Lucky escape as Burmese workers survive another minivan inferno

snoop1130

Lucky escape as Burmese workers survive another minivan inferno

hgjgjk.JPG

Another accident has hit workers from Myanmar.

Following last week's accident in which 20 workers were burnt alive came news from Tak that a minivan carrying 14 laborers had burst into flames.

On this occasion all the men and the driver managed to flee in time before the vehicle was engulfed.

Driver Singthong Sukprasert, 52, said he fell asleep at the wheel while taking the workers from Bangkok to the border town of Mae Sot. 

The van ended up in the central reservation after he lost control and a rear tire exploded. 

The accident happened on Pahonyothin road between kilometer markers 495 and 496 in Wang Jao district. 

Workers in the van said they all got out quick and there were no injuries. Within 3/4 minutes the van was ablaze.

Firemen said it was hard to extinguish the blaze as two gas tanks were fueling the conflagration. 

The workers felt lucky to be alive as relatives contacted them from Myanmar worried about their safety following last week's tragedy. 

Source: https://www.dailynews.co.th/regional/637212

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-4-9

17 minutes ago, kannot said:

that bloody  tyre!!!

Once and only once did I do a journey in a minivan to Poipet as an older mate wanted help and company, never since have I even considered it.

When the journey started I was 50 something and at the end of the day I had aged another 20 years I reckon.