Ford Everest v Toyota Fortuna

Macnick

On 4/12/2018 at 9:40 AM, superal said:

Did you ever consider the Chevrolet Trailblazer z71 which has some good features and looks or the Isuzu MU-X . Interested to hear your opinion  

No I didn't.  I have a visceral dislike of Chevrolet (based on zero personal experience I have to say), so it never appeared on my radar screen

• Like 1

On 4/11/2018 at 10:17 PM, DavisH said:

Did you drive either of the cr-v or the cx-5? The cx-5 is faster but the cr-v has more space. Depends on priorities I guess.

I drove the CX-5 and enjoyed it.  Just drove the CRV around the block as they didn't have a proper demo car.  I think I could be happy with either, but the Honda just felt better made.

Hard to get definitive performance figures on both cars' latest engines but best I could discover both will do 0-100 in about 9.5 seconds 

8 hours ago, VirgoSG said:

I drove the CX-5 and enjoyed it.  Just drove the CRV around the block as they didn't have a proper demo car.  I think I could be happy with either, but the Honda just felt better made.

Hard to get definitive performance figures on both cars' latest engines but best I could discover both will do 0-100 in about 9.5 seconds 

I could be happy with either, but the Honda just felt better made...

Honda  cvt really rules it out for you ...pity

On 4/13/2018 at 8:34 AM, transam said:

Noooo, it is the reliability fact....

На на...fall off the bumper, the seats are rubbed, all like a ratchet. it's like a Chinese car and not like toyota.

Cygnus, harrier this is Toyota. What make in Thailand I can't called its Toyota:)))

I could be happy with either, but the Honda just felt better made...

Honda  cvt really rules it out for you ...pity
The Honda CRV is really a lot smaller than the Fortuner or Everest or Pajero or Trailblazer. For me the CRV compares to the Mazda CX5 or Nissan X-trail or Chevrolet Captiva.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

7 hours ago, Robert24 said:

The Honda CRV is really a lot smaller than the Fortuner or Everest or Pajero or Trailblazer. For me the CRV compares to the Mazda CX5 or Nissan X-trail or Chevrolet Captiva.

Yes but many people could use any on that list.   

Fortuner and Everest get more serious 4WD capability and a little more boot / 3rd row seat space. 

The CR-V, CX-5 and X-Trail are a bit nicer to drive round town.  The CR-V and X-Trail still have reasonably spacious interiors.  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ardokano said:

На на...fall off the bumper, the seats are rubbed, all like a ratchet. it's like a Chinese car and not like toyota.

Cygnus, harrier this is Toyota. What make in Thailand I can't called its Toyota:)))

Bugger me ardo, you STILL driving that rubbish POS car?

If Thais choose Toyota, then it must be the best...

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

The Thais don’t buy the best cars. They buy the brand they know and the look at the resale value. So you see a lot of these crappy Honda City and Toyota Vios, even there are better cars on the market.
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, JaseTheBass said:

He's not the only one who bought one. Loads of sheeple have Dullotas.

Sent from my R2D2 droid using my C3P0 manservant

Ha ha. I could not imagine what the company that did  Cygnus, harrier, mark 2, mark X and many another CARS, could create such a misunderstanding of world car.

Ofcouse before I see Camry... But Fortuner much more bad...

Edited by ardokano

The Thais don’t buy the best cars. They buy the brand they know and the look at the resale value. So you see a lot of these crappy Honda City and Toyota Vios, even there are better cars on the market.
Jing lor..? [emoji849]

Sent from my R2D2 droid using my C3P0 manservant

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/4/2561 at 6:05 PM, fredob43 said:

Here's one to get your teeth into. I was out earlier having an alfresco coffee. In the 1 hour I was out I noticed how many new Tuna's passed, I counted 17 all types of models. I also counted how many Everest's that was a tad easier as that amounted to 0. Conclusion Thai's like Toyo's and not Fords. Just think as you drive around how much your Everest is depreciating against a Tuna. Worth thinking about anyway.

Who cares. I bought my Everest as I like it (strangely enough) I didn't buy it as an investment and franlky don't give a monkies what it will be worth in 5 years compared to a 'Tune'....live a little man.

• Like 2

I think they’re all good. Look at them, drive them, and pick the one you like the best.

I would have been more concerned with Ford service a few years ago, but their dealers seem to be sprouting up everywhere.

If good service everywhere is a big concern, Toyota or Isuzu.

• Like 2

Who cares. I bought my Everest as I like it (strangely enough) I didn't buy it as an investment and franlky don't give a monkies what it will be worth in 5 years compared to a 'Tune'....live a little man.
Well to be honest it does matter. At least it's a factor to be considered. You will loose 200-300k more on a Ford vs a Toyota when you trade it in for a newer model.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Robert24 said:

Well to be honest it does matter. At least it's a factor to be considered. You will loose 200-300k more on a Ford vs a Toyota when you trade it in for a newer model.

Not to me ... mine will be three years old in November ...after that I have two more years of warranty...unless I can find some way of reducing what I think is our very high rate of going through money ... I can't see it ever being replaced.... not that I would want to ...

To me driving enjoyment is up there along with a three litre capri and a triumph stag of which I had from new yonks ago...

I love the power surge and the boat like ride ... under hard acceleration it must sound just as good as TA's fun car ...........:smile:

Edited by JAS21
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, JAS21 said:

Not to me ... mine will be three years old in November ...after that I have two more years of warranty...unless I can find some way of reducing what I think is our very high rate of going through money ... I can't see it being replaced.

To me driving enjoyment is up there along with a three litre capri and a triumph stag of which I had from new ...

I love the power surge and the boat like ride ... under hard acceleration it must sound just as good as TA's fun car ...........:smile:

Though I reckon the Stag was a bit of a "deer"....:sad:

• Like 1

Not to me ... mine will be three years old in November ...after that I have two more years of warranty...unless I can find some way of reducing what I think is our very high rate of going through money ... I can't see it ever being replaced.... not that I would want to ...

To me driving enjoyment is up there along with a three litre capri and a triumph stag of which I had from new yonks ago...

Nothing against the EV, but claiming it sounds like a lopey-cam big-block pancho might be a stretch..

“There’s no replacement for displacement.”

“Bigger isn’t necessary better, but bigger is absolutely more.”

2 minutes ago, mogandave said:

Nothing against the EV, but claiming it sounds like a lopey-cam big-block pancho might be a stretch..

“There’s no replacement for displacement.”

“Bigger isn’t necessary better, but bigger is absolutely more.”

3 hours ago, Robert24 said:

Even if your guestimate is correct, I still don't care. The car will stay in the family if and when I want another one. I bought the Everest because that is what I like as opposed to driving around in a car for 5 years that I don't like much just so I might save 200k. It's very simple.

Edited by Pat in Pattaya
  • Like 2

Even if your guestimate is correct, I still don't care. The car will stay in the family if and when I want another one. I bought the Everest because that is what I like as opposed to driving around in a car for 5 years that I don't like much just so I might save 200k. It's very simple.

Yeah, buy what you like. Resale value is good, but only when you sell it or it gets stolen. If you do not plan to sell, it means nothing.

That said, given the increase in popularity of the Ranger and Everest, I’m guessing the resale gap will get be reduced.

I would bet 10 year old Rangers and Everests are worth more today than they were three years ago...