Nigerians arrested over alleged romance scam

webfact

Nigerians arrested over alleged romance scam

By The Nation

12-_180412_0054-1024x684.jpg

Picture: Thai Tourist Police

Three Nigerians were arrested on Wednesday over an alleged romance scam that lured Thai women to wire them money, a senior police officer said.

Pol Maj-General Surachet Hakpal, tourist police deputy commissioner, told a press conference that Ajike Ajelo Martins Junior, 39, NNamdi Elvis Ezeh, 39, and Uzochukwu Jerome Ezeneche, 41 were arrested following a court warrant issued on Monday.

Police seized a computer, four mobile phones, 23 bank books and 20 ATM cards as well as Bt715,000 in cash and 4,000 Nigeria naira (Bt350) in cash from the suspects.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30343042

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-04-12

They were pretty ubiquitous around Muang Thong, when I was hanging out in that area. Always assumed they were footballers or something. Don't have a lot against them as they were fairly well behaved. Not my problem.

Chief Surachet aka Big Joke would be a very busy man, if he was going to give a press conference every time a Thai woman was involved in a romance scam conning naive caucasians...:coffee1:

Strangely enough the women in those scams all have the same name...:"She is different"

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Cadbury said:

Exactly. They came into Vietnam by the loads about five years ago under the guise of playing soccer. They soon set up their prostitution and drug rackets and other scams. The police twigged and rounded them put them on a truck to the nearest border never to be seen again. Seems Thailand has ended up with them. 

No . They were in thialand years ago. Thailand cleared them out then they went to Cambodia then to Vietnam ten they went back to thailand . I even saw a few of them in calcutta . 

27 minutes ago, Cadbury said:

Around Nana you would be forgiven for thinking you were in darkest Africa or the Middle East.

J

9 hours ago, Happy enough said:

just stop letting them in. hardly any are here on legit business, holiday or work. maybe 1% i reckon

<deleted>, stop exaggerating....1%???

No way,  it would be closer to 100th of 1% :-)  A few years back I found one who was actually qualified as a lawyer and in practice in the UK, who was still up to his old tricks.

Edited by Belzybob
  • Haha 1