Lovely..... but these Thai "guys" are not quite army material!

webfact

4 hours ago, boomerangutang said:

The army recruitment policy encourages males to be like females, if the text of the article is to be believed.  Some are genuine ladyboys, and others are faking it in order to be exempt.  Why not have jobs which ladyboys can do - if they don't want to be soldiers.  Surely there are plenty of cleaning/clerical/cooking/fixing jobs to do in support of the military.

I know a US military guy, now retired, who was surgically altered to be female, ....yet he stayed on the military payroll - doing mechanics on stealth fighters.

Why would you think a  ladyboy wants to be a cleaner, cook or clerk?  Do you actually believe that's what women aspire to be?  :saai:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Lady boys Theerawat, 24, and Witthanin and Danai, both 21, said they had been to see their doctors who agreed to give them certificates that said there was a discrepancy with the sex stated on their birth certificates and what was actually the case.

Never mind the 'Doctor's Letter'............ Just strip them down and find out..........

(Should be a 'memorable day' for most of the others guys, as well).... LOL.....

Never mind the 'Doctor's Letter'............ Just strip them down and find out..........
(Should be a 'memorable day' for most of the others guys, as well).... LOL.....
I think almost all of them would have male organs at that age.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I would have more respect towards this group of sincere transgender women myself if SOME of them were fighting to be allowed to serve, as happens now in western nations. Up to them though. The culture is obviously very different than the west. I think this group could further their efforts toward civil rights here if there was that fight to be allowed to serve as they are. 

Or maybe they are and it's just not reported here?  Or maybe they're simply not fighting to be left out and hence are allowed in?  The story isn't clear on whether people who are trans are disallowed in the Thai military, but the fact that apparently ladyboys need to argue to be excluded suggests to me that they're not automatically disallowed...

9 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I would have more respect towards this group of sincere transgender women myself if SOME of them were fighting to be allowed to serve, as happens now in western nations.

I've nothing against transgenders but I'm a bit sceptical that the US thing is mostly about wanting to serve your country, a big motivation for transgenders might be getting medical costs covered, especially for poorer recruits. 

Edited by nausea
Grammar

Thai military authorities are considering using sophisticated test equipment to determine which ladyboys are 'real'  and which are cosplaying draftdodgers.

It is thought that 'real' ladyboys cannot but linger in front of their reflection to primp

3610256.jpg

Edited by Juan B Tong
  • Haha 2

Why didn't cadet bone spurs think of this instead of coming up with the lame bone spurs thing?

And why not include women in the rooster? problem solved. equality!

Edited by AlQaholic

Thank you Tilacme and Jingthing for taking me back 40+ years to halcyon days. As for your detractor, who clearly takes this subject very seriously indeed, have you thought of applying for the proposed (good idea Leeneeds!) Lady Boys Brigade?

Judging by the news they seem to be able to hold their turf up well in Pattaya. Don't see why they couldnt do it for king, glory and the faith of the country.

Edited by martijn12345
Spelling error