Retirement Visa Pension Proof of Income

My Stepfather and Mother will be submitting their first O-A Non immigrant visa based on retirement at the London UK embassy later this year. My stepfather has just received a P60 Pension certificate showing what his Pension has paid for the Tax year to April 5th 2018. Is this the statement what the Thai embassy require for the application ? Or does he require a letter from his old employer pension department showing what he "will" receive from April 5th 2018 - April 2019 ?

Many Thanks for those who can clarify based on previous experience

Jason

The Long Stay Non-Immigrant 'O-A' visa isn't issued based on retirement. Any income is acceptable. 

6 minutes ago, jasonr3255 said:

My stepfather has just received a P60 Pension certificate showing what his Pension has paid for the Tax year to April 5th 2018. Is this the statement what the Thai embassy require for the application ? 

Yes that would be accepted.

3 minutes ago, evadgib said:

A friend in his 70s uses this route each year and says it's 'Any Govt Pension'.

HTH

That only applies to the Non 'O' visa based on retirement.

If applying for a Non 'O-A' the income, pension or otherwise, must be over 65K baht pm (or a combination of pension and cash in the bank).

1 hour ago, elviajero said:

That only applies to the Non 'O' visa based on retirement.

I don't see any Thai Consulate (including Washington DC embassy) issuing Non 'O' based on retirement in the US. Washington embassy told me only Non O for people over 50 with 800K fund (or monthly income 65K) is Non-OA long stay ME visa valid for one year that can be extended for legally staying in Thailand indefinitely in an immigration office inside Thailand.

Edited by onera1961
  • Like 1

I don't see any Thai Consulate (including Washington DC embassy) issuing Non 'O' based on retirement in the US. Washington embassy told me only Non O for people over 50 with 800K fund (or monthly income 65K) is Non-OA long stay ME visa valid for one year that can be extended for legally staying in Thailand indefinitely in an immigration office inside Thailand.

The non imm o-a multi entry visa is a one year visa. Each time you leave the country and re-enter, prior to the enter before date stamped on the visa you will receive a one year extension. This means that if you time the last exit and re-entry to just prior to the enter before date, you will essentially get a second year off that one year visa. Your visa is now dead and done and you will need to obtain an extension of stay or a visa for you remain in Thailand after that point. There is no indefinite extension of the non imm o-a multi entry visa.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

19 minutes ago, jasonr3255 said:

Hi, 

Not impossible I have it in my hand !!

Regards

That is very strange indeed. How-ever if Week 52 was on 30th March, a small enough organization could have run its end of FY procedures. Thus producing P 60s. It’s a few years since I was hands on with end of FY actions. No offense meant.

Edited by stereolab
Re-checked my facts

1 hour ago, SpokaneAl said:

There is no indefinite extension of the non imm o-a multi entry visa.

A one year extension at an immigration office here works the same way if you start with an O-A or an O.

As long as you continue to qualify for the extension, you could say they are 'indefinite'.

The same requirement to extend for either one.

1 hour ago, TerryLH said:

A one year extension at an immigration office here works the same way if you start with an O-A or an O.

The question still remains is how to get an O visa for retirement in US? Washington office told me there is no O visa for retirement and I called a few consular offices (Chicago, Portland, Dallas), they all told me the same. All told me to get a O-A visa for retirement.

1 hour ago, onera1961 said:

The question still remains is how to get an O visa for retirement in US? Washington office told me there is no O visa for retirement and I called a few consular offices (Chicago, Portland, Dallas), they all told me the same. All told me to get a O-A visa for retirement.

same in vancouver bc

5 hours ago, stereolab said:

Tax year 2017/18 just finished today 5th April, impossible for him to have received his P60.

Most companies run their payroll before month end. So they can produce the P60 before the end of March.

6 hours ago, onera1961 said:

They are making people get the ‘O-A’ visa these days, or enter as tourists and apply for the visa in the country.

The London Embassy, which was the Embassy being discussed, will still issue a Non ‘O’ but only to actual retirees in receipt of state pension.

Edited by elviajero
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, evadgib said:

it's 'Any Govt Pension'.

For a Visa extension based on Retirement, it is ANY income into your UK bank or into Thai bank from outside. Disregard any outgoings.

Edited by wgdanson