Whats wrong with you foreigners

1 minute ago, Justfine said:

Talking with real life people in person is more important.

You are right, but that had nothing to do with your out of topic comment that I quoted. Anyway, nice to read that your back on track. :thumbsup:

9 minutes ago, AYJAYDEE said:

for the same reason motorcycle riders wave at each other on the highway in western nations, they are sharing a common experience that is not shared by the majority.

Indeed.  Jeeps too.  Real ones, not the Wranglers.  :biggrin:

3 hours ago, AYJAYDEE said:

for the same reason motorcycle riders wave at each other on the highway in western nations, they are sharing a common experience that is not shared by the majority.

Unless they are gods riding Hardly Movingsons in which case they blank you or scoul at you for having the temerity to be over familiar.

Wave riders .....know thy place.

Edited by Denim

If a hottie cutie busty suddenly says "hi" to me in the mall or at any casual public non hooker public space....believe me, I will go out of my way to "hi" her back and forth later, if it works out !! :crazy:

Edited by observer90210
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

If a hottie cutie busty suddenly says "hi" to me in the mall or at any casual public non hooker public space....believe me, I will go out of my way to "hi" her back and forth later, if it works out !! :crazy:

First I would like to say, that you have very high demands. it must be a cutie non bargirl that has big maraccas and she have to greet you with a "hi" in a public space. Wow! Only that gave me great chills down the spine! :cheesy:

However, wouldn´t you think that a polite "Hi" back would be suitable? And how do you "hi" her back and forth? She will surely get tired of you repeating yourself so much. :cheesy:

14 minutes ago, Get Real said:

First I would like to say, that you have very high demands. it must be a cutie non bargirl that has big maraccas and she have to greet you with a "hi" in a public space. Wow! Only that gave me great chills down the spine! :cheesy:

However, wouldn´t you think that a polite "Hi" back would be suitable? And how do you "hi" her back and forth? She will surely get tired of you repeating yourself so much. :cheesy:

Of course I will "hi" her back and even "hi" her from the front later,  if I am on a lucky day !! :cheesy:...and obviously, before would need to chat her up with the usual rubbish that can work,  if the gal likes you  of course !!...:crazy::whistling:

But to make it a bit more clear, I was not refering to the situation as a standard requirement....was refering to it in the sense that "if" such a situation  did present itself to me, I would respond and not plainly look away, as suggested by some before on the issue of responding to strangers in public. :thumbsup:....Have a nice evening.

Edited by observer90210
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

Of course I will "hi" her back and even "hi" her from the front later,  if I am on a lucky day !! ...and obviously, before would need to chat her up with the usual rubbish that can work,  if the gal likes you  of course !But to make it a bit more clear, I was not refering to the situation as a standard requirement....was refering to it in the sense that "if" such a situation  did present itself to me, I would respond and not plainly look away, as suggested by some before on the issue of responding to strangers in public. ....Have a nice evening.

How many times has that situation actually happened to you though ?

And considering the existence of farangs who boot lick to try to upgrade their status in Thai society,  by snitching or sneaking on their co-farangs [i.e.visa overstayers]....one can perhaps understand some extent of reserve in the interactions between farang to another stranger farang.

Edited by observer90210

6 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

And considering the existence of farangs who boot lick to try to upgrade their status in Thai society,  by snitching or sneaking on their co-farangs [i.e.visa overstayers]....one can perhaps understand some extent of reserve in the interactions between farang to another stranger farang.

I dont not care about your Visa and whether you may be on an overstay , I just simply do not want to say hello to you in Tescos

9 minutes ago, sanemax said:

I dont not care about your Visa and whether you may be on an overstay , I just simply do not want to say hello to you in Tescos

Even if I am accompanied by 3 young busty hottie grocery helpers, pushing my caddie ? :giggle:

Edited by observer90210

Foreigners feel the need to talk to other foreigners in Thailand because they are fed up with trying to have a  conversation with their Thai partner. 

"Yes We go, we eat, we sleep. no have , can not , no good , money now , go atm, me tired go sleep , no sex  ". 

Edited by balo
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, balo said:

Foreigners feel the need to talk to other foreigners in Thailand because they are fed up with trying to have a  conversation with their Thai partner. 

"Yes We go, we eat, we sleep. no have , can not , no good , money now , go atm, me tired go sleep , no sex  ". 

And what do you feel is the 'Thai partners' contribution to the conversation with this inebriated Bangkok/Pattaya farang? ?

Edited by 473geo

1 hour ago, balo said:

Learn Thai then or leave.

8 minutes ago, Justfine said:

Learn Thai then or leave.

? Do they speak about anything else in Thai? 

Edit note

what chief say yesterday, weather, soon season mushroom, neighbour angry

Edited by Hummin
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Hummin said:

Do they speak about anything else in Thai? 

There is a reason why there are no world famous authors from Thailand.

But I am sure intellectual discussions do exist here outside the food category. :jap:

Edited by balo

25 minutes ago, balo said:

But I am sure intellectual discussions do exist here outside the food category. :jap:

Everytime I give grandma som money, she give me a 5 minute speak about lucky life everytime, so it is the longest speaches I have from another thai here in Thailand!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, balo said:

Because most foreigners can't read Thai.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Justfine said:

Because most foreigners can't read Thai.

Most 'novels' in Thai are comic books.

Plenty on the shelf at Tesco/7-11/Big C.

But you wouldn't know because you can't read Thai either.

31 minutes ago, MaeJoMTB said:

Most 'novels' in Thai are comic books.

Plenty on the shelf at Tesco/7-11/Big C.

But you wouldn't know because you can't read Thai either.

yeah,  all the best novels and poetry is sold in 7-11 and tesco in most countries!! ????

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, AYJAYDEE said:

yeah,  all the best novels and poetry is sold in 7-11 and tesco in most countries!! ????

Most books are sold by Amazon as e-novels or downloaded from other sources.

Bookshops are a thing of the past.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MaeJoMTB said:

Most books are sold by Amazon as e-novels or downloaded from other sources.

Bookshops are a thing of the past.

who mentioned bookshops? but since you did, folks that read novels and poetry collections  of slightly higher quality than what youre used to at 7-11 still like the feel of a real book.

Edited by AYJAYDEE

Just now, MaeJoMTB said:

I think I'll just add you to my ignore list, you're too tedious to bother with.

I would if I were you. It's always so embarrassing when someone catches you up like that isnt it?? lol

• Haha 1