Watch Issue Is ‘Over,’ Prawit Insists

webfact

NACC says they have to wait for more answers before they can close the file, Prawit says the file is closed. No question about who is right here. If Prawit says closed it is closed. And that has nothing with truth to do. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bob12345 said:

No, it wouldn't.

The manufacturer makes the watches and sells them to authorized dealers. They don't know who owns/buys them.

And even if they would they would not share that info. That would make purchases of their aatches plummit as no corrupted politician would buy any anymore.

Rubbish. Sales of expensive watches like Rolex are recorded for insurance and warranty purposes. Famous case in the UK where a corpse was discovered in the sea wearing a Rolex, police found the identity of the victim through the watch's serial number. Police can get warrants for all kind's of info, a watch's owner wouldn't present a problem. I'm sure when Prawit purchased the watches he didn't envisage being investigated, too arrogant for that.

2 hours ago, Parsve said:

NACC says they have to wait for more answers before they can close the file, Prawit says the file is closed. No question about who is right here. If Prawit says closed it is closed. And that has nothing with truth to do. 

He's telling the truth.

He almost told the truth originally when he said he would go one round with the NACC, but it went the extra 2 or 3 rounds.

Too bad for Premchai, they will take him to the cleaners to show everyone they have zero tolerance.

8 hours ago, TKDfella said:

What is he going to borrow next? A Ferrari or two,  a yacht maybe, someone's personal jet? I mean, why stop at watches when you can get away with it!

Well, presumably all of his and Prayuth's assets are borrowed from dead friends. I can see this becoming a bit of theme in the future for anyone accused of corruption. "Hey! Where did you get that?"... "Umm, My dead friend gave it to me". "Oh, ok, that's alright then".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If the Investigation Officers were smart, they would check the "So called dead friend" and look for his Tax records of buying the Expensive watches, or even better get in contact with the Expensive Watch companies, and match the Registration Number, Date of Purchase and Who Actually Bought it.

If it's a Government looking into a potentially serious case of Abuse of Power and Insulting along with Search for Proof of Denial or Fact to the Public, You're Not asking a Swiss Bank, you're asking for the Registration along with Proof of Purchase, or even Maintenance Records to find out as they're Expensive enough to be taken to get serviced every 5~7 years.

Nah man, it should still be pretty f'ing far from over.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

I hope in this lifetime I get to see corruption in this country with these clowns and the like quashed, but I know that ain't going to happen so I will just keep buying my copies (watches).

I am going even further and throwing my Richard Mille watch in the bin as a protest.

Edited by nev
  • Haha 2

On 30/03/2018 at 1:16 PM, Eligius said:

You are totally right - that NACC, Prawit, Prayut and all his power-usurpers cannot claim any credibility whatsoever after this.

BUT none of that matters one iota - IF THE THAI PEOPLE DO NOT TAKE ACTION. If they carry on allowing sand to be shovelled into their eyes - then they deserve all they are getting and will get.

I don't as yet see MILLIONS of Thais massing in the streets to say: 'enough is ENOUGH'!

No money to be made doing that!  And don't want to get shot.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, AboutThaim said:

No money to be made doing that!  And don't want to get shot.

Heroes go to graveyards the rest of us watch in awe and profit from their actions saying, 'we will never forget them' of course we do but that doesn't bother the dead.

On 3/30/2018 at 4:55 PM, giddyup said:

Rubbish. Sales of expensive watches like Rolex are recorded for insurance and warranty purposes. Famous case in the UK where a corpse was discovered in the sea wearing a Rolex, police found the identity of the victim through the watch's serial number. Police can get warrants for all kind's of info, a watch's owner wouldn't present a problem. I'm sure when Prawit purchased the watches he didn't envisage being investigated, too arrogant for that.

Rubbish, you clearly don't know what you are talking about. I own a couple of Rolexes (so does my wife) and my information was not taken down with any purchase.

Warranty: with your watch comes a warranty card which is dated by the dealer (it used to be a paper document but now its a credit card sized plastic card). If the watch has problems you return it together with the card and you get your warranty. No need to identify yourself or have a serial number + name database. Just the watch plus the card and you get your warranty at any dealer in the world.

Insurance: rolex does not insure its watches, why would they need to know my name for insurance? If i insure my watches i share the info with my insurance company, not a dealer or manufacturer.

So now that it is clear no personal information has to be recorded upon sale, lets look into your "evidence" (police case of diver's watch).

The big question is where did the police get the info?

From an insurance company, from a dealer, from the manufacturer, or somewhere else?

Some dealers might keep a log of sales, but that sure doesn't happen everywhere. And maybe they got the info from the manufacturer but that would only be possible if the guy had sent in the watch for maintenance previously. In that case its possible.

In prawit's case the watches are all brand new and it would surprise me he had one sent in for maintenance already (which used to be every 5 years for rolex but nowadays they tell you not to bother unless the watch shows problems). Even if he did, it isnt evidence of ownership. I can hand in your watch for maintenance also and as long as it aint registered stolen they will return it to me.

Besides, keeping such a database will give trouble for the owners who want to sell their watch. If i sell one of my watches to you, who do i inform and how? Do i copy your passport and send it to Geneva? Or do i contact my watch dealer who sold it to me on the other side of the world with all your personal information? I dont know and i haven't seen anything about it in the documentation i got with my watches.

Long story short: you have no clue what you are talking about.

24 minutes ago, Bob12345 said:

Long story short: you have no clue what you are talking about.

No?

Rolex knows everything!

Rolex checks it this way : when you buy a Rolex watch at an AD, they photocopy the filled in green warranty card and send it to Rolex. Whenever a watch is sent under warranty, Rolex checks for that photocopy and it has to match your name. If they don’t have your card in their records and you can’t provide the original bill of sale from the AD, then you bill charged for a service (see here our ultimate watch servicing guide). As a matter of fact, Rolex warranties are now totally untransferable and Rolex is willing to check.

If he/she has a receipt of purchase with his/her name on it, the owner is able to insure the watch with their own insurance company, obviously not insured by Rolex.

Edited by giddyup

8 hours ago, Jack100 said:

You got to admire his chutz -pah  - hope I spelt that right !

I think you spelled it right but it means guts (roughly), which he doesn't have. He's a spineless little toad that likes to dress up as a soldier but would run a mile from a battlefield the first chance he got.

• Haha 1