Living the High Life in Pattaya

rooster59

1 hour ago, jinners said:

So there at last we have it. So weakened are you by Pattaya's seedy offerings you are unable to turn away and make a choice that won't make you feel embarrassed about yourself in the morning. Thus, not being able to control your inner desires and risk compromising those mighty morals that you have, you keep clear in some dead arse town, suck on that Chang Yay and bitch from afar about something you'd actually love to do, have fun!

Excuse me??? What did you try to say?

On ‎4‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 12:21 PM, geriatrickid said:

A good way to do it would to add a special tourism tax to price the low end customers out. Another 5-10%  on the tax could pay for the infrastructure needed to transform Pattaya.

I thought you had been in LOS long enough to know a "tax" like that would probably never be spent to "improve" anything.

I guess you recent trip to Pattaya wasn't long enough to actually find out much about Pattaya, except what goes on in the tiny part of it to which you refer. Pattaya is not just the strip along the bay now.

In a town that can't even save it's beach from washing away, nothing is going to attract the high spending tourists that you so desire.

• Thanks 1

On ‎4‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 4:03 PM, Get Real said:

So, today that means a lot of criminality, offering of sexual services and over drunk people in every corner. It also means the high risk of beeing robbed and beaten out in the street, and the availability of illegal drugs in too many places.

and that is specific to Pattaya how?

Sounds like places in Europe where hoon youths go to party.

• Thanks 1

On ‎4‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 4:59 PM, newnative said:

You're right--Central Festival can be just too busy at times.  (Whatever happened to Pattaya dying?)  But, patience.  When Terminal 21 opens the crowds will likely be divided between the two malls and, hopefully, each will do well but not be so busy that, in the immortal words of Yogi Berra, "Nobody goes there anymore. It's too crowded."

I hope T21 opens soon so I can see if I'm right by saying the masses will desert Festival for that place. 

While those near Central will obviously still go there, I can't imagine anyone wanting to battle the traffic any further than they have to if coming by vehicle from further inland than 3rd Rd.

However, I'll have to wait to see if I'm right.

41 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

and that is specific to Pattaya how?

Sounds like places in Europe where hoon youths go to party.

Oki doki! Unfortunately, this is a Thailand forum out of what I am aware of. 

43 minutes ago, The manic said:

But we have international experience and know Pattaya is very safe compared to cities such as London. It's more fun too. It is intelligent to make informed comarisions.  Many people  who hate pattaya have fled to the sticks and criticise from afar about a city which they don't really know.  They hate the fact we enjoy it here so try to demean us and criticise the city with silly generalizations based on sensationalist headlines. 

Fled to the sticks? Are you serious. Walked out of free will

On 4/1/2018 at 12:21 PM, geriatrickid said:

Yes, there is a different world at the high end hotels. Most of the guests rarely venture out save for some organized shopping and a visit to places like the mecca of all things discounted, Mike Shopping Center. Unfortunately, these people who generate a large part of the  tourism revenue,  compromise a small portion of Pattaya's foreign visitor base and that is where the problems originate. There are far too many low end tourists, especially sex tourists and this will forever be a barrier, a massive obstacle to moving Pattaya upscale and cleaning up the dregs of humanity. Pattaya needs to change its demographic and go after more higher end  tourists. A good way to do it would to add a special tourism tax to price the low end customers out. Another 5-10%  on the tax could pay for the infrastructure needed to transform Pattaya.

And as a reminder, rooms at the better quality hotels  typically range from 6,000 baht to 10,000 baht per night. Add in the  dining and the excursions  and guests can easily spend 20,000 baht a night. If they go shopping,  it's anyone's guess as to what they can spend from 10,000 to 100,000 baht.  It is a very different world than that  occupied by the  guys living in 500 baht fan rooms and subsisting on 99baht meal specials etc. These low end customers are the source of many of Pattaya's problems and contribute nothing to the local economy except take up space and use  resources.

its not the first time you comment on things you have no understanding of

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/1031406-this-cambodian-city-is-turning-into-a-chinese-enclave-and-not-everyone-is-happy/

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/1/2018 at 12:54 PM, newnative said:

Never steps foot in the city but, seemingly, just can't quit Pattaya. 

Its a state of mind. The city actually rejected him and as when a girl dumps some guy..he cant get over it so bad moths her...or in this case it...the city..

• Like 1