What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

akirasan

7 minutes ago, tifino said:

I almost finished re-installing my anti tailgater on high beam Passive retaliation system;

it comprises 2 rolls of 13 yards long 2 inch wide 3M retroreflective tape (same as the fibre night vest stuff)

I wind this ribbon all around my cargo /dogbarrier in the rear of the wagon.

Tailgater comes up behind and is self blinding himself... getting back some inverse square ratio'd portion of his own blinding LED lighting!

Oh and it also sends just as much reflect back thru the windscreen, to corporal punish oncoming glaring lights drivers too... and also the 2 side window of the wagon have some of it too... just to catch out an attack of highbeam from all other quarters!

Going back to it's inception; at first all I wanted was to not have to continually flip the day/night mirror, but that got boring... 

The first project was to install a rear vision camera, because the fringe benefit of the tapes was that I had no direct mirror rear views. The ribbon by virtue of itself also stopped the TVscreen vision being washed out by all the tailgater's lights.

I then installed a 2nd rear cam;

both alternatively feed the same screen, as AV1 and AV2:

- one a day cam 170 degree view, which comes on auto when it detects movement i.e whenever driving. It is the direct replacement for the normal driving rear view mirror, which itself is now simply the base for the TV monitor, strapped over the mirror.

- the other a day/night IR cam 170 degrees, which auto selects for when I am in Reverse

Smoke machine works well.

Large stones dropped through a hole in the floor in

front of the rear wheel is a nuisance for followers

A bag of sticky feathers released out back as required

Fine oily mist spray is quite off putting.

A 6' pop up mirror is quite alarming.

Failing all that, a long pole with an axe tied to the end,

pivoted at the other end so that it falls in the middle

of the offending vehicles bonnet.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, talahtnut said:

Smoke machine works well.

Large stones dropped through a hole in the floor in

front of the rear wheel is a nuisance for followers

A bag of sticky feathers released out back as required

Fine oily mist spray is quite off putting.

A 6' pop up mirror is quite alarming.

Failing all that, a long pole with an axe tied to the end,

pivoted at the other end so that it falls in the middle

of the offending vehicles bonnet.

the keyword is 'passive' ????

the problem goes away if they dip their lights

I did try a mirror method, tho' not a 6' one; instead a myriad of silvery CDs dangling a 'mobile' creating this randomlike flashing where many if not all momentarily flashed a reply back to...

Just wait for my description of the triple Fiamm air horns on 'time delay' project heh heh heh... 

- in 3D

Drove it to Bangkok. That's a year of driving without any trouble. There is a God in heaven. Pity it rained all the way since I had washed the car for the trip for the first time in 6 weeks without rain.

Never mind cloud seeding. If your area is suffering a drought pm me and I will come and wash my car there for a reasonable fee.

Drove it to Bangkok. That's a year of driving without any trouble. There is a God in heaven. Pity it rained all the way since I had washed the car for the trip for the first time in 6 weeks without rain.

Never mind cloud seeding. If your area is suffering a drought pm me and I will come and wash my car there for a reasonable fee.
Why would you wash a car before a road trip? You have it back the front

9 hours ago, madmen said:
10 hours ago, Denim said:

Why would you wash a car before a road trip? You have it back the front

I've always found it easier to clean a car before it gets dirty.

Archived