Legacy of coup must be aborted after election, say leading politicians

webfact

On ‎23‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 9:56 AM, baboon said:

Why else are the junta stalling and stalling in the face of public contempt?

Well said. Remember this clip from the movie 'I robot'?

I don't need to answer the question and glad I don't have to because the last thing I want is to be 44'd but nevertheless... that is the right question.

5 hours ago, Kimber said:

Disagree,  I believe the Man would react positively for the opportunity to stamp his authority on Thai affairs.   

Many of my Thai friends are hopeful it can happen. 

He is there because the junta allow him to be there. It is one of the reasons they needed to be in power...

• Like 2

Some posts and replies containing references the King have been removed as per the following:

1) You will not express disrespect of the King of Thailand or any one member of the Thai royal family, whether living or deceased, nor to criticize the monarchy as an institution.

By law, the Thai Royal Family are above politics. Speculation, comments and discussion of either a political or personal nature are not allowed when discussing HM The King or the Royal family.

To breach these rules may result in immediate ban.

Linking to external sites which break these rules will be treated as if you yourself posted them.

On ‎23‎-‎3‎-‎2018 at 10:56 AM, baboon said:

You are correct. HOWEVER...

Once an election is held, then a process can begin to dismantle the junta's handywork on legitimacy grounds. The constitution? Sure, it was voted for but look at the circumstances surrounding that vote - no criticism allowed, the threat of anything Prayuth wanted being imposed instead, the lies about an election then being allowed to proceed... 'No, of course you are under no obligation to vote for it, but God help you if you don't.'

Likewise the Senate appointees. Appointed by treasonous Generals. No legitimacy there either. 

I am not saying change will be a doddle, but there is plenty of scope legally and morally to undo ther efforts. Why else are the junta stalling and stalling in the face of public contempt?

I fail to see how they can start the process of dismanteling the junta's handywork, they would need at least half of the 250 senators for that, so the chances are any amendment towards this goal to not pass the senate.. Furthtermore there is the 20 year roadmap, with all of those rivers to bypass. I wish any government good luck with trying to make the system more democratic. And IF they do find a loophole, there might be a big chance the tanks are back on the Streets. 

On ‎24‎-‎3‎-‎2018 at 2:29 AM, scorecard said:

"Sudarat, potentially the next leader of Pheu Thai Party, pledged to push for a referendum to amend all problematic clauses in the Constitution to eliminate the mechanisms trapping future governments, while leaving sections regarding the monarchy."

Then she said where's the clause that we can tinker with to allow automatic amnesties?

Oh my god, good old scorecard, what about the Mother of all amnesties that the NCPO members enjoy ? I suppose that is allright, because none of them are named Shinawatra. 

Edited by sjaak327
  • Like 2

Oh my god, good old scorecard, what about the Mother of all amnesties that the NCPO members enjoy ? I suppose that is allright, because none of them are named Shinawatra. 

He is so blinded by prejudice that he probably doesn’t even grasp the massive hypocrisy of his statement.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Like 1