Shameful cruelty of animals sponsored by people who holiday in Thailand

rooster59

2 minutes ago, sebastion said:

Environmental photo journalist?
People just make up job descriptions these days.
Some hippie travelling around with a camera and an opinion.
God help us.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

True. But it's still a valid point.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sebastion said:

Its not like the tourists call Thailand up in advance and demand they dress up some animals and do tricks.

Blame the host, not the guests.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Double edged sword for the animals.

No supply no buyers

No buyers no supply

Humans are the only life form that uses other life forms for money.

Edited by overherebc
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Lupatria said:

Rule # 1: If it makes money it can't be wrong.

Rule # 2 In case we get caught red handed for any wrongdoing, let's blame it on the pesky farrangs.

don't think the thais had anything at all to say about it. it's a UK paper with photos and opinion from a British photojournalist

Edited by Happy enough
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

With the amount of Chinese tourists visiting Thailand now these places will be doing a roaring trade no doubt.

Remember this incredible stuff from 13 years ago?

Visitors offered daily buffet of lion, tiger, elephant and giraffe meat; conservation groups outraged. Lovers of “wild” cuisine are in for a treat when Chiang Mai’s Night Safari opens next year, project director Plodprasop Suraswadi said yesterday. Visitors to the park’s Vareekunchorn restaurant will have the option of tucking in to an “Exotic Buffet” of tiger, lion, elephant and giraffe, for just Bt4,500 a head.

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/50982-chiang-mai-safari-rare-animals-on-the-menu-at-zoo/

i was going to post something similar. about 20 years ago i went to the zoo with my wife and they had a tiger cub, a piglet and a labrador in a glass container in the wall. the piglets back was cover in scratches, the cub was constantly trying to attack it as it cowered in the corner with the labrador fighting off the cub. top of the glass it had a sign 'happy families'. i said to my mrs that's messed up but noticed that all the westerners were shocked. in a bloody zoo! most westerners i think are clued up to this and have been for years due to education and articles like the one the metro printed. now there is a new breed of tourist and they'll lap all this shit up without giving it a second thought

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Happy enough said:

now there is a new breed of tourist and they'll lap all this shit up without giving it a second thought

If you post on the tripadvisor forum for Thailand, you will see a lot of threads from Indians in particular asking about the animal attractions, stuff like Fantasea in Phuket and the tiger cub places.  They get a barrage of advice, but only about how to be a more ethical tourist.  A lot of people asking for advice on that forum seem to be very naive, the questions are all pretty dumb and could be answered with a simple Google search, but there does seem to be a particularly acute naivety from the Indians, maybe because their country has only had mass tourism opened up to the populace more recently.  Of course these forums only show the English speakers.  The Chinese have their own forums and they're probably even worse.

9 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Shameful cruelty of animals sponsored by people who holiday in Thailand

That is Thai people there do this don't blame tourists 

I sure most of the western tourists are disgusting by this and will ban attractions as this 

Meaby Thailand have to look as them self before blaming the tourism 

Shame on you Thailand 

3 hours ago, overherebc said:

Double edged sword for the animals.

No supply no buyers

No buyers no supply

Humans are the only life form that uses other life forms for money.

Sorry but human's are the only one there use money I never see other animals use money 555

1 hour ago, Henrik Andersen said:

Sorry but human's are the only one there use money I never see other animals use money 555

As your not an english native speaker I'll explain. It means they use animals as a way of making money for themselves.

Example, a circus with performing animals.

15 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

It is dumb ignorant tourists that are fueling the trades in animal cruelty for entertainment purposes.

Many of these animals perform out of fear, they are hit, beaten and even drugged into submission. I never visit those places and never will. Very easy, no tourists, no money and then these places go out of business. What`s so difficult to understand about that?

Yeah...ahm...how about responsibility of the locals?

Oh...i forgot: they are Thai and can not do any wrong, by definition!

:coffee1:

23 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

If only those tourists never existed, there would be no evils in this world. 

People, listen to my appeal: stay at home, don’t travel, make the world a better place. 

A lot of them - especially those who reckon seeing animals being humiliated is funny - happen to be Thai tourists. Just saying.

Disgusting!!!

As with the lack of human rights in most parts of south esst Asia, animals do not stand a chance.

All forms of entertainment using any animal should be banned world wide.

What a sad world humans have created! The world is our only home and yet we all crap on our own door steps.

Edited by Sonhia

20 hours ago, hansnl said:

Wow.

If you really a believer, why don't you start the cleanup of the world by removing yourself from the stage?

Wouldn't it make more sense to slaughter all these animals and eat them...

On ‎4‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 2:38 PM, overherebc said:

The problem exists for the animals. They have more right to be on this planet than we have. I hate to see wild animals caged and in shows, it only goes to show we are lower on the evolution scale than they are.

Natural selective breeding has produced many beautiful and useful animals, some not so beautiful but still have a purpose. Non-selective breeding has produced todays human race that does nothing but destroy the planet and the destruction rate increases as our numbers increase.

I read something years ago that stuck in my head, 'as soon as you stop thinking you are important to this planet and realise you are just one small part of the worst infection ever that is poisoning this once pristine place things may improve.

My point was to not blame the foreigners as it is solemnly based on the Thai side for the abuse. 

All of it is "man made" by Thais !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just to make money and yes also can blame tourists taking these offers and pay for it as they should know better that it is awful doing that with animals!!!!!!