Man hospitalized after inserting 3-foot long cable into penis to relieve itchiness

webfact

Man hospitalized after inserting 3-foot long cable into penis to relieve itchiness

Philippine Daily Inquirer 

48767512_M-660x440.jpg

INQUIRER.net stock photo

Chinese doctors removed a one-meter-long cable from a man’s penis after it was inserted to relieve itchiness caused by prostatitis.

The unnamed pensioner inserted the meter-long phone charging cable to relieve the itch, but it became tangled in the bladder on the way out. According to a report by Chinese site Kanka News via Daily Mirror, a knot started to cause bleeding when the man tried to pull the cable out. He was rushed to the hospital on March 30 for medical attention.

Prostatitis causes an inflammation of the prostate gland. This leads to the development of an itch in the urethra or the passageway where urine exits the body. The itch would disappear over time once the inflammation has been treated.

Full story: http://lifestyle.inquirer.net/291056/man-hospitalized-after-inserting-3-foot-long-cable-into-penis-to-relieve-itchiness/

-- Philippine Daily Inquirer  2018-04-09

When I worked as a Medic with a hospital-based ambulance service, I once had a  patient that presented with hematuria (urinary bleeding) which started the night before. While assessing the patient's medical history he revealed that the week before he had trouble urinating and had seen his doctor who placed a foley catheter into the bladder and prescribed oral antibiotics for a urinary tract infection. He said the doctor told him the foley could be removed after he finished the prescription (I think he missed the implied part of returning to the Dr's office) so last night he attempted to remove it. He couldn't remove it himself, but his wife eventually pulled it out after much difficulty. There had been a lot of pain while pulling it out and a lot of blood after. At this point, I suspected they had not deflated the saline-filled balloon holding the foley tube inside the bladder.  When I asked if they had cut the tube before pulling it out, their faces confirmed it. One can only imagine how painful it must have been pulling an elongated saline filled balloon through one's urinary tract. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Sweet Jesus... I know what it is to have stuff inserted up there, but by medical professionals (which is my story and I am sticking to it.) There is a reason they use anesthetic....

The guy needs sectioning.

Edited by baboon