DPM Prawit bares all about the wristwatch controversy

webfact

DPM Prawit bares all about the wristwatch controversy

By Thai PBS

Prawit.jpg

Breaking his long silence regarding the luxury wristwatch controversy, Deputy Prime Minister Prawit Wongsuwan admitted for the first time Sunday that the wristwatches were lent to him by Mr Patthavart Suksriwong, a wealthy businessman who was his close former classmate at St Gabriel College, according to Post Today online.

Insisting on his innocence, he said he was not stupid who knew nothing about the legal requirement to declare his assets and liabilities with the National Anti-Corruption Commission.

He clarified that he didn’t declare the wristwatches his assets because they did not belong to him but were lent to him by Mr Patthavart whom he described as a very rich businessman with tens of billion of baht fortune and a wristwatch collector who had 200-300 timepieces in his collection.

Full story:  http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/dpm-prawit-bares-wristwatch-controversy/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2018-04-02
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Samui Bodoh said:

What crap!

The simple fact is that men don't borrow jewelry like that, so I call BS.

Seriously, any guy out there borrow a watch from a friend so that you could look pretty? ANYONE? If a friend of mine asked to borrow a watch so that he could be 'bejeweled', I'd smack him in the face and say "don't be a chick!!!" Men do NOT borrow jewelry.

This is NOT credible.

Period.

And what if a man asks your wife to use her lipstick on his own weddingparty because he wants to look good on the pictures? Go tell the answer to my neighbour who is not gay.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Crossy said:

And surely, since the gentleman has passed away the watches are part of his estate and should be returned to the family. Unless of course they were left to k. Prawit in his will (which will shortly appear methinks).

But that would make him the owner, and he would be obliged to declare them.

Article from January.

"A former military officer speaking on condition of anonymity named Pattawat Suksriwong as Prawit’s friend who had lent him the watches. Some of the luxury watches Prawit was seen wearing previously belonged to the late businessman, who passed away last year, the source said.

“Pattawat collected luxury watches. He had a collection of hundreds of them,” the source said. “He lent them to his close friends and Prawit is one of those friends. Their friends who went to the St Gabriel School know this.” ,

21 minutes ago, maxcorrigan said:

That's it then, all explained satisfactorily no mystery at all, case closed! 

No, it's not closed, it's just the first time that he has commented in public, the investigation is still ongoing and the decision is the NACC's, even Prawit himself said that in the article.

34 minutes ago, webfact said:

Mr Patthavart whom he described as a very rich businessman with tens of billion of baht fortune and a wristwatch collector who had 200-300 timepieces in his collection.

Ok, he died last year. If he now had such a big collection of writwatches of high value, I am quite sure that the family have been saving att least 20-30 out of sentimental value. Just to check up. Or if not, it must be easy to find out if somebody have been selleing a collection of writswatches of that amount of pieces. 

His unbelievable story makes it an easy story for target practice. How many holes can you shot in this story? Only 10 baht per person. :cheesy:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Many tiny men need something to appear as a Big Boss. And he needs to show watches.

Of course he's not telling the truth. He would lose his face. So we'll have to go on with this story until....people will forget it.

Also it was not disclosed what the watch makers told the govt about the buyer of these watches. Is the govt. afraid of the truth????

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

No, it's not closed, it's just the first time that he has commented in public, the investigation is still ongoing and the decision is the NACC's, even Prawit himself said that in the article.

My comment was sarcasm which must have flown straight over your head, lighten up of course it's not over!