Roads jammed as 30,000 people line up for free herbal cancer ‘cure’

webfact

Roads jammed as 30,000 people line up for free herbal cancer ‘cure’

By The Nation

83d70de85865eebfbc61bfd8a2222fce-sld.jpe

An estimated 30,000 cancer patients and accompanying relatives showed up early Sunday morning outside the house of the well-known inventor of a so-called herbal “cure” for cancer Saengchai Haelerttrakul, in Prachin Buri's Muang district in hopes of getting free capsules.

The queue started at five minutes past midnight and caused a severe two-kilometre-long traffic jam in the area.

305b3c24b096673844df935d738a9a4a.jpeg

Saengchai, who is better known as “Mor Saeng” (Mor meaning “doctor” in Thai), has not received formal training as a physician but was given the honorific by supporters for giving away capsules of his herbal concoction on the first Saturday and Sunday of every month.

bcbeb0fc6f0f07a315526d10cd634101.jpeg

Those people who picked up the free capsules were required to register their information (including showing a medical certificate of their condition) and sign a police record at the Muang Prachin Buri Police Station. 

b0ed1703a82e68ab6c56ed0841be83f4.jpeg

Saengchai's full-time job is as a manager at the Prachin Buri branch of the Provincial Electricity Authority.

5caaf9b92f411374b5dd830e821124ba.jpeg

0736727fe59d897d125388396eababbd.jpeg

0ccea2d614db85723bf535dc3f8b9bef.jpeg

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30342205

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-04-02

Just now, Emster23 said:

"..not received formal training as a physician but was given the honorific by supporters.."

I wonder how many of those original supporters are still alive?

Good point.  This has been an issue for me for a long time.  I have met some very good herbalists over the years. However when something goes wrong my argument is/was how are the families compensated. We carry millions of dollars of malpractice insurance to cover errors and omissions.  Like I said nothing should be done without a detailed medical history and exam being taken. Sad to say this guy is probably a hoax. Here is one of thousands of good examples of write ups from reputable organizations showing the value of Herbs/other phyto-medicines In the treatment of cancer. https://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/causes-prevention/risk/diet/garlic-fact-sheet

• Like 1

New slogan for TAT.....Thailand...the hub of cures...!!

Ebola, HIV or cancer.....you name it...we have the cure

And all this in a country where waste-management is not existing....:coffee1:

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, JOC said:

30.000 people?

Is there no end to stupidity in this country? (rhetorical question)

People are arrested here for demanding free elections....but to play doctor/God are clearly within the limits of the law?

If it wasn't so sad, it would almost be funny....:coffee1:

There are thousands of non-physician "herbalists' doing the very same thing in the US and UK.

• Like 2

If Thais believe it is sexy to walk about with white armpits after using whitening deodorant; if Thai businesses believe hiring a man in a van to drive about holding up traffic is good practice, they will believe anything.

42 minutes ago, JOC said:

30.000 people?

Is there no end to stupidity in this country? (rhetorical question)

People are arrested here for demanding free elections....but to play doctor/God are clearly within the limits of the law?

If it wasn't so sad, it would almost be funny....:coffee1:

I think the sad part is the 30,000 cancer sufferers. (Tip of the iceberg I know).

Count your blessings time.

30K is a lot of people. I guess the ill and dying will be willing to try anything. Some hope is better than no hope at all. I wonder if any of these ingredients have been tested. Can you sue if you die after taking this free "cure"..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lvr181 said:

Jeez................. the blind leading the blind.

I have one question: What cancer is this unproven 'concoction' going to cure? :whistling:

Brain cancer... Because all the people lining up for this guy's pills clearly are in the advanced stages thereof.

• Haha 2

joeyg

marihuana.....never in the history of plants has so much research been done on one particular prohibited illegal plant.
no study has been able to find anything wrong with it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1