Summer storms warning in effect in 4 regions

rooster59

Summer storms warning in effect in 4 regions

rain.jpg

The Thai Meteorological Department on Friday (April 6) warned people in the North, Northeast, East and Central regions as well as Bangkok to brace for summer storms in the next 24 hours.

It said that the four regions and Bangkok would experience thunderstorms with occasional gusty winds, lightning, hail storm and heavy rains in some areas.  It advised people in the affected areas to stay away from exposing themselves in the open field, under big trees or billboards.

The Weatherman also predicted the possibility of flash flood and suggested farmers to take steps to protect their crops from damages inflicted by hail storm or strong wind.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/summer-storms-warning-effect-4-regions/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2018-04-07

Dark clouds late Thursday, nothing Friday.  Got some strong, cool wind gusts for a few hours late last night/early morning today with a few rain drops but so far, nothing damaging in my area of the NE.  Yet.

1 hour ago, JackScarlett said:

Storm started at about 4pm yesterday here mid way KK and Udon Thani with heavy rain until about 1 a.m. today.

This morning it is not looking very promising.

Yep..Same here in Mahasarakham.

Feels quite chilly aswell.

Have A Nice Day.

Edited by firefox999uk

6 minutes ago, jimmjam said:

" It advised people in the affected areas to stay away from exposing themselves"

lol, made me chuckle, sorry.

"..........exposing themselves in the open field, under big trees or billboards."

No, you can expose yourself indoors quite safely, if you wish, just not out in the fields, under the big trees or hoardings.

• Haha 2

A few rain showers off and on here at NongKhai, but mostly just wind. Sure feels nice compared to the heat and humidity normal to this time of year. Besides..I don't have to pick the mangos, they are coming down to me:smile:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bert bloggs said:

Massive storm here in Banglamung yesterday and another last night .garden flooded

Depends where you are in Banglamung? None yesterday where I am but rain last night/this morning

We had our share late yesterday and early this morning.

I haven't counted but we already had a couple of thundershowers this year.

And it is so cold this morning, about 18 C, exceptional for April.

And what do I see for next week?

40 C max :bah:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, rooster59 said:

farmers to take steps to protect their crops from damages inflicted by hail storm or strong wind.

HOW? A big tarp over the entire field, a windbreaker. 

• Sad 1

Big T-storm in the wee hours this morning in BKK and some substantial rain. Light rain continued well into the daylight hours. Coolest April day in my memory AND BKK (probably many other areas) could set or tie records for the coolest April low temps ever! From what I've gathered, the coldest temp ever recorded in BKK in April is 22 C...approx 72 F. Forecasts vary, but it will be very close if forecasts are correct! 

A very rare and welcome respite from the heat and humidity...and before the summer steambath sets in for months.

• Like 1