April 11, 20188 yr It would be nice to hear what people are doing to their cars, most of us enjoy tinkering. Not me personally but I did pay someone to put an upgraded clutch in my colorado and retune it.
April 11, 20188 yr I did the same I do most days.....tried to stop our two year old grandson stuffing bits anything he can find through the front grille.
April 11, 20188 yr Popular Post Purchased a BMW M5 F10 from Japan and reassembled in Thailand. All official..I first had the M5 E60 which I sold recently. The M5 M10 is more smooth and better suited for Thai roads. The engine is a 4.4l twin turbo has 600HP stock but is now tuned to 700.Changed exhaust to 2x3” changed break disks, tires, changed all oils and it is good to go. What I like most is the superfast gear change with a torque of + 600. I didnt buy this car for it’s speed but for the “feel” and comfort.I can enjoy this fantastic car for the price you normally pay for a new X3. Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
April 11, 20188 yr 2 minutes ago, luk AJ said: Purchased a BMW M5 F10 from Japan and reassembled in Thailand. All official.. I first had the M5 E60 which I sold recently. The M5 M10 is more smooth and better suited for Thai roads. The engine is a 4.4l twin turbo has 600HP stock but is now tuned to 700. Changed exhaust to 2x3” changed break disks, tires, changed all oils and it is good to go. What I like most is the superfast gear change with a torque of + 600. I didnt buy this car for it’s speed but for the “feel” and comfort. I can enjoy this fantastic car for the price you normally pay for a new X3. Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app That's a lotta HP./TQ...
April 11, 20188 yr Popular Post Anyone actually clean n polish their vehicles here anymore.?. Check Oil, tyre pressures etc like in the sixties, i even get huffy if i have to fill the Washer Bottle these days.
April 11, 20188 yr 1 minute ago, transam said: That's a lotta HP./TQ... Order a new washer bottle now, the plastic turns to biscuit every year.
April 11, 20188 yr Popular Post I disconnected the brakes so if I have an accident, I have a good Thai excuse!
April 11, 20188 yr That's a lotta HP./TQ...I can actually further increase to 1000HP just by changing the rotors of the turbos...Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
April 11, 20188 yr Author 20 minutes ago, luk AJ said: Purchased a BMW M5 F10 from Japan and reassembled in Thailand. All official.. I first had the M5 E60 which I sold recently. The M5 M10 is more smooth and better suited for Thai roads. The engine is a 4.4l twin turbo has 600HP stock but is now tuned to 700. Changed exhaust to 2x3” changed break disks, tires, changed all oils and it is good to go. What I like most is the superfast gear change with a torque of + 600. I didnt buy this car for it’s speed but for the “feel” and comfort. I can enjoy this fantastic car for the price you normally pay for a new X3. Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app Beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing
April 11, 20188 yr Popular Post Currently touring the western states with my 4 Runner....Was stored 6 years in a sealed container with a battery minder....Fired off like I'd parked it the night before.... Did full service, brakes, & tires....Smogged perfectly & the Battery amazingly passed the load test has been perfect for 20 days touring Nevada, Utah, Arizona, California....Now on to Oregon& Washington , then down the west coast back to the bay area.... Yosemite tomorrow & Thursday...
April 11, 20188 yr I've put some bicycle rims on my Mitsu Strada L 200 and it's much faster now. Now I'm waiting to win the lottery to buy a BMW with 1,600 horses.
April 11, 20188 yr 1 minute ago, pgrahmm said: Currently touring the western states with my 4 Runner....Was stored 6 years in a sealed container with a battery minder....Fired off like I'd parked it the night before.... Did full service, brakes, & tires....Smogged perfectly & the Battery amazingly passed the load test has been perfect for 20 days touring Nevada, Utah, Arizona, California....Now on to Oregon& Washington , then down the west coast back to the bay area.... Yosemite tomorrow & Thursday... Wish I was onboard....
April 11, 20188 yr 1 minute ago, jenny2017 said: I've put some bicycle rims on my Mitsu Strada L 200 and it's much faster now. Now I'm waiting to win the lottery to buy a BMW with 1,600 horses. Those tyres are useless on the drag strip but OK on LOS roads....
April 11, 20188 yr Just now, transam said: Those tyres are useless on the drag strip but OK on LOS roads....
April 11, 20188 yr After some overheating problems, the car's ready to go. We might drive to Mukdahan and stay a night with wife's brother who comes from Rayong.
April 11, 20188 yr 8 minutes ago, jenny2017 said: After some overheating problems, the car's ready to go. We might drive to Mukdahan and stay a night with wife's brother who comes from Rayong. Those tyres will overheat, take 20 spares....
April 11, 20188 yr 1 hour ago, luk AJ said: Purchased a BMW M5 F10 from Japan and reassembled in Thailand. All official.. I first had the M5 E60 which I sold recently. The M5 M10 is more smooth and better suited for Thai roads. The engine is a 4.4l twin turbo has 600HP stock but is now tuned to 700. Changed exhaust to 2x3” changed break disks, tires, changed all oils and it is good to go. What I like most is the superfast gear change with a torque of + 600. I didnt buy this car for it’s speed but for the “feel” and comfort. I can enjoy this fantastic car for the price you normally pay for a new X3. Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app Very nice car. Do you mind reveal what the cost were?
April 11, 20188 yr 1 hour ago, transam said: That's a lotta HP./TQ... And that's a lot of official paperwork and greased palms.
April 11, 20188 yr 1 minute ago, ExpatOilWorker said: Very nice car. Do you mind reveal what the cost were? And why adding another 100HP to create 700HP..?
April 11, 20188 yr 1 hour ago, transam said: Wish I was onboard.... Let me guess. You in a blue Trans Am?
April 11, 20188 yr Author 1 hour ago, HAKAPALITA said: Anyone actually clean n polish their vehicles here anymore.?. Check Oil, tyre pressures etc like in the sixties, i even get huffy if i have to fill the Washer Bottle these days. I have to. If I don't wash it every couple of days it disappears underneath a pile of dust. Check the fluids/tyres/hoses once a week.
April 11, 20188 yr Same same as every other day for the past year.....spent a little bit of time admireing it and regretting I ever signed it over to "she who must be obeyed".
April 11, 20188 yr 1 hour ago, transam said: And why adding another 100HP to create 700HP..? I'm still okay with my 103 horses, my driving style has changed, no more 160 km/h. It's just too dangerous out here.
April 11, 20188 yr Popular Post And why adding another 100HP to create 700HP..?Because this car is my hobby...Other people buy special running shoes or a bicycle of 100.000THb to drive around on Sundays. It is about the perfect tune of an engine.As a I have the impression you are a car lover as well, you problably understand what I mean..Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
April 11, 20188 yr And that's a lot of official paperwork and greased palms. Why? All is done according to the law. Yes it is not easy but there are specialized garages who assemble this kind of cars.Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
April 11, 20188 yr 1 minute ago, luk AJ said: Because this car is my hobby... Other people buy special running shoes or a bicycle of 100.000THb to drive around on Sundays. It is about the perfect tune of an engine. As a I have the impression you are a car lover as well, you problably understand what I mean.. Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app For sure, but I learned that one can create huge amounts of power but if you cannot put it on the black top it just goes up in smoke.. Is your ride a 4 wheel drive..?
April 11, 20188 yr 3 minutes ago, luk AJ said: Because this car is my hobby... Other people buy special running shoes or a bicycle of 100.000THb to drive around on Sundays. It is about the perfect tune of an engine. As a I have the impression you are a car lover as well, you problably understand what I mean.. Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app I get it. It's worth the time and money.
April 11, 20188 yr Popular Post Very nice car. Do you mind reveal what the cost were?I purchased this car for 3.7mill and added at least 300k to the bill for the break disks, Pirelly tires, injectors, oil changes and airco refill.I enjoy the technology, for me it is more than just a car. Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
April 11, 20188 yr 3 minutes ago, luk AJ said: Why? All is done according to the law. Yes it is not easy but there are specialized garages who assemble this kind of cars. Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app I commend you for your devotion and dedication. I simply know this country's administration is generally less than helpful in dealing with such circumstances
Create an account or sign in to comment