I want to have my daughter's car crushed in korat.

britishrepublican

51 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

That works both ways. If she is his step daughter, and his wife does not sort her, she and her daughter might find themselves without an ATM.

If he is indeed the family ATM, I don't think any onus is on him to change his attitude. Simplest solution is if she's old enough to drive, she's old enough to move elsewhere. Kick her out, and if his wife won't wear that, leave and take his money with him. Now that would really show both of them.

Children shouldn't rule the marriage, though it seems that they do in many relationships.

My first ex wouldn't modify her children's behaviour and I walked out on them.

How do you know that the girl needs to "be sorted out?" Where did he state that she lives in the same house? Asking such a question on an open forum shows the guy's character. And I have my doubts that this daughter really exists. 

• Like 1

Can I have the car ?  I will only use it on Sundays to take my Grandmother to Church , and to Bingo on Wednesdays.....

and I have a buddy who works in the movies so we can make a video of it going off a cliff and bursting into flames.......

No cars will be hurt in this video........I promise     :)

• Haha 1

On ‎4‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 11:45 AM, HLover said:

When she comes home pregnant, what's step daddy going to do?

If he's a step dad it's none of his problem.

I've been there, got the T shirt, and looking back my biggest mistake was trying to be "dad". I should have left herself to take care of them, as we ended up disliking each other- them because I was telling them what to do but not being their father, and me because they were always causing me grief and herself wouldn't do anything about it.

On ‎4‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 9:23 PM, impulse said:

One of the meanest things I ever said to my father was "in 10 years, when your kids are grown and you're sitting all alone in your house because they never visit, remember this day".

Sounds like the OP is having one of those days.

I never said anything like that to mine 'cause he scared me when I was young.

I never saw him for many years after I started work, but I did visit him to say goodbye when he was very old, and he was so desperate for company it was rather pathetic. Beds made and all that, but sad, nonetheless.

22 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I never saw him for many years after I started work, but I did visit him to say goodbye when he was very old, and he was so desperate for company it was rather pathetic. Beds made and all that, but sad, nonetheless.

Good Post...

And i bet he loved you from the day you were born and still did when he passed...Yes sad, Dads had it rough back then. He had to take care of everyone in the family on his own back financially...While Mum stayed home and done her job making the home. Thats the way it was, but some allowed their kids too much freedom, and as a result, the word respect disappeared from our culture.... a long time ago.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Neither did I have the guts when I was young.  But that was a day a few years after I had graduated and moved out on my own.  The point I was attempting to make was that, having a choice between being right and improving a relationship with your loved ones, being right is easier and feels good in the moment. 

But I'd rather have a better relationship with my loved ones for the long haul.  

Going back to my Dad, he changed for the Grandkids.  We kept telling them, "He isn't the same guy we all grew up with.  That's an old guy trying to get into Heaven."

Edited by impulse
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, impulse said:

Neither did I have the guts when I was young.  But that was a day a few years after I had graduated and moved out on my own.  The point I was attempting to make was that, having a choice between being right and improving a relationship with your loved ones, being right is easier and feels good in the moment. 

But I'd rather have a better relationship with my loved ones for the long haul.  

Going back to my Dad, he changed for the Grandkids.  We kept telling them, "He isn't the same guy we all grew up with.  That's an old guy trying to get into Heaven."

Yep...When the kids grew up and found their own feet to stand on, Dad became obsolete, and then had time to relax and stop worrying about the kids future...Thats the difference....It was his turn, but the kids of today dont take that into account.

4 hours ago, weegee said:

Yep...When the kids grew up and found their own feet to stand on, Dad became obsolete, and then had time to relax and stop worrying about the kids future...Thats the difference....It was his turn, but the kids of today dont take that into account.

Mine died when he's on withdrawal of alcohol. He's diabetic and only 50 years old. 

On 4/9/2018 at 2:06 AM, Dmaxdan said:

You just reminded me of one of my favorite movies.....

1969 The Italian Job.

ItalianJob_AstonMartindies.jpg

A basic test of Britishness: how much of the dialogue can you do from memory. "Every ice cream parlour, every restaurant...". "It's a long walk back to England. And it's that way". 

On 4/8/2018 at 11:55 PM, thedemon said:

Any JCB around town should be able to trash it in a few minutes.

Remember to post the video here.

Why not just drive it off a cliff.  Kill two birds with one stone...

It appears to be an ostentatious demonstration of spite and a criminal waste of money. What example are trying to set? It does not take genius to see the metaphor. You are not crushing a car. You are symbolically crushing your daughter. Give the car to a needy charity and encourage your errant child to do some kind of community work.

2 hours ago, jenny2017 said:

Psychologists are still looking for the right name for the illness. 

Let the original poster guide us on this one. British Republican. In fairness, it would only really be truly serious if he were diagnosed American Republican. To understand the difference, compare bungy-jumping Boris with the Teflon Don.

Edited by Mexlark

On 4/11/2018 at 12:23 AM, impulse said:

One of the meanest things I ever said to my father was "in 10 years, when your kids are grown and you're sitting all alone in your house because they never visit, remember this day".

Sounds like the OP is having one of those days.

Yes.Well said.

I remember sitting by the side of an elderly gentleman who was dying and saying.."Perhaps it is time to call your son?"

To which he replied.."No, he stole two rainbow balls and a Choo Choo bar from me...." which is when I said to myself .."Europeans are nuts.."

20 years later I have not budged from that position.,