What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

akirasan

I've just put some 'go faster stripes' on my 'looks as if it will go faster' supa-dupa 5 year old Suzuki Swift non-turbo little town run-around.

It even has 92hp and will top 150kmh going down hill with the windows closed! :smile:

Car1.thumb.jpg.836408b7d3064b9d7398ac7bc4c9c158.jpg&key=54006c98d8a2de745accea0c2fac267198c0754068f2b82062b55e97b7a277e8

Car2.thumb.jpg.57dd552626e4f1bdb161c8337850649d.jpg&key=e321dbeb47830ab9e1e649700a72417809865ae679b5229e3970151f6d4a2f57

Car3.thumb.jpg.cd9c4ec5e9fd493c741ade0d8d9a5ec9.jpg&key=27b83f227611b6a5c638cda3a06d9c6de31a279d57b304d8bf81ba6f1d952c4a

What’s the scoop for on that bonnet?

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, siamcrut said:

What’s the scoop for on that bonnet?

It's a does nothing rubber 'go faster' scoop!

It improves the aerodynamics allowing me to burn off Honda Waves from a standing start at traffic lights.

BTW, I bought this matchbox as it stands 2nd hand 4 years ago as a repo at a very good price. The only thing I've added are the 'go faster' stripes.

I want to remove these three things from the door because I prefer a cleaner look generally.

Can someone tell me how they're attached? Will the paint be damaged underneath? Will it just leave a residue or will I have to get the whole door resprayed?

IMG_20180412_094540.jpg

5 minutes ago, akirasan said:

I want to remove these three things from the door because I prefer a cleaner look generally.

Can someone tell me how they're attached? Will the paint be damaged underneath? Will it just leave a residue or will I have to get the whole door resprayed?

IMG_20180412_094540.jpg

If you are referring to the chromed parts, the LT is probably attached with adhesive or double-sided 3M tape. The door handle and trim probably uses the original factory mounting holes.  You'll have to remove the interior door panel to inspect.  You'll have to buy new parts if you don't have the original factory parts to replace. The chrome handle will probably be the biggest problem. If it is attached with screws, you'll have to hide the holes.  

1 hour ago, HLover said:

I drive a low-so Proton that barely starts most of the time, shameful but a bit safer than a motorcycle.

Hey, anything is safer than a motorcycle as I know from experience because I also ride a motorcycle.

IMG_20180412_094540.thumb.jpg.4842c30e06211223df177312fd5a734a.jpg

I think you can’t remove completely but for sure there are aftermarket parts with different colors and style. To remove, mostly you have to pull the lever to open the door and you will probably find a screw in the exposed gap.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

The LT is probably glued and should be removable. Take one of the plastic discount cards from your wife’s purs and push the card behind the letters. You will have to move and twist but it should work. To remove the temaining glue, use some moisturising cream also from your wife. You can find this in the left upper mirror door if the bathroom. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

The chrome plastic bling is held on with a powerful double sided tape. Needs a lot of finger nail force to pull it off...Scrape the remaining tape off with your finger nail, no metallic tool. Buy a tin of Sonax oil spray at Tesco. Get a bit of rag, spray the glue stuff and hold the rag under it so most of the spray is in contact with the glue. Sonax will not harm the paint but will decompose the glue...

Got a new 'entertainment centre' installed and removed & replaced all the old window film on the Focus.

We first went to Amnuay Motor and they had virtually no stock and their prices were a joke (9k for a non-touch screen radio, fitted).

Just down the road is T Auto, who have a decent range on display. They installed a much better replacement audio unit for around 4k, removed and replaced the window film and properly wired up an existing traffic cam for around 3k. The film was cheap stuff, but as we don't need the gangsta look nor are we retarded enough to put it on the windscreen, that's fine for us.

The missus also gave the old girl a wash.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, JaseTheBass said:

Got a new 'entertainment centre' installed and removed & replaced all the old window film on the Focus.

We first went to Amnuay Motor and they had virtually no stock and their prices were a joke (9k for a non-touch screen radio, fitted).

Just down the road is T Auto, who have a decent range on display. They installed a much better replacement audio unit for around 4k, removed and replaced the window film and properly wired up an existing traffic cam for around 3k. The film was cheap stuff, but as we don't need the gangsta look nor are we retarded enough to put it on the windscreen, that's fine for us.

The missus also gave the old girl a wash.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Where is T auto located?

I need some sort of iphone connection for my 2003 Bimmer.

• 6 months later...
On 4/11/2018 at 10:59 AM, pgrahmm said:

Currently touring the western states with my 4 Runner....Was stored 6 years in a sealed container with a battery minder....Fired off like I'd parked it the night before....

Did full service, brakes, & tires....Smogged perfectly & the

Battery amazingly passed the load test has been perfect for 20 days touring Nevada, Utah, Arizona, California....Now on to Oregon& Washington , then down the west coast back to the bay area....

Yosemite tomorrow & Thursday...

you call your wife a  4 Runner ?   is her thai name  wingsii ?    sounds like she's a lucky gal.  last time

i took a wife to the states was 25 years ago.   (actually, you didn't say she is along, but i'm guessin)

2 hours ago, rumak said:

you call your wife a  4 Runner ?   is her thai name  wingsii ?    sounds like she's a lucky gal.  last time

i took a wife to the states was 25 years ago.   (actually, you didn't say she is along, but i'm guessin)

Nope - The SUV is the 4Runner.....

But - I've had my wife in 4 wheel drive many a time.....

Archived