Drugged and robbed last night in Chiang Mai

jbob

As other's have said consider yourself lucky

One of my co-workers years ago went to a sleazy bar in patpong with his wife for his birthday/party. They spiked his wife's and his drink, but the wife for whatever reason did not drink hers. He drank all of his and keeled over in the chair he was sitting. They took him to the hospital, and the day after he was brain dead. a month later they pulled the plug.

23 years old.

• Sad 2

So what's the point of this story, to show how generous you are, inadvertently treating the whole bar to a nice, slap-up evening of food, drinks and 'Wabers' - whatever they are - and at the same time allowing revenge to the karaoke bar for the one-star review you gave them? Not something I'd be particularly keen to shout from the rooftops on a public forum, but each to his own, I guess.

• Confused 1

35 minutes ago, sawadee1947 said:

a neighboring couple of retired people went some years ago with their Motor home to Poland. The man left for a pee outside and didn't come back. He was drugged. Police found him next to a recreation area a week later........without one kidney.

I would like to see some factual evidence on the missing kidney. Everything I have read including police reports say this kidney removal thing is an urban myth. The removal would need to be done by a surgeon and follow up medical care would be needed. According to what you said he was found a week later by a park.....why would they take a kidney from an older person.....probably pretty useless?

8 minutes ago, Mansell said:

I would like to see some factual evidence on the missing kidney. Everything I have read including police reports say this kidney removal thing is an urban myth. The removal would need to be done by a surgeon and follow up medical care would be needed. According to what you said he was found a week later by a park.....why would they take a kidney from an older person.....probably pretty useless?

I read the police report. . Even the hospital report said the same. The people's age was about 45-50. Early retired fortunately. And it was already 19 years ago.Unfortunately the man died days later. The widow showed me the documents as I was her GP.

12 minutes ago, PerkinsCuthbert said:

So what's the point of this story, to show how generous you are, inadvertently treating the whole bar to a nice, slap-up evening of food, drinks and 'Wabers' - whatever they are - and at the same time allowing revenge to the karaoke bar for the one-star review you gave them? Not something I'd be particularly keen to shout from the rooftops on a public forum, but each to his own, I guess.

Wabers = Water at 70 Baht per bottle...

Steep service charge at 1200 baht... 

This looks like a well-padded bill. 

Seems the Op gets roofied at the night-club, then gets taken (or simply goes of his own accord) to a Karaoke Bar where he has a good time buying everyone drinks and ran out of money...  walked home, fell over the on the way... Woke up sore.

(1* review issue is likely unrelated unless the Op is known to the owners)

That's my TV-CSI for the day!

• Like 2

Iam sorry but should not adults be able to handle their booze better than this guy as well as the latest and greatest from Hua Hin. I have been coming here since 1998 dranl in Nana, Soi Cowboy Pattaya, Hua Hin, Chiang Mai, and a few other locations around the country and never once drugged, beaten or taken advantage of unless I wanted it. I guess I am lucky or chose to handle my booze

1 minute ago, moe666 said:

Iam sorry but should not adults be able to handle their booze better than this guy as well as the latest and greatest from Hua Hin. I have been coming here since 1998 dranl in Nana, Soi Cowboy Pattaya, Hua Hin, Chiang Mai, and a few other locations around the country and never once drugged, beaten or taken advantage of unless I wanted it. I guess I am lucky or chose to handle my booze

No need to apologise, you have done anything wrong .

This story isnt about whether you can handle drink or not, its about when you unknowingly get drugged .

Maybe you have not been drugged whilst drinking , others have

• Thanks 1

I agree with what others have said....count your blessings that you're still alive and not beaten up.

Could have really turned out nasty for you.

I treat all kareoke joints like the plague. Best avoided, especially if you are by yourself.

Lesson learnt I hope!

2 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

Damn, that ice is expensive :)

That includes a service charge for a pretty lady to plop cubes into your glass... 

On that note how many ladies did the OP invite into has Karaoke room and did he think thier attention was free?...   :drunk:

Service charge? Maybe cheaper just to pay a bar fine...oh that's right. Those sort of things don't happen in this Kingdom.

Luckily he wasn't playing darts/bridge or connect four them he may have really got into trouble...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, wazzupnow said:

i was told that happens only in India?

here too?

in india and philippines you don't need to drug anyone to take their kidney....just ask them nicely...lol

Edited by JHolmesJr

How did this bar receipt stay so pristine? I cannot do that with a bar chit I wish to present the next day, never mind being drugged and having my pockets emptied. 

Come on!!! Or is this supposed to be "copy" provided by the "bar" after the event! If it ever happened the "original", if there ever was one, would have been lost by "accident". 

5ac5f337c9cd1_barbill.jpg.72f93e7e0b6ff92261b1da97b8f542e9.jpg

:spam1:

• Thanks 1

How did this bar receipt stay so pristine? I cannot do that with a bar chit I wish to present the next day, never mind being drugged and having my pockets emptied. 
Come on!!! Or is this supposed to be "copy" provided by the "bar" after the event! If it ever happened the "original", if there ever was one, would have been lost by "accident". 

5ac5f337c9cd1_barbill.jpg.72f93e7e0b6ff92261b1da97b8f542e9.jpg
:spam1:
13 glasses of coke? Lol

15 hours ago, jbob said:

I made it home 7:40am then slept til 2pm I think.

Memory loss, no headache, bill ambushed/every pocket emptied/robbed, disorientation... too many for a coincidence 

If I drank too much my arms and legs would stop working, lots of vomiting and my head would be killing me (do it often). This was very different. Nothing I can think of gives perfect memory loss, not even alcohol so GHB or Roofies would be guesses at best. 

4 years in Thailand and this is a first, normally this happens to my brother 555

Re. "If I drank too much my arms and legs would stop working, lots of vomiting and my head would be killing me (do it often)."   I'm ever amazed that a vast amount of people actually deliberately choose to do this. 

There's lots of self-proclaimed experts on here who are giving out their particular "accurate" info as to what drug the OP was, or was not, given, the drug's duration, and side effects. Problem is some of this info is contradictory and obviously they all can't be correct.

I hope you  guys don't vote.

Edited by HerbalEd

There's lots of self-proclaimed experts on here who are giving out their particular "accurate" info as to what drug the OP was, or was not, given, the drug's duration, and side effects. Problem is some of this info is contradictory and obviously they all can't be correct.

It's hilarious. Go read the perfect original receipt. Ain't rocket science just a little research

6 minutes ago, HerbalEd said:

I wonder whether or not a guy who calls himself 'HerbalEd' is better placed than most of us to understand the effects of various substances...   (unless he's just referring to a little mixed-spice on his pizza!)... :whistling:

a few years a go i was in Udon Thani in a bar I had never been in before on the main drag in town, I had two small beers and the girl asked if I would sample a cocktail they were making for a party later on,

I had a taste and was not impressed, I never said that I just continued drinking my beer, twenty five mins later I did not feel

right ? I did not know what was wrong I just paid my bin and dashed out, I got about 300 yards before I collapsed.

I ended up crawling into a building that was getting renovated,

I came to at 6am I had been out for about 12 hours. I did not know where I was I was just shocked at what had happened

I had been traveling all over Udon for years never a problem, but these things do happen to lots of people even to the James Bond types that seem to inhabit TV ,   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HerbalEd said:

No one is claiming to "be an expert" and no one is saying their opinion is "accurate" , posters are just suggesting what it may have been .

10 hours ago, EricTh said:

What did you lose?

This is really bad, I thought Thailand would be much safer than this.

truth be told about 3000b if that. 

wow so many ass raping jokes, great crowd...

this is what my glass looked like (for the uneducated) so it was an easy target for sure 

line_1522777603000.jpg.d829c76d5f24ee5c0ff733b696f7a41e.jpg

left it there when I want to the toilet a few times then... blank. Vaguely remember poring a second one because I neurotically count to 5 each time. People complain that google tracks your every move but in cases like this it really helped put all the pieces together. 

Found these photos on my phone the next night

20180404_040144.jpg.7fb0b62da9c8f1459874d9188ed70a96.jpg

20180404_040322.jpg.3cd93df2bb6cac8361ec1f07c5697715.jpg

definitely not as funny as the Hangover...

20180404_040414.jpg

Edited by jbob

People who are talking here about GHB.. how many of you have actually used it yourself ever ?

I have, i know its effects and i know its salty taste. Yes it can knock you out.. (no hangovers though) but unless your real drunk already your going to taste it in your drink. I tried everything to hide the tast (for myself), nothing really worked. Now if i only smell it I have to throw up. I liked it when younger as it gave a nice buzz and was real cheap (as you could make it yourself)

What i heard and have seen is that often crushed  (because a normal tablet would show in your drink) Xanax is used, that is tasteless and will make you real sleepy. It will make you drunk faster and worse then ever. 

Roofies.. no idea never used it

But it all sounds so elaborate drugging someone.. better explanation is normally that someone just got real drunk. 

• Like 2