The cult of Prayut Chan-o-cha

webfact

2 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

Biggest bunch of BS I have read in a awhile. More like the boot lickers are speaking up. As far as I know and hear from my kids and Thai friends, his popularity is not higher than a skid mark in the toilette. 

I'm guessing we have different types of Thai friends.The Isaan working class is important but it doesn't have the final say.Among  the educated middle class there is a great deal of support for Prayuth as a non elected PM.Don't forget he won a national mandate for his constitution - which if nothing else demonstrates a level of support it's important not to underestimate.

I doubt whether your views on Prayuth are much different from mine.But we should be careful not to pretend there aren't strong winds blowing in his favour.That said I think the course being plotted is exceedingly dangerous as anyone with knowledge of Thai history would understand.But it's Songkran now and my coffee awaits.The future can be considered on another day.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Samui Bodoh said:

The second major point is that nowhere does it mention the illegitimacy of Prayut ruling without a mandate from the Thai people. In fact, it fails to mention anywhere that a mandate from the Thai people is needed.

Did you actually read the article?

3 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

Biggest bunch of BS I have read in a awhile. More like the boot lickers are speaking up. As far as I know and hear from my kids and Thai friends, his popularity is not higher than a skid mark in the toilette. 

This forum would be so much better, if the posters actually cared to read the OP before hitting the keyboard....:coffee1:

Edited by JOC

2 hours ago, HLover said:

I am no political expert but I think I know which hole you are referring to...

and many in the so  called  "govt"  will bend over backwards to get in:sick:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Instead of relying on people who lack the courage to tell the general he is naked

A vain emperor and his close friend who wares watches, believe they are chosen for greatness and gets his tailor to make new clothes that are invisible. The crowd does not dare to admit to being stupid goes along with the pretence. A child in the crowd eventually says they are naked, one not silly as he has no willy. Adaptation of a H.C. Anderson story