picture. By all means, do not look into the camera.

10 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

My eyes just about popped out of their sockets when I saw this

We all know why that was happening, don´t we? What a sexist thing to say. Almost can call that a verbal rape.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mark01 said:

Thai moral police at it again.

While culturally insensitive, there's bigger issues to get on your high horses about in the land of false smiles.

ooooh! "land of false smiles!"

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

And as the poster pointed out: Even if the miscreant had not seen a sign, how could she do such a disgraceful thing?

Simply that the shrine does not have the significance to her that it has to locals. They seem quick to condemn the actions of those with child like ignorance, but their own actions are ignored.

The woman has shown no respect, to whine about it on social media serves little purpose, perhaps action at the time would have been more appropriate. Or simply stop using the holiest site as a money making tourist trap!

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well, while many would see sitting or putting feet on a Buddha or similar image as wrong, this was a WALL for goodness sake!

Which parts of the site are holy anyway?  What about the paving, people put their feet on that all the time - or is that allowed?  :passifier:

In the local Wat my TG goes to, there's a line of seated Buddha's, in the shade under a stone walkway, with a ledge a metre or so behind them.  I often sit there for a nice, quiet, cool(ish) reprieve from the busy streets.  Monks nod & smile, not one has yet said no sitting.  OK, it isn't decorated like the one in the photo, but it's still in a Wat.  Where is the line drawn?

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Henrik Andersen said:

Another tourists there don't respect anything properly from Russia because there are signs where that say the rules in thai and English 

Don't comment if you don't know. It could be anybody, There are too many stupid

Foreigners around, I see it every day in Phuket.

• Thanks 1