Video: Not a care in the world! But what if it was your relative was in the ambulance?

rooster59

5 hours ago, RandolphGB said:

Selfish or just simpletons, I don't know. Either way, Thailand needs to sort this out. Fines (legitimised bribes) don't work. Better to remove their driving licence for a year. 

They would just buy another one in a different name.  Unfortunately this really is Thailand and this is how people behave.  It is their country and their way of life (and death).  Only when enough of the people themselves want change will there be change.  Until then you may as well just shrug your shoulders like the rest of them.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JOC said:

That sums it up nicely.....

Thai society is all about me, me, me and me...

Someone died in the ambulance......"That will be 500 baht...have a nice day"

The vast majority seem to live in their own little world, where they're the center of it, fully entitled, never ever wrong, and can do as they please whilst everyone must be courteous and move out their way.

They can't help themselves jumping queues, paying no attention to anyone else or blocking other whether by slow driving or slow walking. Amazing how they try and rush into an elevator before letting the people inside out!

6 hours ago, keith101 said:

Some people are just ignorant and don't care about anyone else on the road especially emergency vehicles see it all the time , maybe if they where booked by the BIB next time they would move out of the way but TIT .

Some ?

20 hours ago, Odysseus123 said:

Yep..

Rip out the wing and rear view mirrors..disconnect indicators..remove brakes-install large video screen for personal use...

Ta da!The Thai "people's" car. To be called " Road Destiny" 

More like the movie "Final Destination"

6 hours ago, RandolphGB said:

Selfish or just simpletons, I don't know. Either way, Thailand needs to sort this out. Fines (legitimised bribes) don't work. Better to remove their driving licence for a year. 

Then they drive without a license for a year...

6 hours ago, apalink_thailand said:

Long ago, I asked some Thai friends why this happens. I was told that it was common knowledge that ambulance drivers ALWAYs have their sirens and light on because they want to get through traffic quicker. Even if they aren’t travelling to/from an emergency. In other words, they are not responsible ambulance drivers so people think they are cheating and then just ignore them on the road.

There is always an excuse for anything they do...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, apalink_thailand said:

Long ago, I asked some Thai friends why this happens. I was told that it was common knowledge that ambulance drivers ALWAYs have their sirens and light on because they want to get through traffic quicker. Even if they aren’t travelling to/from an emergency. In other words, they are not responsible ambulance drivers so people think they are cheating and then just ignore them on the road.

I think ambulances are only on the road for going to an accident or going to a hospital from an accident. So the Thai friends probably think the ambulance leaving the hospital with lights on and no body in it yet  are doing it to only get through traffic quicker. The truth be known they should be going through traffic fast to get to accident victims. I do not think ambulances are used to go to the market to buy lunch. Workers would use motorcycle. Need less use of the ambulance  is in all probability non existent.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lovelomsak said:

I think ambulances are only on the road for going to an accident or going to a hospital from an accident. So the Thai friends probably think the ambulance leaving the hospital with lights on and no body in it yet  are doing it to only get through traffic quicker. The truth be known they should be going through traffic fast to get to accident victims. I do not think ambulances are used to go to the market to buy lunch. Workers would use motorcycle. Need less use of the ambulance  is in all probability non existent.

The most ridiculous comment and a pure disrespect for emergency services 

• Like 2

It doesn't help when Thai Rai themselves blank the plates out, if it was a violation, guilty why not just show the plate maybe the owner would have noticed and done the right thing the next time?  That is part of education.

Personally, if I was the driver I would have moved around the vehicle but just show you the hypocrisy or lack of critical thinking?  Or just took my vehicle and push him out of the way ambulance or not if it was a member of my family and worry about it later and they can video it for the entire Nation to see if in the future another driver even thinks this might happen it would have been well worth it!

Edited by thailand49

2 minutes ago, Media1 said:

Did you even read the post?

It was supportive to  emergency services or can you not read.

Edited by lovelomsak
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Media1 said:

You are too kind, there are many and I mean many the comment got to come from a idiot or just plan stupid and that is also being too kind?

8 minutes ago, lovelomsak said:

Did you even read the post?

It was supportive to  emergency services or can you not read.

I think the other poster can defend himself but interesting are we reading the same posting?  

Maybe I missed something too or can't read?  But where in the article mentioned " it was supportive to emergency services ?

Or are you making it up or assuming the vehicles were going shopping, lunch or even donuts?

6 hours ago, sebastion said:

Regardless, get out of the way.
They probably get numerous calls an hour and can't be at every scene.

They are overworked, underpaid and deal with horrific scenes.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

agreed just move out the way you never know if false or a real emergency.

53 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

I think the other poster can defend himself but interesting are we reading the same posting?  

Maybe I missed something too or can't read?  But where in the article mentioned " it was supportive to emergency services ?

Or are you making it up or assuming the vehicles were going shopping, lunch or even donuts?

All I can say is there are a lot of people here who cannot read and comprehend what is written not my fault as a poster. 

3 hours ago, CGW said:

Fine them? get real people! surely you must have realised by now the Thai Police are totally and utterly ineffective!

The majority of Thai folks will have no idea that they are supposed to give way to emergency vehicles! they are relatively new to Thai roads, 20 years ago all you had were the "body snatchers" they are slowly being replaced, the majority of Thais still see them for what they are - a mobile business!

Yes, I know in their highway code they are supposed to "give way" there are a lot more laws they choose to ignore as well as this! the answer is what?

I have said before, until they get a functioning Police force nothing will change!

If I remember correctly from reading up prior to the written Thai DL test, I believe upon hearing the siren of an emergency vehicle, a driver is supposed to just carry on driving straight in his lane.   

I don't think he's supposed to go off to the side of the road.     Did my memory fail me?

Personally I'd  make sure I give every priority to an emergency vehicle.

Good there is a clear view of number plate and the driver. Open window and arm resting out of window.

No music can be so loud it masks the sirens from the ambulance.

FB5D4E63-FAD5-4C4A-833C-C3CF69F25FBD.thumb.png.121e653238f31dde2acb7fed89f8ba39.png27E7E76C-3CF6-488E-81CB-4ED58EE13FC3.thumb.png.b009e995ed60fe2c9cacc5775c82f398.png

B4DD4877-F783-4200-813F-3DBBFFB24166.png

Edited by JohanB
Extra photo added
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, lovelomsak said:

All I can say is there are a lot of people here who cannot read and comprehend what is written not my fault as a poster. 

I've read the article written a number of times, no one is saying it is your fault but please help me out and quote it and I will go back again and look it up.  If it is in fact I can't read and comprehend I will more than glad to apologize to you right here in the forum that I am wrong.