Speed limits in and outside urban area under change to curb traffic fatalities and facilitate driving

webfact

4 minutes ago, Thian said:

We don't need any new rules, we need REAL police.....and REAL driverslicenses...and REAL fines/punishment...but the Thai won't understand that like the rest of the world does.

Absolutely correct. However, what we need versus what we get will forever be two different things.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Thian said:

We don't need any new rules, we need REAL police.....and REAL drivers licenses...and REAL fines/punishment...but the Thai won't understand that like the rest of the world does.

It's not that they don't understand these 'norms' . . . it's simply that, in this 'anything goes' country, implementing all or any of these is simply too much trouble for the many departments involved; a bit like the laissez faire politics in the ancient west . . . if it ain't broke - too much, that is - why fix it?

• Like 1

The people I really feel sorry for are the owners of super-cars, Ferraris, Lamborghinis, Porsches etc who really need to open up and get ahead of the crowd..I forgot Fortuners, they are really a special case.

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, ratcatcher said:

For heaven's sake, get serious, they are 20 feet up in the air.

That's for the overloaded trucks who would touch them.

One day i drove motocy behind an overloaded truck who touched the trafficsigns at that height...it was very scary, that happens all the time at Kanchana Phisek ringroad.

• Like 1

Speed kills the faster you go, better to have a more stringent driving test add a few roundabouts instead of uturns and annual safety checks on cars, increasing the speed will increase your chances of death

• Sad 1

As everyone here is saying - there will be no change unless the Thai Government insist the police enforce the law.  On top of that, they should have police out pulling over drivers who are simply ignorant or selfish or most probably both.  Stop the lane hoggers and tell them to drive on the left, stop the motorcycles and some cars even riding the wrong way up the road and tell them at the same time as dishing out fines for the most stupid offenders.  We all know it so why don't the Thais do it?  I actually have a pretty good idea of the answer to that but do not want to excite the Thai apologists nor listen to their feeble excuses. 

• Like 2