VIDEO: Horrifying moment Thai toddler is nearly KILLED by falling chest of drawers

webfact

5 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

IKEA had a case where a child was hit by a falling chest of drawers.

They then added anchors and screws and advice to fix it at the wall!

I believe there were eight children killed which prompted a recall on a certain ranges of IKEA furniture. 

1 hour ago, jgarbo said:

IKEA drawers like these have killed several toddlers recently. IKEA now suggest attaching the drawers to the wall. It's very serious.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/ikea-recall-29-million-dressers-child-deaths-chest-drawers-ceo-lars-petersson-furniture-a8067221.html

I stand corrected. Was not aware it had happened so frequently. 

If the draws are full , I guess there must be more weight than there looks.

Must be other similar case with furniture not made by Ikea.

9 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

I can't be 100% sure but those drawers look like they contain toys, which is a pretty dumb place to store anything related to young children especially if they know what's there. A chest of drawers should be out of bounds to toddlers,  especially when you choose to leave your kids unattended as this woman did. 

Try to explain to their mom  ;)

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

IKEA had a case where a child was hit by a falling chest of drawers.

They then added anchors and screws and advice to fix it at the wall!

That's farang thinking - recognise the problem and properly solve it.

Not a lesson so easily learned in the kingdom, unfortunately. 

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, kannot said:

say that when it sticks it  finger in an electrical socket as she holds the charred  remains, you dont monitor  kids  by listening.

Are you realistically suggesting that you have to watch a child for every second obviously never had small children

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Written by someone who it appears may not understand the practicalities and compromise sometimes necessary in real life. 

My Wife definitely left our son alone when he was younger. I'm away at work, my wife is taking a quick shower, our son at a very young age was left alone in a play-pen. 

The other day my Wife was out, I needed the bathroom, I told my 4 year old to behave and play with the lego.

Sometimes the practicalities of life are that there are no alternatives. We simply make the best of what we can. This involves plugging up electrical outlets, and after seeing this video, I'll tether back his wardrobe and cabinet. 

As I have posted this person obviously has never had small children

2 hours ago, Billy Bloggs said:

Watching the kid I think he has done this before, as he opened all the drawers he stepped back and seemed to be waiting for something to happen, he then shut them all again and pulled even the top one open and when all open is when it toppled.

I was thinking the same thing 

3 hours ago, sjbrownderby said:

I believe there were eight children killed which prompted a recall on a certain ranges of IKEA furniture. 

Sounds plausible.

My memory about that has faded.

Edited by KhunBENQ

Its a pretty common accident. There have been several incidents and deaths in Australia, especially with heavy old CRT televisions. Lots of furniture ships with some wall fasteners, usually thrown out as extra screws or still in the plastic bag taped to the back.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, kannot said:

say that when it sticks it  finger in an electrical socket as she holds the charred  remains, you dont monitor  kids  by listening.

Did you raise children? Did you spend every waking moment in the same room with them? Responsible parents can leave their children to play in another room while they clean or cook or do paperwork. That said, yeah, we covered our electrical outlets when our daughter was little, and that cabinet should be secured to the wall. Probably is by now.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Megasin1 said:

I think the headline is a little over the top and not very well balanced. Its an open and shut case of the headline outweighing the content.

Yes it should read- Chest of drawers NEARLY kills toddler.

:coffee1:

• 4 weeks later...