I want to have my daughter's car crushed in korat.

britishrepublican

10 hours ago, britishrepublican said:

The video will be posted. I want to video a grabber pick the car up by the roof and set it into a car crusher and I want to see it come out the other end no bigger than a washing machine. 

She will learn not to give me backchat. She can get the bus in future.

Can't you win an argument with your daughter by out smarting her?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

Can't you win an argument with your daughter by out smarting her?

Hmm, I'd suggest that "outsmarting" is perceived by Thais as "loss of face". That could cause resentment for years. Having said that, crushing the car would probably have the same effect too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Hmm, I'd suggest that "outsmarting" is perceived by Thais as "loss of face". That could cause resentment for years. Having said that, crushing the car would probably have the same effect too.

If you are reasonable and can explain things in a good way it will help. If they keep being unreasonable give them 2 choices: reward or face consequences . Crushing the car and show her the video is very vindictive and will get you nowhere. Taking the keys until they are getting reasonable works a lot better. Take away a couple of other privileges too. As a parent you need to be the boss but not a vindictive ....... 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

Post on YouTube+go viral=profit!

And it would probably have to be viral to grab your daughter's attention. From what you have said, she is probably living in smartphone la-la land.

12 hours ago, 473geo said:

Shouldn't worry about future back chat, anyone who can be this mean will probably not be spoken to at all!!

Sure you cannot find a less dramatic and more acceptable solution? seems a bit excessive and OTT?

odd

20 minutes ago, Beachcomber said:

I haven't read through all the posts some of which are absolute nonsense from people who have obviously never brought up any kids.

I'm with the OP. Anything less than crushing the car will not have any real effect. She knows that hiding the keys or forbidding her to use the car or even selling the car is only temporary (daddy will by another) not have the effect the OP wants.

Friend of mine was having trouble with one of his kids over constant use of mobile phone. Confiscated the phone, cut internet to the phone for days at a time but after a few days of good behavior  the kid was back to the old ways.

Eventually in frustration he grabbed the phone and smashed it onto the ground saying the kid would only get another phone if his manners and school grades improved, both of which happened. As a bonus the other kids learned a lesson also and things improved all round for him.

Go fro the crusher :thumbsup:

And you're talking about absolute nonsense? One more who grew up on the dark side of Disney World. Why would anybody crush his daughter's car?Your phone story sounds so phony. :smile:

• Like 2

To OP:

You will lose your daughter and family quickly if you do that , But maybe that's what you want ?

Maybe you spent too much money on your Thai family , or maybe they tricked you into it ?  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

49 minutes ago, DipStick said:

The OP simply asked could any one guide him to an establishment where he could get a car crushed.

He wasn’t asking for advice on how to be a parent or anything else, so could we stay on topic, this is not a family guidance thread

"this is not a family guidance thread"  No, but it was posted on an open forum. I have no doubt the OP was well aware of the can of worms he was opening when he posted. If not, he has gained a wealth of knowledge about how he might dispose of said car.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, britishrepublican said:

The video will be posted. I want to video a grabber pick the car up by the roof and set it into a car crusher and I want to see it come out the other end no bigger than a washing machine. 

She will learn not to give me backchat. She can get the bus in future.

Been there done that. She will not care. I got a Thai son inlaw the same . Just don’t waste your time on them again. My So called son inlaw has made no effort to bond with me in any way. So I came to the conclusion I don’t care either.

• Like 1

Absolutely no clue how any parent in the world could come up with this as an option?

This sounds like a control freak and no you are not teaching anyone a lesson.

Time has proven that children do not learn lessons this drastic way.

Talking things out with your kids.

If you cannot use psychology and get the kids to see your point in a happy, agreeing way, perhaps one should not be a parent.

Your anger should be treated.

It is not rational at all.

She is a human being.

• Like 1

Perhaps give it a few days and consider carefully if this is the wisest thing to do. Anger gets a lot of people in trouble here. I am sure if you restrict her use of the car you would achieve a similar outcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

go hide the car , take off the plug wires and distributor cap......

shrug your shoulders when she asks where the car is.......

after a week or 2 see if she changes her ways......

If no change , call me and I will take it off your hands.......

I hate to destroy good machines......

On 4/9/2018 at 4:49 AM, 473geo said:

Quite so, but if you both appear to lose, will your point be as well made? I doubt crushing a perfectly good car, whatever the reason, will impress anybody, least of all your daughter.

its not meant to impress his daughter.

• Haha 1