Are you a Loser?

bwpage3

Interesting topic. I was never married in Europe, my brothers and friends were the best examples for me that living together is enough. If one wants to go, it's easy without a divorce.

I married my Thai wife ( and she me) after one year of being with her 24/7 and I've never regret one nanosecond. ( I hope that she didn't as well)

On the other hand do I not understand people who are in their third marriage and complain about the bad and cheating Thai women and do all to give Thai women a very bad image. These are the real losers, not the women. 

• Like 2

I kind of agree with the OP in some aspects, as well as my own thoughts from what I've seen about "Loser" Farangs online.

I see lots of guys with young skinny Thai girls or older skinny attractive Thai women, and I know 99% chance they wouldn't have a shot at someone that cute in their home country because they would be considered a "Loser" by their own women.  They come here with complex that "all Thai women are clawing to get at their vast fortunes of wealth." Oh please...

These guys will be on their best behavior for a short time to get a Thai woman and then, it all goes to shit because they fall into alcoholism, abuse, or other "Loser" behaviors they probably did back home. 

Unless you meet: a prostitute, bar girl, older desperate poor gold digger, or some kind of desperate Thai woman that has to raise kids by herself and needs financial help, THEY DON'T WANT YOUR MONEY. This myth is something I see with older Farangs all the time online. If your whole relationship is on the basis of you being the "Big Shot Rich Farang", that's a "Loser" play on your part. Are you not good enough to have someone love you for being yourself? I guess not. Instead you waive around Thai Baht in exchange for an empty relationship and some sort of superiority complex ego boost. 

If you marry an intelligent, clean, responsible, educated, hard working Thai woman they don't care about YOUR money, because they have their OWN. They don't ask you for money, because they again have their OWN. If she has her own car, speaks fluent English, went to college, and has a job, you got yourself a winner most likely that's not just a poor uneducated gold digger. There is such a thing as a Thai woman that was raised with respect and love and taught how to be independent and hard working.

If a good Thai woman divorces you and goes after your Farang dollars, I think she knows exactly where to hit you to make you pay for tying up valuable years of her life and happiness. Thai women will do anything to make you happy, if you don't appreciate that fact compared to the reality of dating most western women, she has every right to take your money because you're probably a "Loser" jerk that doesn't treat people well.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Raffy said:

I kind of agree with the OP in some aspects, as well as my own thoughts from what I've seen about "Loser" Farangs online.

I see lots of guys with young skinny Thai girls or older skinny attractive Thai women, and I know 99% chance they wouldn't have a shot at someone that cute in their home country because they would be considered a "Loser" by their own women.  They come here with complex that "all Thai women are clawing to get at their vast fortunes of wealth." Oh please...

These guys will be on their best behavior for a short time to get a Thai woman and then, it all goes to shit because they fall into alcoholism, abuse, or other "Loser" behaviors they probably did back home. 

Unless you meet: a prostitute, bar girl, older desperate poor gold digger, or some kind of desperate Thai woman that has to raise kids by herself and needs financial help, THEY DON'T WANT YOUR MONEY. This myth is something I see with older Farangs all the time online. If your whole relationship is on the basis of you being the "Big Shot Rich Farang", that's a "Loser" play on your part. Are you not good enough to have someone love you for being yourself? I guess not. Instead you waive around Thai Baht in exchange for an empty relationship and some sort of superiority complex ego boost. 

If you marry an intelligent, clean, responsible, educated, hard working Thai woman they don't care about YOUR money, because they have their OWN. They don't ask you for money, because they again have their OWN. If she has her own car, speaks fluent English, went to college, and has a job, you got yourself a winner most likely that's not just a poor uneducated gold digger. There is such a thing as a Thai woman that was raised with respect and love and taught how to be independent and hard working.

If a good Thai woman divorces you and goes after your Farang dollars, I think she knows exactly where to hit you to make you pay for tying up valuable years of her life and happiness. Thai women will do anything to make you happy, if you don't appreciate that fact compared to the reality of dating most western women, she has every right to take your money because you're probably a "Loser" jerk that doesn't treat people well.

Did it ever cross your mind that some guys care more about how a girl looks and how much fun she is and not so much what she learned and what she earns, etc.?

Many guys could have a 40 year old "good" woman with a decent job. For some guys that is what they want. But others prefer a hot young girl who looks great and is fun. And if such a girl cost some money so what? Lets have fun. That's a lot better than dying together with a boring old woman with lot of money in the bank.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Did it ever cross your mind that some guys care more about how a girl looks and how much fun she is and not so much what she learned and what she earns, etc.?

Many guys could have a 40 year old "good" woman with a decent job. For some guys that is what they want. But others prefer a hot young girl who looks great and is fun. And if such a girl cost some money so what? Lets have fun. That's a lot better than dying together with a boring old woman with lot of money in the bank.

I believe this is the kind of guy you're describing? :laugh:

Man-Withdraws-Cash-from-ATM-in-Thailand-The-Internet-Responds__605.jpg

"Lots of men get married, stay married, educate their children, get along with their families and seem to know how to be a man, loving husband, father etc. Evident by the number of people married 10 years or more."

Well, what you do not know, you do not know etc, but there is alot of loosers among the ones who think they managed to organize everything perfect and everything seems to be perfect. Just think about it, and you have seen it, and you know it. After 10 years, you know what I am talking about.

Edited by Hummin

10 hours ago, HampiK said:

How you know, that in Thailand so many marriages fail?

The problem the people who not have problem most of the time not post about it, only when something is going wrong.

Check the topics? How many tell about something good happens and how many about something going wrong?

...The article noted that in the district of Khon Kaen in Thailand during a 3 month period a total of 143 divorces occurred which was between a Thai and a foreigner. The judge noted that most of these cases had been filed by the Thai wife and not the foreigner. The main reason for these divorces had been that the Thai women did not get the marriage they had expected. 

Could be husband was a loser?

10 hours ago, owl sees all said:

A lot of guys come to Thailand for adventure in their latter years. They find romance, companionship and love. Often leading to marriage and sometimes a kiddie.

What these farang don't always understand is that invariably the women who was hugging them so closely in the early days has a different (and secret/hidden) agenda. When push has come to shove, the farang is left contemplating why/how the  relationship deteriorated so far; and often so fast.

I've been in Thailand (Isaan) for 10 years now and I've watched as couple after couple have seemingly insurmountable problems, culminating in their relationships falling apart. I can honestly say that in most, the whole catastrophe has been orchestrated by the wife and her family.

I find it amazing how many western men can be outsmarted by Isaan women, many who have less than a high school education. Sometimes these men want to believe to much in their own dream, rather than understand all the red flags going off

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Emster23 said:

If you are concerned about whether you are a winner or a loser, may I suggest you are a loser even if you are a "winner"

People that write these types of comments must have touched a nerve.

2 minutes ago, bwpage3 said:

I find it amazing how many western men can be outsmarted by Isaan women, many who have less than a high school education. Sometimes these men want to believe to much in their own dream, rather than understand all the red flags going off

Should never underestimate streetsmartness. It beets any IQ  

always have a big enough carrot in the end, but never give in, and you will find out how much love there is before to late.

5 hours ago, Time Traveller said:

Well I wonder why the OP (and you also it seems) care so much that other people are losers? Do you get bothered by them? Are those losers making you feel inadequate?  Or is it a case of seeing in those "losers" a mirror reflective of your own lives?

Guess we should all be grateful for the OP's supreme knowledge and lecturing everything about everything they are doing wrong. But don't hide your talents behind these anonymous webforums. Go out onto the streets and teach the losers, let them benefit from your special wisdom. You'd have to be a selfish self centered ass not to, right? 

Come OP, share your gift with the world !

My god are you ok man?

Any idea why we have this forum?

To stimulate emotions

Don't read too deep into it, don't make it personal.

I write the posts, I don't bothered by much of anything these days

2 hours ago, soalbundy said:

what a stupid topic from an arrogant man, there are no losers in life, it is a learning process, some take longer than others, some are unfortunate enough to be dealt a bad hand and yet like Prof. Hawkins rise above it, some, like Trump, cannot rise above themselves, it isn't even his fault his mental make up won't allow it. Stop thinking you are in control, what happens happens because it can be no other way. Think about why you started this post.

Why did I start this post?

Why not? So easy to get everyone spooled up over nothing

Then from the comments, you can really understand who is unbalanced and a loser

Trying to answer a post "Are you a loser"

2 hours ago, Raffy said:

Very refreshing to see someone tell the truth.

Bravo!

56 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I have something like this in mind:

fun.jpg.6b2c012a80a67ec39c9889e6fa898f76.jpg

And reading your comment it seems you prefer probably something like that:

FunOver.jpg.874021392e742158b8f1c4404985efeb.jpg

Enjoy your life! I enjoy mine...

Why does the big guy have a vibrator in his hand? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

How about the ones that want the hot young girl, have some fun, lose everything they own and want to commit suicide?

How about those guys?

53 minutes ago, Hummin said:

"Lots of men get married, stay married, educate their children, get along with their families and seem to know how to be a man, loving husband, father etc. Evident by the number of people married 10 years or more."

Well, what you do not know, you do not know etc, but there is alot of loosers among the ones who think they managed to organize everything perfect and everything seems to be perfect. Just think about it, and you have seen it, and you know it. After 10 years, you know what I am talking about.

Give some examples so we can have a clue what you are referring to?

25 minutes ago, bwpage3 said:

Give some examples so we can have a clue what you are referring to?

When you have been here long enough, you see whats happens around you, but you have no clue what going on around you. I have seen it enough times, and I do not even bother telling them whats happens in front of their own eyes. If you do, they deny everything, gets mad at you, and blaim you for everything, and ruin their perfect marriage. 

Have you heard about Stockholm syndrome? 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Hummin said:

When you have been here long enough, you see whats happens around you, but you have no clue what going on around you. I have seen it enough times, and I do not even bother telling them whats happens in front of their own eyes. If you do, they deny everything, gets mad at you, and blaim you for everything, and ruin their perfect marriage. 

Have you heard about Stockholm syndrome? 

Good point

I think what many posters in TV forget is that it is possible to fall in love. You rarely read a post where a man has admitted he fell in love and wanted to do everything for his loved one.

A man (or woman) in love is not 100% rationale and may not want to see or hear the truth. I don't think such a person is a loser. 

You can't always intellectualize love. It seems to me that the OP is saying that those who never marry, or those who only think with their (big) head (never their heart) are winners. 

24 minutes ago, Stevemercer said:

I think what many posters in TV forget is that it is possible to fall in love. You rarely read a post where a man has admitted he fell in love and wanted to do everything for his loved one.

A man (or woman) in love is not 100% rationale and may not want to see or hear the truth. I don't think such a person is a loser. 

You can't always intellectualize love. It seems to me that the OP is saying that those who never marry, or those who only think with their (big) head (never their heart) are winners. 

What is love? Attraction? Desire? Egoistic selfish action? 

Love, is mutual respect and mutual equal feelings, long time after attraction and desire have left you. 

6 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Guys looking at all the marriage problems tallying the numbers quoting the titles and feeling very useful blasting everyone who contributes. Guys a commentator of posts a real w H in-nger. 

That's the good thing about forums.

I can post what I want and you can resort to name calling.

10 hours ago, owl sees all said:

Often the narrative is soooo  different from the wives before the marriage.

If a Thai lady marries a Thai it wouldn't be expected for him to hand over everything to her family until there's nothing left. With the farang it's different; they expect to get his money; all of it. It's when they can't get their hands on the goodies, that trouble often starts.

Farang should understand that greed drives this country; from top to bottom. Not always appreciated by farang in their early days here. I've learnt the hard way; as have thousands of others.

For further reading I suggest 'Poison brother-in-law' by Rc2702, 2017. Heart-rendering, sad and funny but at the same time enlightening and informative.

Greed (and violence) doesn't drive the USA or the British Empire etc etc...and countless other nations. Who has a Volker colonial history than the Belgians. Many Europeans come here,think they're  smart, they don't know the game or the rules...so they lose..