FBI raids offices, home of Trump's personal lawyer: source

webfact

9 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

I'm a Democrat from California.  I have two similarly beautiful daughters who have just /just about to graduate college. I've encouraged them not to take shortcuts in pursuing their respective careers..

You sure don't talk like a Democrat. I think DINO is the oft used sobriquet.
I am glad you have good daughters. Good luck to them.
Again, taking a JD and persevering in passing the bar, and campaigning for and being elected to public office are NOT shortcuts.
Here are a few facts, not political innuendo manufactured by Terrence Hallinan:
https://www.salon.com/2013/04/05/kamala_harris_deserves_better/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bill Miller said:

You sure don't talk like a Democrat. I think DINO is the oft used sobriquet.
I am glad you have good daughters. Good luck to them.
Again, taking a JD and persevering in passing the bar, and campaigning for and being elected to public office are NOT shortcuts.
Here are a few facts, not political innuendo manufactured by Terrence Hallinan:
https://www.salon.com/2013/04/05/kamala_harris_deserves_better/

Leftist trash trash. Hey I like this game!

• Sad 1

On ‎4‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 10:25 AM, lannarebirth said:

to ensure the understanding of the American people, all of them, it is time for Mueller to give an update, even a vague one, on the nature and scope of his investigation. He need not divulge anything that would be harmful to his further investigations but he should give the public something to promote their civil forbearance.

Somewhat difficult to give an update when he probably has nothing to implicate Trump in a "high crime", regardless of the overwhelming desire of all anti Trumpers that there is something.

I say that because if there were something "there" it would have been leaked by now. As it hasn't, I have to assume there is nothing to leak.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Somewhat difficult to give an update when he probably has nothing to implicate Trump in a "high crime", regardless of the overwhelming desire of all anti Trumpers that there is something.

I say that because if there were something "there" it would have been leaked by now. As it hasn't, I have to assume there is nothing to leak.

What JCauto said :cool:

On 4/10/2018 at 12:06 AM, lannarebirth said:

I don't know what he may have done but I'm confident Mueller will find it, if it exists.  If they do find something I hope it is something more than his clumsy attempts at obstruction, which to my mind is just Trump being Trump, though most likely unlawful.

I agree with your assessment. If the end result is only an obstruction charge, then there will be some cause for anger and outrage on the right even though it is certainly breaking the law.

But I think we all know that a man who lies as easily as he breathes, who has demonstrated a lifelong disdain for the law, who hangs out with the Mafia and who has used legions of lawyers as another tool to defraud and cheat those with less resources will almost break the law out of habit. His "red line" was pretty much of an admission that any close scrutiny of his life would bring forth a cornucopia of vice, crime and corruption and that's exactly what has happened. I have no fear that there will be a paltry "obstruction of justice" charge and nothing else. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, JCauto said:

I agree with your assessment. If the end result is only an obstruction charge, then there will be some cause for anger and outrage on the right even though it is certainly breaking the law.

But I think we all know that a man who lies as easily as he breathes, who has demonstrated a lifelong disdain for the law, who hangs out with the Mafia and who has used legions of lawyers as another tool to defraud and cheat those with less resources will almost break the law out of habit. His "red line" was pretty much of an admission that any close scrutiny of his life would bring forth a cornucopia of vice, crime and corruption and that's exactly what has happened. I have no fear that there will be a paltry "obstruction of justice" charge and nothing else. 

The irony of this "Russia Investigation" is my gut feeling is that there's probably nothing to tie Trump personally to any kind of collusion to thwart the elective process BUT I can't imagine that there isn't a whole string of offenses from his private life and business dealings. I agree with you 100%. The Teflon Don has got a Dorian Gray like picture hanging in his attic somewhere.

I've got a question for those more invested in this than myself. If Trump resigned tomorrow, does the investigation into him personally (not the Russia Collusion aspect) come to an end or does it continue? If it comes to an end, I think that is enough impetus for him to resign in the not too distant future., though I've got that wrong before.

Edited by lannarebirth
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Jingthing said:

The claims of "trump" being clean are really getting pathetic now. He's cornered. He knows it. It's weird that all of his supporters don't seem to know it by now.

They know it. They are still 'feeling lucky'. That's the difference.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

There's no irony and no guts and no picture and no teflon. Just a few Trump supporters spinning this way and that.

The Trump supporters are unlikely to face indictments, disgrace or impeachment. and I doubt they've come around to the establishment view. Better to seek common ground IMO than to vilify.

5 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

The Trump supporters are unlikely to face indictments, disgrace or impeachment. and I doubt they've come around to the establishment view. Better to seek common ground IMO than to vilify.

Common ground meaning 'common ground' to get Trump off the hook rather than being impaled on it. So, some supporters now looking for a minor misdemeanor charge to close the book. No sale.

5 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

Common ground meaning 'common ground' to get Trump off the hook rather than being impaled on it. So, some supporters now looking for a minor misdemeanor charge to close the book. No sale.

Isn't a misdemeanor still a "high crime or misdemeanor"?  Anyway I haven't read where they were looking for misdemeanor charges.

3 minutes ago, Andaman Al said:

I can't see how it can come to an end. The Russia investigation has led to the Investigation team being taken down a myriad of paths all leading to strong evidence of "other crime". Will the FBI give up and give a free pass to someone who likely has committed enough financial crime to warrant a matching cell next to Bernie Madoff. Had Trump been quiet, had he been a real American patriot supportive of his law enforcement people perhaps a resignation would have prompted a situation of putting all this at the 'bottom of the in-tray', but Trump's attack on the FBI and it's leadership has been so public and visceral that I am sure the FBI operatives will not stop till they bury the guy with a 100 year sentence - and he will watch his family jailed first.

If Trump resigns then there goes his slight chance of being able to pardon himself and his 3 little piggies. Pres Pence will say God has told him not to issue a pardon. Either way I think the Don is screwed. Do i care if it's about Russia -   not in the slightest, he is a loathsome vindictive low life and karma is coming to bite his ass big time.

That sounds about right but wouldn't that cause him to dig in till they drag him out of there in cuffs?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

That sounds about right but wouldn't that cause him to dig in till they drag him out of there in cuffs?

Yup! And that is exactly what he is doing, There is nothing the FBI would love more than to have him televised being taken out in cuffs. Of course with a Trial by Congress/Senate that won't happen. Maybe for the 3 little piggies though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andaman Al said:

Yup! And that is exactly what he is doing, There is nothing the FBI would love more than to have him televised being taken out in cuffs. Of course with a Trial by Congress/Senate that won't happen. Maybe for the 3 little piggies though.

Well, that could take a long long time. If he's cornered and he knows it, it is better for the country if they find a way for him to move on willingly. He may not be bright enough to take that if offered though.

3 hours ago, lannarebirth said:

Isn't a misdemeanor still a "high crime or misdemeanor"?  Anyway I haven't read where they were looking for misdemeanor charges.

In other words, on the one hand it would take a "high crime" to be an impeachable offence, but on the other a mere "misdemeanor" would also do the trick? Is that how you interpret the relevant constitutional specification?

1 minute ago, bristolboy said:

In other words, on the one hand it would take a "high crime" to be an impeachable offence, but on the other a mere "misdemeanor" would also do the trick? Is that how you interpret the relevant constitutional specification?

A misdemeanor has a different meaning in the law now than it did at the time of the writing of the constitution, so I don't know.  My guess is if there are genuine criminal charges brought that they will not be misdemeanors. Regrdless of all that impeachment is a political process and anything at all can be included in or out if it suits.

2 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

A misdemeanor has a different meaning in the law now than it did at the time of the writing of the constitution, so I don't know.  My guess is if there are genuine criminal charges brought that they will not be misdemeanors. Regrdless of all that impeachment is a political process and anything at all can be included in or out if it suits.

But a misdemeanor never meant anything as grave as a crime. Not now, not back then. The only reasonable interpretation would have the adjective applying to both "crime" and "misdemeanor".

Edited by bristolboy

19 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

But a misdemeanor never meant anything as grave as a crime. Not now, not back then. The only reasonable interpretation would have the adjective applying to both "crime" and "misdemeanor".

19 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

I think both apply in the context of impeachment with respect to how an official discharges their duties. I do not know if crimes committed prior to one holding office apply but I reckon we are about to learn.