Health insurance - claims success stories

lyseoy

As been (wisely) said on the forum before, the litmus test of insurance companies is their willingness to pay for the really big claims.

If you've made a major claim towards your health insurance ( > 5.000.000 baht) please share how it went? Fail or success? Which insurance company was it?

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Absolutely no problem on three claims over 100,000K with BUPA. I pay for the BUPA Platinum 2 million baht per occurrence coverage. My policy is now with Etna and I have not made any claims since April of 2017.  165 baht was not covered for take home medicine after an operation at Bangkok Korat Hospital. The insurance company paid direct to the hospital, yet I was able to telephone for pre authorization one days in advance of each operation. My independent insurance broker has guided me in English for claims and coverage for many years in Thailand. 

• Like 1

See https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/945259-over-60-had-a-health-problem-how-have-things-worked-out/?page=3&tab=comments#comment-11198070

for a report on a claim of 3 million baht

Personally I have had 3 claims paid, all direct to the hospital and no problem but small in amount

Be advised though that claims in the first year get extra scrutiny to make sure it is not related to an undeclared pre-existing event

• Like 2

Eric Dohlon is a dual citizen who speaks several languages. He was born in Thailand. He has an office in Phuket, yet he provides great service to me in Buriram. Insurance In Thailand.  He is the licensed broker, not his wife. I was given his card in 2005 by staff in the insurance billing department of Bangkok Hospital Phuket. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, thailand49 said:

I don't know many or any individual that has a 5 million Baht policy especially the older 55 up?

My BUPA /Aetna is 5mil baht max per annum. I am 60 and I like the ability to pay monthly. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, ICECOOL said:

My BUPA /Aetna is 5mil baht max per annum. I am 60 and I like the ability to pay monthly. 

Please, could you tell me how you pay monthly? Is it the same amount if you pay in just 1 time? Thank you in adbvance.

6 hours ago, marioc said:

Please, could you tell me how you pay monthly? Is it the same amount if you pay in just 1 time? Thank you in adbvance.

Mario

Just give them your credit card details and they will auto bill each month

Over 12 months it is approx. 10% more but the beauty of this is you can opt out at anytime and lose no more than 1 months payment

Cheers

Geoff

• Like 1

On 4/23/2018 at 9:07 PM, ICECOOL said:

I should have clarified... I'm sure there are as you noted as one of them, but I stated this because the price then all the pre-conditional will prevent a majority in general from obtaining such a policy.

A AXA policy for someone in the range of 60-65  1 million baht runs like 30,000 baht a year so 5 million?  You are lucky to have the ability although monthly.