Foreigner hangs himself, burns house down next to final message to wife: "You have stolen everything from me"

webfact

6 hours ago, smew said:

Sad, very sad, 40’s is young as he was and could’ve begun all over again. Yes, these women here are merciless and their families demand and demand without an end. RIP

If the statement is correct that he had children from a previous relationship, then one can connect the dots.

13 minutes ago, The Deerhunter said:

Yes rubbish.  There are exploitative families and wives here like everywhere on earth, particularly including "back home" where the divorce laws in most countries favour the wives.  There are grasping families here but they are by no means a given. As long as your wife and her parents are "good-heart" towards you, you can ignore the odd ignorant annoying neighbour or distant relative.  However at risk of upsetting some folk, your chance of being ripped off vary immensely on how you met your wife, and what her job was at the time you met.  You wouldn't marry a hooker back home, and yes there are hookers with good heart, but perhaps fewer than if you mix with office workers & professionals etc.   (Yes;  and we all know that good girls are hard to meet if you are a tourist who went direct from Swampy to Pattaya.) 

It's not rocket science, you know!

Knew plenty of strippers and part time hookers back home.

They were just "normal" people too, some with proper relationships.

And generally more honest, trustworthy and a helluva lot more fun than "office workers and professionals etc"...

Sad for this guy, I do wonder if he really committed suicide.

I decided to stop posting on these forums because of the scum that were posting here. So after a break I come back to find it still is as it is. e.g. The Deer Hunter

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, geriatrickid said:

He's dead. Fast enough for you?  And no, self restraints are not unusual for suicides.

The karma is meant for those who caused him so much torment

Is your assumption of me fast enough for you?

Nevertheless I meant no disrespect to someone whose life had to end in such manner and yes the handcuff issue isn’t really that important but I guess you felt offended by its mention over and over from previous posts.

Edited by smileydude

7 hours ago, Straight8 said:

Until she told him she wants her name on the deeds or she leaves.

Ultimatums - isn't that how these leeches get there way, one way or another??

if you don't have a set &a brain that actually works, not just in Thailand but anywhere in this world, you'll surely get raped & pillaged through your wallet and bank account.

Without her he would have been better off..she looses now a house cars and her Face big time

11 hours ago, ajarnmarc said:

My girlfriend since 2005, who I have two children with, has apparently decided to do something very similar to me.

We have a business we made together, yet the paperwork is in her name, since the company isn't a Ltd. just private owner business.

We bought a truck together, where I paid the initial deposit of 150,000 bht, and thereafter we paid the monthly payments together, yet when the truck was finally paid off in 2014, the misses waited just two months to go about taking out a private loan for 500,000 bht from a loan agency in 2015.

I never knew a loan had be placed against the truck, I believed it was paid off, until October of 2017, when the loan agency came to retrieve the truck. 

Loan agency informed me that most of the payments were made late, sometimes up to four months without making a single payment, so they were left with no options but to come to retrieve the truck.

As a result this 500,000 bht loan placed in 2015 against the truck I believed was fully paid off, is now not due to expire until 2020, at the earliest, for a 2010 model truck.

The loan payments on the truck is higher than we initially paid, when we originally bought the truck, but what makes it even worse, is the misses never invested the 500k she received from this loan, 

back into the family in any way, so there were no signs she had come into a large sum of money.

At one point in 2017, she decided since I had never found out about the loan she took against the truck, she would try her luck again, and take the Honda Forza to the bank to take out a loan against that. This I paid for in cash, yet the book was in her name, due to me not having a work permit at the time of purchase, I later had planned to place the Motorcycle in my son name, since he's now 11 years old.

After she fell behind in both the Truck payments and the Motorcycle payments, she decided to convince my son to open my safe box; he was the only one who knew the combination, in the event something happened to me. She took out all the gold garments I had purchased for myself during our relationship; the ones I bought for her, she had sold already.

Went down to the local gold store and sold everything, this all happened before the loan agency came knocking for the retrieval of the truck. 

I just never had any reason to put it all together, yet the pieces were slowing falling into place...

When I ask her what she did with all the proceeds from any of the moves she made, 

the responses were always meet with silence...no response at all coming, other than she knows she made a mistake.

I had very little, yet she has managed to take it all.

This lady was a room maid when I met her, I was the manager of the hotel she worked at.

She was hired as a part time staff, after we started to see each other after working hours, 

I spoke to a friend of mine who worked at another hotel near by, to see about getting this new interest in my life a full time position, so we might be able to pursue a long term relationship.

After she secured the new position, she proceeded to move in with me back in 2005.

Because we have so much time invested into this relationship, plus two children, 

and our business, it's hard to break free. Even as I try to make any new business or job of my own, 

she tries to find a way to lean onto that as well. Asking me for money to help pay her debts, or coming to my place of work, if I secure a position in the public sector.

At the end of the day, I too have thought about taking my own life, 

as it seems like I have no solutions to the problems laid out before me.

So I can totally understand this mans situation, and relate to his decision, 

as I attempt to remain strong for our children, but at times it's very hard indeed.

simple solution but its hard... sell all that is left in your name... move town or better country... become a hotel manager again... never see her or contact her again... stay in connection with your daughter but cut out the wife as far as possible.... stay strong every pain passes finally

• Like 2

2 hours ago, InMyShadow said:

What is wrong with your comprehension?

I said usually. Are you married to a bar girl and bitter about it.

Tell me where your wife learnt English?

Where do you think 90% of them learn it..
. Hint... Not through correspondence LMAO!

"I said usually. Are you married to a bar girl and bitter about it."

I am sorry sir, you did not say "usually" but rather : 

" Let's face it though a farang is most likely to hook up with an ex bar.girl unless he can speak fluent thai.". .so nothing wrong with my comprehension

To your discharge, every sexpats and sex-tourists share your opinion which is understandable due to their everyday life

So to answer your question my wife worked at the reception of a foreign company with no English needed, she was so impressed she started to learn all nights long on her own.

So as your next question will not be where did I met my wife

A French woman I knew, working for the same company invited me for her anniversary and my wife with whom she befriends with was there too … It was my first 15 days in Thailand.

My daughter in law worked for Bangkok Airways and in the same way practise her English at home every single day

My daughter in law organised a few parties in my house I saw almost all her friends male and female most were not bad in English and at least able to have a basic conversation even though everyone was far from the bar girls world or a Red-Light district. For the few who did not speak English at all, we had the same basic conversation in Thai  because I am naive enough to learn and speak basic Thai

Asking me (ironically)  where did my wife learnt English you do not (want to) realise Thailand has an industry, also exports lot of goods and so millions of Thai people (and wives) have nothing to do with the sex industry.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ChrisY1 said:

Just another victim of the perils of Thailand!

Poor guy..RiP.....But why neck yourself for this?

Emotions can be overwhelming, especially dark despair and anguish. So it is really the emotions driving suicide and not just the circumstances. What a terrible way to die. 

• Like 1

For some Farangs, there may arrive a situation that I call the

"Triple wiching hour".

- Massive troubles wit GF/Wife.
- All money gone.
- Absolutely no more prospects in home-country.

Having reached this stage, some end up falling off balconies.
As I see it: Main factor is probably "all money gone". With no money, he will have lost most of his appeal in connection with Thai's. With no money, a return to home-country (and a new start) is very difficult if not impossible.
Without money, a Farang in Thailand can easily find himself "at the end of the rope" (literally).

As Konfuzius said: In Thailand you can run out of love, you can run out of luck, you can run out of friends, but you better not run out of money.
Cheers.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, swissie said:

For some Farangs, there may arrive a situation that I call the

"Triple wiching hour".

- Massive troubles wit GF/Wife.
- All money gone.
- Absolutely no more prospects in home-country.

Having reached this stage, some end up falling off balconies.
As I see it: Main factor is probably "all money gone". With no money, he will have lost most of his appeal in connection with Thai's. With no money, a return to home-country (and a new start) is very difficult if not impossible.
Without money, a Farang in Thailand can easily find himself "at the end of the rope" (literally).

As Konfuzius said: In Thailand you can run out of love, you can run out of luck, you can run out of friends, but you better not run out of money.
Cheers.

My guess would be that most foreigners who commit suicide in Thailand would have committed suicide at some point in their lives regardless of where they were living.

Foreigners NEED to GET smart, when it comes to marrying a Thai woman.  There are a few exceptions, but MOST are only after money.  If you do marry, GET smart and hire a VERY good lawyer  and protect yourself financially.

1 hour ago, Fish Head Soup said:

My guess would be that most foreigners who commit suicide in Thailand would have committed suicide at some point in their lives regardless of where they were living.

Can not agree 100%. A Farang coming to Thailand has "high expectations". (in whatever respect). Expectations he may not have had back home. If those high expectations fall short over time............Ouups!

Cheers.

11 minutes ago, travelman6 said:

Foreigners NEED to GET smart, when it comes to marrying a Thai woman.  There are a few exceptions, but MOST are only after money.  If you do marry, GET smart and hire a VERY good lawyer  and protect yourself financially.

Racist nonsense.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pik said:

RIP. Sad ending to a dream.  

I'm glad I got out of isan when I did.

After finishing house, My ex and her family drove me crazy.

I was never good enough. 

They only "loved me" when they needed something.

When I said NO more.

Oh, Bad Bad falang, and 

Every morning, noon and evening I heard "falang go home". My smiling reply was "I am at my home".

So family changed the tune "falang go  your country" 

They were always laughing at me. I always replied with a smile "We will see Who will laugh at the end"

Karma is visiting all of them  - - - one by one. They are as happy now as i was in isan

I am laughing now and I have new stressless life

They got a free house.

5 hours ago, Hupaponics said:

I'm a novice in English language, but from what I can understand from the headline is that he hang himself then put the house on fire and put a note (on a paper that doesn't burn obviously) and than what?

He went back to the rope?

Happy Easter folks!

Ghost theory

1 hour ago, swissie said:

Can not agree 100%. A Farang coming to Thailand has "high expectations". (in whatever respect). Expectations he may not have had back home. If those high expectations fall short over time............Ouups!

Cheers.

That's fine, you don't have to agree. It's just my opinion.

Wonder if he was an English teacher? I mention it as his handwriting looks like he has prior experience writing on whiteboards or something. It takes a bit of practice to write like this accurately due to the letter size and completely different wrist angle... if I tried doing it the words would slant downwards and it'd be practically illegible.