grand child best thing for retired people

lovelomsak

20 hours ago, ThaiWai said:

Saddest thread in a long time. No chance your stepwhore could raise her own kid with a stable household of her own huh? I have no respect for these girls who get a load after load dumped in them and then just dump off kid after kid in Isaan.  Have your own kids if you want them and stop running your own orphanage. You are just perpetuating the behavior by supporting it. I got a feeling you are going to be raising more kids than you know and paying every baht to raise them. 

And your problem with that is what exactly?

Does it impinge on your life or cost you anything at all?

If that is what he wants to do then good for him. He is doing something positive in and with his life.

You on the other hand sound like a sad person with a negative personality whose outlook is only for yourself.

2 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Eat a lot of onions in your household?

You really do not have to fart a lot to have the subject arise with a young one around, especially when they fart--and my grandson does not eat onions. Nevertheless, it is the Filipino word that he likes, it is phoenetically spelled, "ootoot."

• Like 1

6 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

I really, really hope I will be a Grandfather some day. But as I'm about to be 58 and my son has just been 3, it might be something I will have to miss out on emoji21.png

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Well, don't lose hope, he could easily be a father at 23 and you would be 78.

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 10:24 AM, BEVUP said:

Have no idea why these people do this

After having worked all your life & no doubt having raised kids (if not then ok ), & eventually saving for those retirement years, the young wife wants a baby

Is it because the young wife has no kids & if so why do retirees assist instead of her finding a young man

Is it for further security knowing the westerner will look after child

Some of these retirees will never see their kid/s come to maturity 

LOL. simple answer- a child locks in the ATM. It's a lot harder to walk away when one's own blood is involved.

I have no idea why the old guy agrees to go along with it.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

I really, really hope I will be a Grandfather some day. But as I'm about to be 58 and my son has just been 3, it might be something I will have to miss out on emoji21.png

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Do not worry about the future enjoy your son. I am sure he will bring years of joy into your life.

Some like you are lucky to have son's. I do not. Enjoy what you have and wait to see what happens.

• Like 2

On 4/9/2018 at 3:42 PM, Neeranam said:

Personally I could never raise another man's child, especially in Thailand.I've been asked but refused. I've been here for most my life and seen too many horror stories, especially with farang marrying women with make children. No bloody chance.

I understand the OP, it's wonderful the first few years, but remember they get older.

I certainly understand your point. My wife feels the same, she says she could not possibly raise a child that was not her own. Although our grandchild is our own flesh and blood and his parents do raise him, I don't think I would have a problem raising another man's child; if it started at an early age. If the child is already grown, there can be additional issues. I say that based on being a step-child myself. My father died when I was one, and I got my first step-father at three; he was really the only father I knew, I loved him and he showed me he loved me.  My mother and he divorced when I was a teenager and she remarried. My second step-father was a nice guy, he and I grew to love and respect each other. I realized my mother was happier with him. I also still saw my first step-father. Of course, I may have been a more well-adjusted teenager, but the situation caused me no hate and discontent. I always loved my mother and I had two father-figures to rely upon.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

LOL. simple answer- a child locks in the ATM. It's a lot harder to walk away when one's own blood is involved.

I so wish I didn’t agree with this, but reality is it’s true.

Many Thai women seem to think, and I’ve heard this phrase more than once “I have his baby he loves me more” 

Now experience should tell them that Thai men don’t give  rats ass about that, and will happily walk away and knock up the next woman they get involved with, without any financial responsibility, or indeed any interest for previous kids. You don't see many nasty child custody cases here!

Now for most western men, we take the opposite view. Our kids are blood, we want to be involved, so the fact that your child is there does indeed bind you

• Like 2

I have 2 daughters, both in their early 30's. One of them has given me the greatest gift of being the grandfather of 26 months old girl and a 9 months old boy. We all live in the same house, dad works fly in fly out and is only home one week in three.

If I'd have known grandkids were SO much FUN, I'd have had them first. I'm 69 and I help with feeding, changing and all the other 'chores' that involve bringing up young kids and I  LOVE every minute of it. 

Enjoy it whilst you can mate! They help keep you young(ish)!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Poppy Dave said:

I have 2 daughters, both in their early 30's. One of them has given me the greatest gift of being the grandfather of 26 months old girl and a 9 months old boy. We all live in the same house, dad works fly in fly out and is only home one week in three.

If I'd have known grandkids were SO much FUN, I'd have had them first. I'm 69 and I help with feeding, changing and all the other 'chores' that involve bringing up young kids and I  LOVE every minute of it. 

Enjoy it whilst you can mate! They help keep you young(ish)!

I am the same..The grandchild is blessing.I help the wife take care of her. Feed her,hold her ,even help with pamper change. I love every minute of it. Today she got her car seat. The wife could  not wait to get her in it and take a picture. 

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 1:48 PM, lovelomsak said:

I am the same..The grandchild is blessing.I help the wife take care of her. Feed her,hold her ,even help with pamper change. I love every minute of it. Today she got her car seat. The wife could  not wait to get her in it and take a picture. 

Good for you, but ( and this is for all the men that think changing a dirty nappy is doing something special ) it's really no big deal.

When I was doing maternity as part of my training I changed dozens of nappies every day. 

Have to say I enjoyed the maternity part of my training. Way easier than looking after adults.

It's also the only part of medicine that deals with happy patients ( new mothers ) rather than sick and unhappy ones.

On 09/04/2018 at 11:24 AM, BEVUP said:

Have no idea why these people do this

After having worked all your life & no doubt having raised kids (if not then ok ), & eventually saving for those retirement years, the young wife wants a baby

Is it because the young wife has no kids & if so why do retirees assist instead of her finding a young man

Is it for further security knowing the westerner will look after child

Some of these retirees will never see their kid/s come to maturity 

Cos it's an easy cop out.  Thai women love leuk kreung the old monger gets his sex toy and a kid he has to take absolutely no responsibility for and <deleted> all money to raise if he chooses too. And the Thai girl gets her little half half baby the house and the car to play with after he drops dead. Who said any of these old bustards wanted to see these kids come to  maturity? 

On 10/04/2018 at 8:39 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

Cos the old guy wanted a sex toy the baby saves him all the time of needing to interact talk or deal with his wife except for the time when he needs an empty. You think these 50, 60, 70+ year old men have annnnything in common with the 20 year old birds they shack up with. Seems they will basically give them anything house, car, business, children as long as they are getting their old fella sucked regularly. 

Edited by starky
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, starky said:

Cos the old guy wanted a sex toy the baby saves him all the time of needing to interact talk or deal with his wife except for the time when he needs an empty. You think these 50, 60, 70+ year old men have annnnything in common with the 20 year old birds they shack up with. Seems they will basically give them anything house, car, business, children as long as they are getting their old fella sucked regularly. 

Don't hold back now, tell us how you really feel ahahaaa. The way I see it it's a win win for all involved. The kid gets a life, has a decent house, 2 loving parents, a chance at life the majority of kids in Thailand don't have, the mother gets a much better life, the old man gets a second chance at a family life with the joys of raising a child. 

This may not be for you and that's fine. This topic of older guys with kids really gets some guys to get pretty nasty.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Good for you, but ( and this is for all the men that think changing a dirty nappy is doing something special ) it's really no big deal.

When I was doing maternity as part of my training I changed dozens of nappies every day. 

Have to say I enjoyed the maternity part of my training. Way easier than looking after adults.

It's also the only part of medicine that deals with happy patients ( new mothers ) rather than sick and unhappy ones.

Both of my sons have peed,crapped and puked on me when they were young. My clothes can be washed, I can shower and shampoo so it was no big deal and cannot replace they joy of caring and loving a small child and helping it through its early days in the world.

2 hours ago, starky said:

Cos it's an easy cop out.  Thai women love leuk kreung the old monger gets his sex toy and a kid he has to take absolutely no responsibility for and <deleted> all money to raise if he chooses too. And the Thai girl gets her little half half baby the house and the car to play with after he drops dead. Who said any of these old bustards wanted to see these kids come to  maturity? 

Thank you for calling me an old bastard. Old I accept, but  a bustard, never.

When I married my wife 18 years I didn't buy a sex toy but I did marry a 28 year old woman. Sure I bought a house, land and a car and I did exactly the same in the UK when I was married before.

When my UK wife wasn't working whose money do you think we were spending? If I had died while still married in the UK who do you think would have kept the house, money and the car?

So please explain the difference between my former UK wife and my current Thai wife.

And FYI I have taken the responsibility of raising my Thai son in exactly the same way that I took the responsibility of my UK son who is now 40 and married with 2 kids of his own.

• Like 1

On 4/10/2018 at 1:50 PM, billd766 said:

And your problem with that is what exactly?

Does it impinge on your life or cost you anything at all?

If that is what he wants to do then good for him. He is doing something positive in and with his life.

You on the other hand sound like a sad person with a negative personality whose outlook is only for yourself.

Well to me I couldn't care less what these people do

But the thread is about the Grand children who are usually dumped on the Grandparents due to uncaring parents or the one's that both have to work to maintain the house that the Grandparents are staying in that actually belongs to the parents

So know that this thread has drifted ( & i even mentioned before ), I cannot understand why a 60 + yr old Falang needs to have a child unless he has never had on prior 

The poor excuse of having to give a young woman one doesn't stick with me, maybe they should grow a set (Oh actually they have a set & they still work )

I married a woman 5 yrs younger then my self (& she looking like 20 ) & we were happy to have 1 child at our age in which we would be able to look after to well into his majurity 

4 minutes ago, BEVUP said:

Well to me I couldn't care less what these people do

But the thread is about the Grand children who are usually dumped on the Grandparents due to uncaring parents or the one's that both have to work to maintain the house that the Grandparents are staying in that actually belongs to the parents

So know that this thread has drifted ( & i even mentioned before ), I cannot understand why a 60 + yr old Falang needs to have a child unless he has never had on prior 

The poor excuse of having to give a young woman one doesn't stick with me, maybe they should grow a set (Oh actually they have a set & they still work )

I married a woman 5 yrs younger then my self (& she looking like 20 ) & we were happy to have 1 child at our age in which we would be able to look after to well into his majurity 

Try rereading the OP which has nothing to do with grandchildren dumped onto the grandparents.

I can and have explained about young children and their parents but I cannot understand it for you.

16 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Try rereading the OP which has nothing to do with grandchildren dumped onto the grandparents.

I can and have explained about young children and their parents but I cannot understand it for you.

Not hard to understand, I will quote some of the sayings to make it easier for you

" This being Thailand we will raise the Grand child "

" I f you see an old man walking along with a young child & wife, we should think our selves lucky we can do this as this is Thailand "

Might not be word for word but does it make it clearer ?

8 hours ago, BEVUP said:

Not hard to understand, I will quote some of the sayings to make it easier for you

" I f you see an old man walking along with a young child & wife, we should think our selves lucky we can do this as this is Thailand "

I need to reply to this to clarify.

This being Thailand we will raise the Grand child " 

The above quote was meant to state that being Thailand that is the way it is done. My wife's mother and father raised her 2 children for the first 2 years of their life. She didnot dump them on the parents  it was expected that is the way it is done. My wife who has 2 degrees and had her first child at 26 and stayed faithfully with a drunkard husband for 17 years,she did it that way so we do it that way..  So your analysis of what happens inside Thai culture is warped a little.

I added that quote because we are lucky to be able to enjoy taking care of the young and being part of their life and not just looking from the outside.In Thailand it can be done and get support. Many countries with citizens much like yourself look down on it.To be old and get the unconditional love of a baby keeps men young and happy. Here we can do it.and enjoy doing it.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BEVUP said:

Not in the slightest. 

lovelomsak at post#79 said it far better than I could and I thank him for it.

3 hours ago, lovelomsak said:

I need to reply to this to clarify.

This being Thailand we will raise the Grand child " 

The above quote was meant to state that being Thailand that is the way it is done. My wife's mother and father raised her 2 children for the first 2 years of their life. She didnot dump them on the parents  it was expected that is the way it is done. My wife who has 2 degrees and had her first child at 26 and stayed faithfully with a drunkard husband for 17 years,she did it that way so we do it that way..  So your analysis of what happens inside Thai culture is warped a little.

I added that quote because we are lucky to be able to enjoy taking care of the young and being part of their life and not just looking from the outside.In Thailand it can be done and get support. Many countries with citizens much like yourself look down on it.To be old and get the unconditional love of a baby keeps men young and happy. Here we can do it.and enjoy doing it.