Hornby train sets

SWEYNE67

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I have never, ever seen a Hornby train set for sale anywhere in LOS, nor any other brand either. It's just not a Thai thing. Even plastic model kits are hard to find.

You could probably buy one on line.

If it's for a gift, RC cars are easily found.

I couldn't find any Hornby stuff on Lazada but Ebay has some. Silly money though.

• Thanks 1

Chinatown.  I remember seeing train sets, models and classic toys in Chinatown a few years ago.  It was in the area where they sell the 'replica' guns - not too far from the river jetty.  Sorry I can't be more help - it was a few years ago, but tucked behind the main shops, was a group of shops selling models, toys and other collectable stuff. 

I guess Central Chidlom toy department may also be worth a look - as it's the biggest toy department I've seen in BKK?

Used to be a shop selling them on Saphan Lek - history now, and prices were quite high. Another place I recall seeing them is in the Siam Paragon department store toys section (but been at least a couple of years ago) - don't know if it was a permanent item or just a temp showcasing.

There's a Thai restaurant, Rot Sabieng (or Rosabieng, whatever) - which true to the name sports a collection of train models as decorations. Food ain't half bed either (at both branches, though I prefer the Samsen one).

• Thanks 1

I have a never used boxed set for sale.  It was sent here as a present and cost an absolute bomb in taxes.  It took so long to get it released that we gave a different present in the end.  It was sent from a grandparent to grandchild.

Anyway it is for sale if anyone wants it, it's never even been unpacked.

It is Virgin Trains, Pendolino.  There is track, controller, 4 carriages in total, including locomotive.

If anyone wants it send me a PM with your offer.  First decent offer gets it, pay the $ into our bank account and i will send EMS.  Only for people inside Thailand though.

I can email pics to anyone serious.

Great present for a child, or even for Adult who like trains.  I've been meaning to put an advert up on baht and sold, just never got round to it.

I have a never used boxed set for sale.  It was sent here as a present and cost an absolute bomb in taxes.  It took so long to get it released that we gave a different present in the end.  It was sent from a grandparent to grandchild.

Anyway it is for sale if anyone wants it, it's never even been unpacked.

It is Virgin Trains, Pendolino.  There is track, controller, 4 carriages in total, including locomotive.

If anyone wants it send me a PM with your offer.  First decent offer gets it, pay the $ into our bank account and i will send EMS.  Only for people inside Thailand though.

I can email pics to anyone serious.

Great present for a child, or even for Adult who like trains.  I've been meaning to put an advert up on baht and sold, just never got round to it.
Dude why not just tell us the price. What's the big secret?

6 hours ago, hornby said:

around 200 quid, no idea thai cost, a lot I should imagine.  I didn't pay for it.  I don't have set price.  Just first decent offer

You live in Thailand I assume you are from the UK and you don't know how many baht 200 quid is?

• Confused 1