Did I make mistake?

I went in KL for visa run on 23.1 and they gave me visa until 23.4 when is my ticket back to home country (before that I had 2 months tourist visa).

Now Im not sure did I have to leave country after 60 days or go immigration for extansion? (I had to do that 2y ago when I was on 6 months multiple visa.)

You should have a stamp in your passport with an "admitted until" date. If that date has passed you are on overstay.

What kind of visa do you have? If it's a Tourist Visa it allows a 60 day stay (until 23/03/18).

Go to immigration on Tuesday, make sure you have 500 Baht per day for the overstay fine (13,000 Baht) plus 1,900 Baht for a 30 day extension.

20 minutes ago, SignUp said:

I went in KL for visa run on 23.1 and they gave me visa until 23.4 when is my ticket back to home country (before that I had 2 months tourist visa).

Now Im not sure did I have to leave country after 60 days or go immigration for extansion? (I had to do that 2y ago when I was on 6 months multiple visa.)

Trying again to understand what you did.

Did you apply for a new tourist visa at the embassy in KL on January 23rd that is valid for entry until April 23rd.

If that is is the case you got a 60 day permit to stay from it that ended last month which means you are now on an overstay. Look at your entry stamp in your passport to see what you have.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:
15 minutes ago, Crossy said:

I didn't read that he left the country Joe.

Yea I read it wrong. Post is little confusing.

Nothing in the post makes sense. It does read as if they have already left the country. 

he got a 60 day visa that was good for 3 months

he did not realize it was only good to be used till April 23rd.an thought he could stay until april23rd...

....gave me visa until 23.4 when is my ticket back to home country

he has ticket back home on april 23rd>

He is NOW 21 days overstay--- March 23rd- April 13th ( well first day he can go to immigration is tuesday the 17th cause they are closed, so 25 days overstay) 12,500 baht

You need go to immigration, pay the fine @500 baht/day an than get a 30 day visa extension ( if they will give you one) for1,900 baht

Edited by phuketrichard

Under the circumstances, his cheapest option might be a border bounce tomorrow to get a 30-day visa exempt entry. This assumes that he will be able to pay the fine at the border. The saving of 1,500 baht for three extra days overstay, plus 1,900 baht for the extension would be more expensive than an in/out to Myanmar, including travel costs.

• Like 1

Just checked stamp. Yeah, it was valid until 26.3.

I will go immigration office next week. Is it possible to somehow avoid paying 500THB per day that I was on overstay? (Is the decision on officer and how he feels that day or it's 100% I will need to pay?)

Btw what would be my best option? (usually I was going with scooter because I always rented scooter in BKK but atm I don't have it so taxi or scooter taxi? I live near central plaza rama 9 and will probably go early so I'm there when they open).

Edited by SignUp

9 minutes ago, SignUp said:

I will go immigration office next week. Is it possible to somehow avoid paying 500THB per day that I was on overstay? (Is the decision on officer and how he feels that day or it's 100% I will need to pay?)

Btw what would be my best option? (usually I was going with scooter because I always rented scooter in BKK but atm I don't have it so taxi or scooter taxi? I live near central plaza rama 9 and will probably go early so I'm there when they open).

Quite a confusing post

Your absolutely kidding if there is any way out of it

In the 10 yrs I have been coming here I had only been 1 day late & they still hit me with a 500 bht fine (Immigration just love fining us )

So get your cash together 

9 minutes ago, SignUp said:

I will go immigration office next week. Is it possible to somehow avoid paying 500THB per day that I was on overstay?

I think they collect the 500 Baht a day with a smile, no chance of avoiding it.

Take note, if they ask your passport on a road check between now and April 17, which I think is first day immigration opens, you will be in the detention center.

24 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

Take note, if they ask your passport on a road check between now and April 17, which I think is first day immigration opens, you will be in the detention center.

Best advice is to stay put from now until April 17. On 17th morning, take the MRT from Rama 9 to Chatuchak and take a taxi to Changwatana. Arrive before 8AM. Pay the fine, extend it for 30 days and become 100% legit.

I am planning to write an app that will start reminding people (two weeks before) when their stay will be over, when 90-day reporting is due, when extension is due, etc. What do you think of the demand for such an app?

Any suggestion for a name?

Edited by onera1961
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, onera1961 said:

I am planning to write an app that will start reminding people (two weeks before) when their stay will be over, when 90-day reporting is due, when extension is due, etc. What do you think of the demand for such an app?

I don't think that this App will have that big interest. Because there are already many reminder apps available. And if you put Thai specific stuff (like automatic 90 days, renewal of extension) then only people living in Thailand could be interested. But in General the Idea is good, but as I told don't think many would be interested...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, HampiK said:

I don't think that this App will have that big interest. Because there are already many reminder apps available. And if you put Thai specific stuff (like automatic 90 days, renewal of extension) then only people living in Thailand could be interested. But in General the Idea is good, but as I told don't think many would be interested...

It will be all Thai immigration and visa specific. It is not a general calendar reminder app. I am coming to Thailand on an Non O-A visa. I am wondering if I can engage some of my free time doing some thing that will be useful to people. (not thinking of money now. The app will be free). If I work on developing an app like this, does Thai immigration consider this as working or hobby?

Also any suggestion for a name is appreciated and selected name will be credited in the app

Edited by onera1961
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, onera1961 said:

What do you think of the demand for such an app?

Don't bother to write it. It exists already and it is called 'calendar'. The first thing I do after my 90 days report is to update the alarm for the next due date. Reminders come 2 weeks before per email, and 4 days (taking care of weekends) as notification. The date for the retirement extension is set as a yearly returning event, which notification like the 90 days report. It has been working beautifully since the days of my Nokia N82...

• Like 2

12 hours ago, SignUp said:

you should have done or do what Brit Tim said in post #11

14 hours ago, SignUp said:

better don't go to immigration, they can't collect fine for overstay or only collect after putting you in detection. Go directly to the nearest border or take a fly somewhere and pay at the police check.

6 minutes ago, angy said:

better don't go to immigration, they can't collect fine for overstay or only collect after putting you in detection. Go directly to the nearest border or take a fly somewhere and pay at the police check.

of course you can pay fines at immigration but if i were him under the present climate, I'd get to the nearest border ASAP instead of hanging around BKK for another 3 days on overstay

Edited by Happy enough
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, onera1961 said:

It will be all Thai immigration and visa specific. It is not a general calendar reminder app. I am coming to Thailand on an Non O-A visa. I am wondering if I can engage some of my free time doing some thing that will be useful to people. (not thinking of money now. The app will be free). If I work on developing an app like this, does Thai immigration consider this as working or hobby?

Also any suggestion for a name is appreciated and selected name will be credited in the app

It's a great idea for the absent-minded especially as you are targetting it to be helpful and not to make any money. I personally wouldn't worry about Immigration on something like this. You are helping free of charge. They don't arrest the Foreigners picking up litter and cleaning the beaches free of charge.

Immigration tends to really try and hit scams like call centers, illegals without visas or illegal entries, tour guides, unlicensed teachers etc and those working under the radar to avoid work permits and taxes, people taking jobs Thais can do, although most jobs occupied by Cambodians and Burmese are not wanted by Thais.

Thais don't want to do them as they are hard work or Thais think they are beneath them such as the fishing industry, canning plants etc.

Up here in Isaarn it takes me all my time to get a laborer to come more than two days in succession and I am paying 400 baht a day plus food. They would sooner come and beg for money, not all, but a lot of them.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, BEVUP said:

Quite a confusing post

Your absolutely kidding if there is any way out of it

In the 10 yrs I have been coming here I had only been 1 day late & they still hit me with a 500 bht fine (Immigration just love fining us )

So get your cash together 

You will never ever get any favours from Thai immigration regarding money if you are in the wrong in any way, or even if they think you are in the wrong, You are nothing more than a walking ATM to them. 

16 hours ago, onera1961 said:

Best advice is to stay put from now until April 17. On 17th morning, take the MRT from Rama 9 to Chatuchak and take a taxi to Changwatana. Arrive before 8AM. Pay the fine, extend it for 30 days and become 100% legit.

Alien alert !

• Like 2

17 hours ago, SignUp said:

Why waste more time and money? If I were you, I'd leave today. 

Edited by jenny2017

40 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

You will never ever get any favours from Thai immigration regarding money if you are in the wrong in any way, or even if they think you are in the wrong, You are nothing more than a walking ATM to them. 

And my friend told me the girls would be like that?

• Like 1